• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Forehand Driver - Faster XXX, more glide?

It's not that funky, just a little different. It's got a unique curve to the wing. You'll forget about it the first time you see one fly. They fly great.

They are speed 12, and fly pretty controllable IMO. Wouldn't really suggest it though if you're under 380'.

I agree with this. I've been throwing FH's for a while now and the 375-425 range is where the 12's and 13's fly true to their ratings. Sometimes I'll throw a giant shorter just so it will dump off.

Anything under that, if you want something OS, I'd recommend a max weight S-DD.

If you are FH'ing, it will be plenty OS unless you are throwing with monster anhyzer or throwing 400'+.

I have fh' just about everything on the market.
CE FX, preds, trident, xXx, nuke os, nuke, boss, destroyer, wraith, halo, PD, DD, giant, trespass....pretty much everything.

Unless I just have 3 somehow magically more OS S-DD's I really think it should be perfect.

PD's would fit that description pretty well.

PD's aren't as HSS on FH shots for some reason. Yes, you could say bad form, but its very clear. They seem to be quite a bit different from other OS FH discs

Well.. At least I don't have the power to make them turn FH. :doh:

NukeOS...Stability is similar to the XXX but 13 speed rather than 7-8 that I believe XXX is. I have never flicked a XXX but I have thrown them backhand before but love flicking my NukeOS

i think the sword might work....cannon too flippy?

Sword isn't OS really. It says its 0, 2, but we all know Westside lies. I'd say its stable at best.

The cannon doesn't have much HSS but the LSS is pretty strong, especially on shorter shots. However its a 14 and I don't think he wanted that fast.

i'm looking to replace all my dependable discs with obscure, home made exotic plastic. i want them to fly about the same as the discs that i throw and love, but preferably with cooler names and prettier pictures. it would help if they were handmade in small batches so that only 7 of us in the world actually own them. can you help?

i'm looking to replace all my dependable discs with obscure, home made exotic plastic. i want them to fly about the same as the discs that i throw and love, but preferably with cooler names and prettier pictures. it would help if they were handmade in small batches so that only 7 of us in the world actually own them. can you help?

im not even sure what you are trolling about. do you have an issue with me looking for recommendations of longer XXX like discs to add to my bag?

Trolling? No. How many of these "I really like Disc A from Brand X but want to stop throwing what I know and throw something different so what do you recommend?" threads are there? Disc shops love guys like you. Do you do the same thing for food, clothes, cars and music? "I really like pizza but am looking to stop eating pizza and start eating something similar, preferably from a foreign country."

Btw, what's the over/under on these looking to switch threads? I'm guessing 549

Trolling? No. How many of these "I really like Disc A from Brand X but want to stop throwing what I know and throw something different so what do you recommend?" threads are there? Disc shops love guys like you. Do you do the same thing for food, clothes, cars and music? "I really like pizza but am looking to stop eating pizza and start eating something similar, preferably from a foreign country."

But I am not looking to switch you clown. How about reading slower nex time so you can comprehend the question asked. I am asked for recommendations for a longer disc with similar flight characteristics to the XXX to add for forehand driving.

Not really sure why you decided to be a dick to a perfectly acceptable question.

But sure, let pretend i asked for a disc exactly like the XXX to replace it and didnt ask for a Distance Driver that is similar to the XXX, which is a fairway driver.

Because you know, Speed 7 and Speed 11/12 discs are the same, right?

Why don't you go away? There's no reason to attack his preferences just because they're different from yours.

You guys are awesome and i really enjoy reading all your insightful comments.

Btw, osmo, i am fully aware of your OP. You were the one who bumped a comment that was nearly 3 weeks old. Any luck yet, champ?