• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

My FR Pinnacle Gauge is very finicky. I am having a hard time getting it to fly consistently on the line that I would expect it to fly. One throw it will fly like a Ghost. The next throw it flies like an Optimizer. I've been playing for quite some time now and have never had an issue like this with a disc. Maybe I just need to break it in a little more. How do the Icon Gauges compare to the Pinnacle?

yea the FR pinnacle pink gauges i have are all quite a bit more OS than my icons, they will hold a dead straight line 300ft no problem.. my Icons will all turn over at that distance/speed, powered down they fade differently than the icons because of the added stability.

they fit PERFECTLY between my icon ghost and icon gauge

i love the FR pinnacles, i bought a nice stack of them to last me quite a while

Last edited:
got a round in using my rival a little more extensively. great disc, i am amazed these seemingly don't get as much love as some other stuff out there. i think i birdied or should have birdied every hole i threw these on, i've been evangelizing for legacy and the rival ever since.

What would everyone say is the Legacy equivalent to the Ontario roc? Would it be the Gauge in icon plastic or one of the different plastics the Ghost is manufactured in, say Gravity?

What would everyone say is the Legacy equivalent to the Ontario roc? Would it be the Gauge in icon plastic or one of the different plastics the Ghost is manufactured in, say Gravity?

160s Excel Ghost in terms of shape and straighter flight. Gravity is close but they are generally flatter which isn't like an Ontario

A slightly broken in excel ghost should do the trick, they have tall shoulders like ontario

My FR Pinnacle Gauge is very finicky. I am having a hard time getting it to fly consistently on the line that I would expect it to fly. One throw it will fly like a Ghost. The next throw it flies like an Optimizer. I've been playing for quite some time now and have never had an issue like this with a disc. Maybe I just need to break it in a little more. How do the Icon Gauges compare to the Pinnacle?

I'll take it off your hands. :)

I got it hammered out yesterday afternoon. A little boiling water did the trick. Reduced the dome down a bit and now she flies like a champ. Very consistent, straight with a subtle right turn.

I finally played with an all Legacy bag today.

- 1 fresh, 1 seasoned 167g Bandit
- 1 flat 167g Pinnacle Rival
- 1 pinnacle, 1 Legend Patriot
- 1 Icon Gauge
- Gravity Ghost
- protege Clozer

I actually played just a few throws over my typical on my home course. I think that the Buzzz / Meteor combo will go back in and replace the mids and my trusty Judge has to go back. It was a good game, though, and I would say that Legacy is definitely a contender for any spot in my bag.

First round with a Legacy disc

I finally got to throw an Icon Rampage today. The first throw was a beautiful thing, so were all the others with it. Just like the website claims, it held its line in a headwind, as well as a crosswind and tailwind. I was consistently throwing it longer and more accurate than my usual disks. I may not have the arm to make maximum use of a speed 14 disk, but it worked for me. It made it easy to have my best round at my home course today, by five shots.

I wish I would've gotten a chance at some. I doubt I would've thrown them before figuring out whether or not the Ghost is booting Wasps from the bag, but I am super curious about these since they're taking forever to make regular production.

So tell the truth, who threw there Protege Ghost when they got their's from DGBM?

i would be if i didnt miss out on them .. a buddy has a pair that he is willing to sell me so i can bag some to chuck around but just dont know if i can make myself pay the price for them .. $30ish for a protege thrower is a bit much for me .. i really want some but i have my fingers crossed they will become normal production so i can pay normal protege price for them :\

Wow...I just noticed that I used the word there instead of their.....I'll be my own grammar nazi....that was horrible grammar.

Since you did it to yourself, I will contribute that you also said "their's" instead of "theirs."

And it was also redundant.

:p

Last edited:
^^^well played good sir.

On a side note...I did throw one of my Protege Ghosts. The plastic is very soft. One good tree hit and the rim just crumpled. I had to fix the rim by working the plastic back into shape. I haven't really thrown it enough to give a proper report. Once I do I will let you know what I think more about the flight characteristics.

^^^well played good sir.

On a side note...I did throw one of my Protege Ghosts. The plastic is very soft. One good tree hit and the rim just crumpled. I had to fix the rim by working the plastic back into shape. I haven't really thrown it enough to give a proper report. Once I do I will let you know what I think more about the flight characteristics.

hmmm.. so softer protege? i was hoping it would be the nice stiff stuff like my Clozers

Latest posts