• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

:hfive:

My order arrived, just in time for the weekend, hopefully weather cooperates to let me get out there and test.

Of the order (Icon Recon, Skyline Aftermath and Legend Pursuit), last two really caught my eye. Skyline plastic, at least on this disc, feels like the buttery, sweet Icon I have on couple of discs, which feels great in hand and should provide great grip even when picking it up out of the snow. It does have a pretty hefty pop-top/heartbeat to it, based on my previous experience with Legacy discs of that kind, expecting extra glide and additional understability.

Pursuit also feels nice in the hand, especially trying the forehand grip which I do struggle with on putters and mids a bit. On the Pursuit, low profile, flat top and the rim profile that differs from the Ghost (no bead either) all seem to work in favor of the FH grip. Remains to be seen if it's as beefy as I've been reading. Legend plastic feels softer than on a Legend Clutch of pretty much identical color, Pursuit having much more give in it, can't do any bending on the Clutch, Pursuit flexes with pretty minimal application of force.

Icon Recon seems of the softer Icon type, flat (near concave) top, so that should mean less glide and more beefjerky at the end.

I've been happily surprised by my icon pursuit over the last few weeks. It's a mini firebird that I use for utility trick shots and very reliable flick approaches up to 200' or so. Highly recommended

Thoughts on the recipe for a good cannon? Plastics,weights, dome ?

How far do you throw? FH/BH dominant? Honest relative skill level? Any specific flight pattern you're looking for?

They vary a fair amount which after years of playing I've grown to love (specific blends, domes, and weights fly the same as other discs of the same blend etc). I used to be "any weight or plastic X should fly exactly like X" but it's nice to have variations so you don't need to beat discs in as much. I don't get to play nearly as much as I did 10 years ago...

400-420 on flex line with a crank. LHBH no real plans for flicking it. Dgcr app rates my last 20 rounds to avg. 968. Take that for what little it's worth. Looking for less stable Bomber with glide. I know my outlaws def vary. I am currently using 4 . 350-400 with outlaws

^PM'd.

Anyone every come across STUPIDLY firm Icon? I've held tons of hard plastic over the years (Icon Ghosts included) but this Icon Clutch I got today can't even be close to PDGA legal. More firm than old Medium Wizards. Not that I care about the legality, just curious how much of a fluke this is. Tons of flashing and high PLH as well...white FWIW.

I had an icon prowler a couple years ago that was like that. Like a dinner plate. And my main icon Patriot is also very firm, not quite as extreme though. Also maybe 4 years old.

^PM'd.

Anyone every come across STUPIDLY firm Icon? I've held tons of hard plastic over the years (Icon Ghosts included) but this Icon Clutch I got today can't even be close to PDGA legal. More firm than old Medium Wizards. Not that I care about the legality, just curious how much of a fluke this is. Tons of flashing and high PLH as well...white FWIW.

Most of my Icon is in Outlaws and I wouldn't call any of them as firm as your average star run. I do have a blue icon production patriot from about 5 years ago that's very stiff and durable.

I have a 2018 Icon Rival that's really firm. It's a nice more stable counterpart to my pinnacle Rival.

^PM'd.

My two Icons (Patriot and Phenom) are pretty firm, like slick firm Star, but not as hard as what you seem to be describing.

After three years since taking the Rampages out of the bag and allowing my Outlaw cycle to cover all overstable to stable distance shots, I'm been full bore Rampages this year and digging the extra 20-40' for stable straight max D. Rampages require good form but for stable straight go far, they kick ass.

This dome at the shoulder makes for more glide and 10mph headwind no worries

Attachments

• rampage.jpg
    rampage.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 17
  • rampage dome.jpg
    rampage dome.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 16
After three years since taking the Rampages out of the bag and allowing my Outlaw cycle to cover all overstable to stable distance shots, I'm been full bore Rampages this year and digging the extra 20-40' for stable straight max D. Rampages require good form but for stable straight go far, they kick ass.

This dome at the shoulder makes for more glide and 10mph headwind no worries

Same, but with a cannon.

I don't get any more distance out of Cannons/Rampages than Outlaws. They all fly about the same distance for me. But I struggle a little more with nose angle and aim on the wider rims. Outlaws have my max D slot on lockdown for now. Pinnacles in the upper 160's consistently bomb.

Same, but with a cannon.

Also same. My neutral to flippy ones are that color and 168ish, while I have other runs covering everything to stupidly overstable (5year run/stamp being the most overstable). The Howitzers (translucent non 5year run) and Legend fit nicely in between though I very seldom actually carry four Cannons.

Recently been following my signature and don't feel the need for a maxD driver since I rarely ever play open courses.

This is my Cannon. Pinnacle and it flies very true to the numbers. I've been throwing it powered down for control shots also. It moves fast, so lower tighter shots have been money recently.

Attachments

• IMG_20190404_224950.jpg
    IMG_20190404_224950.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts