• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forest City, IA to Albert Lea, MN Dec.23-28

MonkeyJones

I will be in this vicinity and on the lookout for some friendly competition on the course. I'm determined to throw Albert Lea once--Oak Island for sure, and probably one of the others nearby. Forest City once or twice for sure. PM if you can make it out. Playing for fun or playing for skins--either is good with me.

I'll meet you out there, Albert Lea for sure. Possibly forest city. I'll be out there playing every day at some point, what day are you coming to Albert Lea?

Here's a potential schedule on my end, each round Ill have a small crowd of people.

Mon 23: glow round at oak island
Tues 24: am round at oak island and/or tall grass, or riverland (glow round at crown, not relevant to this discussion)
Wed 25: maybe an evening round in Albert Lea
Thurs 26: forest city and ??
Fri 27: all 54 in Albert Lea
Sat 28: no plan but I'm sure it will involve dg somewhere in the area
Sun 29: my dad's bday party, the goal is 100 holes from fairmont to Albert Lea, conditions and turnout will dictate how far we get.

I am considering a road trip down to Albert Lea possibly Friday or Saturday after xmas. Havent made it to oak island yet this year but wouldnt mind to hit all 3 up as I kind of got lost at Riverland my 1st and only time playing there.

See you out there!

I'm in for:
-Tuesday morning at Oak Island + Bancroft
-Thursday (morning is best) at Forest City
-probably be at Forest City again sometime Wednesday and/or Saturday (a.m. likely)

Matt, will you have a male pooch along? I was planning on having my beagle tag along, and he's still packin' a pair--not usually an issue with other males, unless their used to being top dog.

Forest is usually good with other dogs if they stay out of his business and there's no food involved. It's the puppies that are in his face that cause issues. See you at the Bancroft parking lot (must park there for either course) on Tue am, I'll let you know what time

Sounds like they'll work out together

The earlier the better for me--I play sunrise rounds all the time, but I realize that most others don't...Is 8:00 too early for you or others that'll be coming?

My pooch is about 10, so it sounds like they'll be fine. Chances are, Jerry will be more interested in sniffing under every leaf and tree trunk than anything or anyone else.

8 might be pushing it. My dad and I are all about the sunrise round, others on the other hand might need some coaxing, I'll see what the word is.

hmm...

I may just go on up at sunrise and get started. If the rest don't want to tee off that early, that's no biggie. I'll join the group whenever all arrive. Care to do the same?

You guys played today and are going out tomorrow? That's hardcore. I was thinking about it today but just couldn't do it. Anything under 10 and I just get into hibernation mode.

My dad and a few folks played today. Forecasted temps tomorrow at 8 is 10 below. Really it's not bad and can be quite enjoyable as long as you dress properly. I hear echoes of "you're crazy" but I don't really feel crazy, feels fine to me.

That's awesome. I suppose it's not entirely crazy. I truly despise the cold myself but I've gotten by playing on the 15 degree days this year without too much discomfort. I could see those who don't mind the cold getting by beyond that.

i was at eagles edge today. first time playing it. lost a brand new misprint z wasp. second one in a month. had fun though thats a cool short 9 course

Today is definitely the day, but tomorrow for me.

Wish I could be back up in Albert Lea today...
I'll be at Forest City tomorrow, ready to tee off at 8:00. All the tees (blue) have been cleared. No snow in the forecast, so they should still be clear in the morning. I'm hoping to get in two full rounds out there. If anyone else is interested, just come out and join. I'll have a shovel in the trunk for the red/white tees if you want to throw from those for round one and from blues for round two. Otherwise, two rounds from blues is cool with me.

Forest City, 8:00 a.m. tomorrow (Saturday)