• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Forehand Upshots discs

soft Envy/flx Zone are my typical FH upshot team. give the Nova a shot for the BH upshots, they stick like velcro and should feel very familiar with your ultimate background.

DD Justice. It has replaced my zones. I have one max weight for pure beef and a 168 for a little more touch. The only thing that irks me a smidge is it does have a little bit of a skip.

If i dont want it to skip at all...I use a Harp.

Very hard to beat a zone

Unless you have an Envy.

I use both the Zone and Envy for FH upshots. The Envy is much more controllable and useful. If I could only throw one, the Envy could do it all. Really if I only carried one disc, the Envy would be it. I do throw the Zone for OS FH approaches, but the OP did specify hitting gaps through trees and Anny shots he loves that the Envy does. The Zone isn't as nice for those shots.

Thanks for all the replies. A few things. It is heavily wooded where I play in Northern New england which is why I love the envy since I can shoot small gapes really well. If everything was open I would probably just throw a backhand. Two takeaways I have from this discussion is I may purchase a Harp or Zone, for more OS shots or high winds(something we do not see lots of in the mountain valleys of VT, NH). The decision will be made in a brick and mortar when I hold them. Second The poster who mentioned the truth made me happy. I have been considering getting a truth to replace my axis, and that pushes me in that direction even more

thanks!

My brother-in-law had me try out his Champ Spider for forehand tunnel shots, and I immediately went out and got my own. It's easily my most reliable disc for that purpose (though nobody else has mentioned it in this thread, so perhaps it may just be well-suited to me)

I throw my Harps (bt Medium) for a lot of approaches forehand. In an open field if I am 90-180 feet I am probably throwing a FH harp. I also will BH the same discs for 120-275' approaches.
I also FH my verdict, truth, mercy and PD for approaches often. Occasionally the xxx as well.

I recommend the harp in med (instead of a zone in ESP) because the plastic is great unlike the pro-d belends the zone came in. They are very versatile once they break in some. I don't reccomend the Bt Soft much, as its almost too overstable to be workable until it beats in more.

Harps for days, scale is good too, but I like the grip on the Harp.

I have 3 suspects. Lucid for more overstable shots. Fusion for something a little straighter or if I want a skip. Classic Blend if I want it to stick. Can't pump these discs enough. Fh/bh doesn't matter. But my favorite is probably the Fusion to fh.

I mainly forehand all my shots over 200', but when I get to approach distance I'd always switch over to backhand. A friend let me borrow a biofusion suspect and it worked out well for forehand approaches. It's the first mid that holds up well to my flicks. I'm now throwing a lucid suspect that is holding up well to the task. It's just OS enough to fly like it should without requiring a ton of Anny.

You should think about adding a Classic Blend to the mix. It just SQUATS when it lands.

blend suspect....they have very lil glide which makes them very predictable and they tune in soool nice! I bag a lucid for tee shots but 90% of my approaches in any given round are with the blend, I would be lost without it

Soft Envy for most... Harp sometimes, and BuzzzOS for longer meathooky flicks... Between the soft envy and the BuzzzOS, my get out of trouble shots are covered solid