• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Former Giants pitcher Brian Wilson plays Disc Golf

Why is he playing Disc Golf? He is recovering from Tommy John Surgery and is a free agent right now. If he blows out his elbow again that is his career.

I am all for relaxing but the guy should be 100% about baseball and his recovery right now. I was hoping the Red Sox sign him so i hope he doesnt do to much reckless stuff before someone signs him.

Even worse is this is his second tommy john surgery in 15 months. I dont know if ANYONE has come back after a 3rd. So disc golf should be last on his to-do list.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Wilson and his doctors have a better handle on his injury and rehab than armchair QB Osmo.

Football reference in a baseball topic? Nice.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say not every athlete takes his doctors advice to heart.

See: Andrew bynum when rehabbing from major knee surgery.

andrew-bynum.ftr.jpg

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/for_the_record/posts/59821-bynums-knee-survives-playboy-mansion-workout

^maybe he only throws BH? Which may not put undue pressure on the TJ surgery?

Its all still involving the elbow. I mean he can do what he wants, but if i was rehabbing a 2nd tommy john surgery and no one has ever come back from a 3rd i would not be doing anything but baseball activities. Save disc golf for retirement.

Dr. Osmo in the building.

Oh fk off. You and disc qualified are nothing but trolls who cant shut the hell up when i post now. You dont have to be a doctor to know that throwing a disc after 2 tommy john surgeries when you are rehabbing to try to get an MLB contract is pretty risky. The guy can do whatever he wants but that doesnt mean i cant say "man thats risky i wouldnt do that when i could lost out of MILLLIONS of dollars".

Oh fk off. You and disc qualified are nothing but trolls who cant shut the hell up when i post now. You dont have to be a doctor to know that throwing a disc after 2 tommy john surgeries when you are rehabbing to try to get an MLB contract is pretty risky. The guy can do whatever he wants but that doesnt mean i cant say "man thats risky i wouldnt do that when i could lost out of MILLLIONS of dollars".

You seem upset.

Dr. Osmo in the building.

:popcorn::popcorn:

Saying he is putting his career at risk requires you to make a lot of assumptions. Consider, for instance, the possibility that he may be playing with his 'off' hand. That alone would remove nearly any risk of career-limiting injury. Or, his doctor could have cleared him for this. Instead, he might be intentionally taking it easy and in line with his other rehab activities. Or he could say 'I am my own man and I can recreate however I choose; internet non-doctors be damned.' Just a few of many possibilities.

Hey Osmo, just like you are allowed to say "that's risky" I am allowed to say that he and his doctors probably know more than you. I think a nice warm mug of chamomile tea and some smooth sax sounds of Kenny G might help you take the edge off. You appear to be really tense.

Its all still involving the elbow. I mean he can do what he wants, but if i was rehabbing a 2nd tommy john surgery and no one has ever come back from a 3rd i would not be doing anything but baseball activities. Save disc golf for retirement.

I can actually see where you're coming from with this. I know it's easy for any of us to downplay the injury just because a handful of pitchers have been able to come back from TJ surgery, but we also do not have millions of dollars sitting in our bank accounts and are not pitching in Major League baseball games in front of tens of thousands during crunch time.

Although there could very well be some DGCR millionaires, horrible assumption on my part.

Why is he playing Disc Golf? He is recovering from Tommy John Surgery and is a free agent right now. If he blows out his elbow again that is his career.

I am all for relaxing but the guy should be 100% about baseball and his recovery right now. I was hoping the Red Sox sign him so i hope he doesnt do to much reckless stuff before someone signs him.

He has also been seen throwing from a mound at University of San Francisco. I am pretty sure if he's been cleared to THROW FASTBALLS then it's cool if he throws a few holes of "Frisbee golf".

http://www.mercurynews.com/giants/ci_23710585/brian-wilson-works-out-front-giants-coaches

Last edited:

Or maybe he's one of those crazy cats that already has millions of dollars and figures he could somehow, some way, still make it if something were to happen. It's not all about money for everybody.

Disclaimer: It's all about money for me.

Latest posts