• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form Analysis- What can I do better?

moorent

Eagle Member
This is my first video to submit to this forum, hopefully I can get some good advice. I'll have a few more angles to post when I get somebody to hold my phone for me.

here

yeah you do not have a reach back, you still curl like a frisbee.

reacharound.jpg

Negative: your back is not toward the target ever either. (that was pointed out in my form thread that we both make that mistake)

Positive: good followthrough

O wow, I never noticed that I did that with my left arm- should be an easy habit to break though.

The reach back is something that I am working on, I'm not sure what the benefit of having my back to my target is; can anybody give me a bit more explanation?

Is there some sort of graphic or video you can point me to? I'm having a hard time visualizing what this should look like.

Thanks for all of the quick responses!

So my back facing the target will be the result of my upper body and hips rotating during my reachback.

I'll try to get another video posted later today from better angles.

your back will face the target briefly during the X-step. I have lost a lot of power because I do not use an X-step and it limits my hip rotation, but I have numerous flaws.

this sounds wierd but drive with your left hand in your pocket, it forces you to use your back and the full potential of your body twist-weight transfer. some of the best advice i had ever received early on.

obviously once youre used to driving like this take your hand outa the pocket ;)

Here's a video from today's practice session. Working on keeping my left arm down and rotating BOTH of my shoulders during my reachback.

I've been throwing high, I suppose that means that I need to have my right arm higher during reachback?

video here

disc is a 171 star wraith

still feels a bit weird and my accuracy will hurt until I get used to it but I have already seen a 10-20 foot increase in my drives.

I'll continue to work on expanding my reachback but suspect that it won't be as easy as not flailing my left arm around.

when ever you change your form you will see a small decrease then a larger increase. It it the nature of form change. I see it with shot putters all of the time. I try to teach them the spin, but they get 3 more feet with the glide. By the end of the season those doing the spin make it to states and the gliders stay home.

The second vid was way better, but your still not getting optimal reach back. Really, the main problem I see is your hips. Your hips are lined up with the basket pretty much throughout your throw. You need to get your bum pointed at the basket more so you can turn your hips into the throw.

PECAN PARK FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

off topic but cool story, when i used to live in Nac still moorent found my pearly orc with NO NAME OR NUMBER, got on DGCR and saw a picture of it in a thread about pearly orcs and sent me a message and returned it to me. COOL DUDE!!!!

Last edited:
PECAN PARK FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

off topic but cool story, when i used to live in Nac still moorent found my pearly orc with NO NAME OR NUMBER, got on DGCR and saw a picture of it in a thread about pearly orcs and sent me a message and returned it to me. COOL DUDE!!!!

you and odey need to come back for a weekend and play...new baskets at pecan and the lake, and fresh dirt on the tee-pads on all the courses:hfive: