• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fossa Roa Tourney Bag

I have 2 of these bags and they are a decent for the price. They are a bigger bag but with how you carry it (back pack straps) they are undoubtedly bulky. They are making a backpack bag now so I am interested in seeing that.

DANG IT!!! I wanted to break the story. :p:p:p

I have one on the way for a tourney this weekend. Will report back. Looks like an awesome bag.

I think you'll really enjoy it. I carry all the staple Innova, Fade, DD bags in my shop and when I got these in and started fondling them I was really impresssed. The material is very good and the PVC coating on the inside of the material really puts it over the top IMO...I think it's gonna be a home run and can't wait to see their backpack they said they are working on.

Review

The Fossa Roa Tournament Bag

Pros
-Materials. I would put them at better than the Innova Tourney/Discarrier, not not as on par as more expensive options (Voodoo). However, this bag is designed for those looking for an inexpensive option for tournaments and for the price, you can't get a better built bag.
-Price point. You essentially pay for the Innova Competition Bag and receive the Discarrier. This combined with the solid materials of this bag make it one of the best bag deals on the market.
-Storage Holy storage Batman! Played a weekend tournament, 4 rounds and had enough room for not only essentials (discs, towels, etc.) but also some "just in case" (umbrella, rain jacket etc.) Not only is there enough storage for whatever you need, the layout is fantastic. I really dig the putter pocket being on the side for much easier access with small storage pouches on the front for important items (knife, scorecard, phone). Great umbrella straps too.
-Mini Pocket-Yep. I love the mini pocket on this bag. The pocket is big enough to hold 3-4 minis and the elastic band on top makes it to where you don't need that mini to fill up the pocket. Also, this pocket is big enough to store maybe 1 or 2 minis and the scorecard for easy access.

Cons
-Water-with the sheer amount of storage options, unfortunately the bag doesn't have a second water bottle holder. While an easy fix is to just store extra water in the bigger side pouches or carry a bigger bottle in the generously sized existing holder, it was a little bit of an annoyance.
-Bulky-not a problem with me personally, but with the bag's sheer amount of storage if fully loaded down, some might think it a bit bulky. But then again, I think that is a necessary sacrifice to be able to literally carry everything you need or might need during a tournament.

Summary
Fossa Disc Golf is a company that flew in under the radar of the big companies and their releases with a bag that is quite possibly the best of its class. It literally took everything about its predecessors (Innova Comp/Discarrier, FADE Tourney, DD Commander/Soldier) and made them better. Better materials, an unbeatable price point and an intelligent design easily puts the Fossa Roa as one of the best if not the best tournament style bags developed.

That's the "moto" of the 2 owners at Fossa. They wanted to make a better bag and had the ambition to do so. That's a big reason why I'm excited to see the back pack they are making. The material itself is also waterproof I do believe. And the insulated drink pocket is nice.

The bag looks great and it seems very user friendly, however, the zippers seem to be of a lower grade than the innova tourney/discarrier/voodoo.

The Fossa Roa Tournament Bag

Pros
-Materials. I would put them at better than the Innova Tourney/Discarrier, not not as on par as more expensive options (Voodoo). However, this bag is designed for those looking for an inexpensive option for tournaments and for the price, you can't get a better built bag.
-Price point. You essentially pay for the Innova Competition Bag and receive the Discarrier. This combined with the solid materials of this bag make it one of the best bag deals on the market.
-Storage Holy storage Batman! Played a weekend tournament, 4 rounds and had enough room for not only essentials (discs, towels, etc.) but also some "just in case" (umbrella, rain jacket etc.) Not only is there enough storage for whatever you need, the layout is fantastic. I really dig the putter pocket being on the side for much easier access with small storage pouches on the front for important items (knife, scorecard, phone). Great umbrella straps too.
-Mini Pocket-Yep. I love the mini pocket on this bag. The pocket is big enough to hold 3-4 minis and the elastic band on top makes it to where you don't need that mini to fill up the pocket. Also, this pocket is big enough to store maybe 1 or 2 minis and the scorecard for easy access.

Cons
-Water-with the sheer amount of storage options, unfortunately the bag doesn't have a second water bottle holder. While an easy fix is to just store extra water in the bigger side pouches or carry a bigger bottle in the generously sized existing holder, it was a little bit of an annoyance.
-Bulky-not a problem with me personally, but with the bag's sheer amount of storage if fully loaded down, some might think it a bit bulky. But then again, I think that is a necessary sacrifice to be able to literally carry everything you need or might need during a tournament.

Summary
Fossa Disc Golf is a company that flew in under the radar of the big companies and their releases with a bag that is quite possibly the best of its class. It literally took everything about its predecessors (Innova Comp/Discarrier, FADE Tourney, DD Commander/Soldier) and made them better. Better materials, an unbeatable price point and an intelligent design easily puts the Fossa Roa as one of the best if not the best tournament style bags developed.

This is a pretty spot on review, the only thing I didn't quite get was no hole in the bottom of the water bottle holder.

This is a pretty spot on review, the only thing I didn't quite get was no hole in the bottom of the water bottle holder.

Thanks! I actually just noticed that! Maybe it has to do with the insulation inside of the holder itself?

-The only thing I would change is the zipper handles. I couldn't fit my existing paracord pulls through them. I know Fossa has pulls, I just wouldn't mind seeing a more "universal" sized zipper.

I got this bag in August and was really excited about the extra pockets. I often like to have the option of a jacket and my Fade Tourney bag just doesn't have a good pocket for that. The variety of pockets is a huge selling point for me. I was a little disappointed with only one bottle holder, but I've just thrown another bottle in one of the many pockets. The bag carries pretty well with backpack straps and holds a ton of discs. I like the backpack strap connectors better than my Fade Tourney as well.

Con: Let me start by saying that the guys at Fossa have been awesome about my issues with the bag. I have the grey bag, and carry a 32 oz Nalgene full of water every round. The stitching on the bottle holder is holding, but the bag material itself started tearing at the top corners of the bottle holder. I carry 2 putters, and the putter pocket stitching is starting to pull away. The PVC lining inside both big end pockets is peeling from the fabric, as well. For a month old bag, carried on regular everyday rounds, that has me worried.

The guys hinted that they may have had some issues with the grey, and as I said, when I sent in pictures, they have provided great customer service. I went ahead and asked to replace it with brown, cause they said the lining hasn't had any issues. So I am hopeful that maybe I just had a bad luck bag and the 2nd will be awesome.

I'll be on the lookout for that! Thank you. I think we've had our bags for about the same amount of time, I got mine in later August and its one of the silver/blue ones.

I'll be on the lookout for that! Thank you. I think we've had our bags for about the same amount of time, I got mine in later August and its one of the silver/blue ones.

I felt like the bottle pocket always hung a little funny. With a full bottle, it really pulls on that end pocket.

I'm glad to hear you haven't had any issues with yours. I am hopeful that it was just a fluke.

Just a follow up

So I wanted to follow up on this and see if anyone else has got this bag and how they felt about it. Is there an update on there backpack bag? Is the brown one still the better on due to the stitching? Thanks for the input!

As I am reading this I see they have a backpack on the way over a year ago but when do they plan on coming out with it? Also back to my previous question anyone know about the tourney bag they have. Really interested but would like to here some more recent feedback on the bag!

I played with a guy last weekend that had a fossa tourney bag. it looked brand new but the stitching had failed and disc were falling out the bottom. he said that fossa was replacing it with the improved model.

Hey, guys. I see some people on here talking about the backpack. We are working toward a release date of early 2015 around Feb or March. We have a 3rd bag in the works now as well that we hope to release at the same time.

Also, *cough* Alibaba *cough* and MarkDSM... I don't have much appreciation for companies that are "logoers" either. For that reason, we build our bags from the ground up and are always looking to make improvements any way we can for future models. If you get a chance to take a look at any of our bags, we'd love to hear your suggestions!