• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of spiders

Hyzerbomber

I love how the C.E. spiders are more stable then regular spiders they are like a farther aviar for me, easy to control and been taking alot more shots with it over my rocs. Any who i made this thread to show the love for the spider as i feel it does not get enough, so post your comments and pictures of your beautiful spiders! ;)

Last edited:
I have a salmon colored Pro Line Spider that is beautiful! It is pretty much dead straight for me, but it couldn't beat out my beloved Ghosts. So it is moving on to a buddy of mine pretty soon. It was a good disc, I just loved my current mids more.

Spider Love!

Blue by you:

Green mini-star first run (Glow Coyote on right):

First Run DX Spider:
Yellow1strunDXspider_zpsc69fe81a.jpg

Pro-line beauty:
greenprolinespider_zps2a6d2d38.jpg

Blueberry pre-flight numbers:
bluechampspider_zpsd9af4081.jpg

I have a pre flight number are they worth anything. Its green.

There's a blue one at our Hastings right now that has something like "Multi Purpose Disc" or some such where the numbers would be. I was curious about because I have no idea what I would do with a disc like that.

I have been a fan of spiders for a long time. I prefer them over the Roc because it's easier to find them in primo plastic. And they last forever, the gummy champs will hold up to anything and retain the same stability until you loose it. One thing I've always noticed about the spider, is that they are sensitive to a headwind and OAT. Release them with a slight hyzer on a smooth release and it's a beautiful thing. And as far as the molding goes, the flatter the better! I have three, two early run pearlies and a Pro Line. Might post pics later on...

A little faster actually.

Man, I've been having midrange issues lately and this just reminded me that I used to love throwing a Spider...

I had a green gummy one that had been sitting in a co-workers closet since about 06-07 until he gave it to me 2 years ago. It was the most reliable disc ever and I miss it so (rolled off into deep moving creek, hole #7 @FoothillsDGC- sigh). I've replaced it with a really firm star one since I could not find another champ one that I could trust to throw FH for any decent distance (great disc both ways and overhand, amazing for scoobies).
If anyone has any gummy champ throwers, PM me PLEASE!

Have a neon green gummy champ F2 in the bag for a couple years now. Use it for approach distances between mid and putter, and also great as a putter at times.....it's been very useful for me.

I found a white, gummy spider in the pond yesterday (plenty of ink, but nothing with a name or number.. just a bunch of unrecognizable tags), that feels a bit like pro plastic, but a little like a dx/r-pro blend. The stamp is pre-numbers and mostly worn off and looks more like a dx stamp, but this plastic is soft, grippy and floppy.

What in the world is this plastic blend? I'm thinking of taking it out to the field and tossing it around a bit to see what it does.

Latest posts