• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

forehand approach disc in 125'

zone for: forehand,thumber,flick roller, scooby to about 200 ft this disc will change your game! To all you hardcores out there I don't care if you use a roc, rhyno, gator, champ shark save it for someother newbie thanks! Any putter or mid will not give you the best chance to save par in a 15 mph wind I'll stick with the zone or pig for that shot.

Ion or whatever putter you carry. Just sank a ~120' FH upshot with my Ion last round I played for a deuce on a tough hole (#9 long arboretum).

If you need to use something extremely overstable fo rsuch a short shot you're either lazy or have **** for FH form. I haven't found a reputable disc that I couldn't control at this range with a FH shot, understables included.

nobody said the VP yet. great for shots that you run past the basket esp if left side is bad roller possibility or ob. Wizard for straight shots with very little fade.

Anything 150 and in is Wizard territory for this guy.

This is really putting distance, and my putter is the Wizard.

If you need to use something extremely overstable for such a short shot you're either lazy or have **** for FH form. I haven't found a reputable disc that I couldn't control at this range with a FH shot, understables included.

I don't really buy this. My form is clean, and when I wasn't as confident putting inside the circle I could easily gauge distance and drop a Zone right next to the pin. I started working more on my putting and haven't really needed that throw any more.

Last edited:
Ion or whatever putter you carry. Just sank a ~120' FH upshot with my Ion last round I played for a deuce on a tough hole (#9 long arboretum).

If you need to use something extremely overstable fo rsuch a short shot you're either lazy or have **** for FH form. I haven't found a reputable disc that I couldn't control at this range with a FH shot, understables included.

I never said my fh is clean

Nice job, you managed to brag about how good you are, a good shot you've done, offer no real help other than what's already been said and come off looking like a d**k. All in one post!

ESP Zone....I'm a lazy newb with sh** for a forehand who took a few local players advice.....Thanks ATL scott and big jerm for being newbs too. :hfive:

I get a kick out of the hardcores. On one side we have the old schools who think if you have anything faster than a speed 9 you just have no Idea? Next up the alpha male 450 foot plus drives, jump putts everything crowd that just does not offer up much of anything to our great sport. Do you guys know we are all in this together? If you shot under par you should be helping others get their with an open mind. This will help your game and your life no joke!

Generally I'll use my putter, but just for straight short fh approaches.
On something where I need a hyzer I'll go vector.
For anhyzer fh I'll use either a vector or an axis depending on whether or not I need it to fade back.
My 166gm putter is just so easy to flick at that range though

Do you guys know we are all in this together?

St.-Rodney.jpg

My forehand form is as dirty as your granddaddy's compost pile, but I still use a Roc forehand when my approach needs to finish left to right. In my experience, you don't need clean forehand form to use a midrange disc for upshots, as long as you know what line your form will produce. Don't get me wrong, I would prefer to have clean form, but on upshots a wide-rimmed driver isn't going to help you even if your forehand flutters like a tween girl's heart at a Bieber concert. Just start your line LEFT of the target and let the disc's natural attributes bring it back.

ESP Zone....I'm a lazy newb with sh** for a forehand who took a few local players advice.....Thanks ATL scott and big jerm for being newbs too. :hfive:

Now that I have more time and less sarcasm the reason I like the zone is because if you forehand it on an anhyzer line it flattens out and glides out/skips at the end for a softer landing and rarely rolls away. It is also is good for an overstable shot (obviously) when you release it flat and imo is really workable at that close of a range. I'm really glad Scott let me try his and I was able to see this for myself because I would have never used such an overstable disc for that shot until I tried it out.

I used to use a buzz and had good results and I hear a rhyno works well.
Really at that close of range I don't think it really matters what you use as long as its comfortable for you.

I do switch it up and forehand a wizard for straight shots but I rarely find myself in that position

Latest posts