• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fossa Skinny 2

Love this bag. Also I can comment to the wonderful customer service I've experienced. After my first round with it I noticed that my bug spray that I put in the front zipper compartment leaked. The bug spray started to eat away the lining of the compartment. I messaged fossa not looking for a replacement but what I could do to fix it. Parker from fossa emailed me within a hour saying that I could just send them my bag to them and they would replace it no problem.

This bag was a pleasant surprise. This might be the best bag sold for under $200....and its only $109.
Check out my full review on youtube: Fossa Skinny 2

This Fossa Skinny would have been my replacement bag in 2018 or 2019 for the Vertex Angler Backpack just backpack part if I did not need something that could fit under my Seat from the Vertex Angler Backpack. Height was just a tad too tall, but I love the big section quick disc idea for top 5-6 most used discs.

Yeah for me I would have thought about turning the small pocket into a second bottle holder and used the extra small pocket on the last upper disc pouch for more storage. I might use the side disc pocket for open top storage if not being used for discs that and/or take black wide Flex Tape and put that on both sides of the mesh pocket under the stretchy band to have a durable pocket for stuff. For you Doth Savek, getting a safety pin crimped closed (to not open up on you during play) over the zipper part of the small pocket to have it not open more then you like would work. I had to do the safety pin in zipper section to the back ~1/2 of the big side pockets on the Athletico Powershot backpack due to how dumb the pocket design is that can open up 90% and dump all the contents out of the two side pockets. Even the original Heropack with crappy bottle holders from Innova it was only last 1/4 to 1/3 of big pockets that did not have a zipper so storage was better designed.

I like the newer bag, the older version seemed flawed in that the upper storage for discs was not as well thought out and the bottom did not have the plastic rubber bottom to the very under of the bag just used the plastic half round parts to hold the bag off the ground.

Last edited:
How does the Skinny 2 compare to the Grip CS2?
I'm very intrigued by the Fossa.

I still do not have the CS2 out for a round yet. My friend lent me his brand new Guru YME, so I will review the Guru first and then start carrying the CS2.
After I get some miles on the CS2 and review it I will talk about how it compares to the Fossa Skinny

Just took my fossa skinny 2 for the second time today. First since I got my replacement. Loving the cell phone pocket and the comfort of this bag. I carried 22 discs, nalgene, a towel, phone, keys and wallet. Zero bag fatigue at all. The straps are nice very thickly padded. So far loving the skinny 2. Highly recommend if your looking for a bag in the 120 range.

This is a really good bag. For my needs and preferences it came down to this and the Grip CS2.
In the end I decided on the Skinny 2 based primarily on the bag configuration, but the price between this and the Grip was also important. I've carried it for a handful of rounds and also used it in a tournament this past weekend.

I prefer top loading access to discs, typically carry 15-18 discs (even for tournament play), try to keep the overall load light, don't use much storage, and don't like bulky bags.
The Skinny 2 is 2-3 inches taller than most backpack bags which I like since it rides better on my back (I'm 6'-1"), and the slim width and overall configuration makes it extremely comfortable and easy to handle.

The main compartment accommodates all the discs I need, but I do use 2 of the sleeves/pouches directly above the main area for my putters. The main compartment is deep enough that I can put a small umbrella behind the discs for rounds where rain could be a factor. I don't use the top pouch for disc storage, instead it keeps my towel and birdie bag immediately accessible. The phone pouch holds both my phone and wallet, and I rarely access my phone when on the course so it works great for these valuables. The side disc pocket is used for the golden retriever and other misc. items. The small pocket next to the drink holder is for keys, snacks, and other small items. The front pocket and side mesh pocket currently aren't used but the front pocket can hold a light jacket or long sleeved shirt for cooler weather.

It's definitely a unique design, but is very well thought out and executed. Quality appears to be good, my previous tournament bag was a Fossa Tana Pro so I'm confident with the quality Fossa puts out. The only common feature this one lacks is that big top zippered area that most backpacks have for a sweatshirt or thicker jacket, but that wasn't a deal breaker for me especially considering this bag does have ample storage and tons of options for anyone not loading up every area with discs.

Last edited:
Saw this bag posted on Reddit, and when I saw the price I had to try it. Only played one round with it thus far but I really like it. Lightweight and really comfortable to carry, and has just enough storage without being bulky or cumbersome. I carry 18 discs which leaves plenty of room in the main compartment for a sweatshirt or light jacket. I keep my towel in the side disc pocket. With 20-22 discs I'm sure it would still be workable with some reconfiguration. I like to carry extra towels and usually this time of year I'm removing a sweatshirt midway through my round.

I switched from the Upper Park Rebel and much prefer the Skinny's pocket configuration. The main compartment is more open and accessible compared to the Rebel — the upper pockets don't get in the way. I also like the larger top pocket for my putters. There's a smaller pocket within the putter pocket where I keep a mini. The drink sleeve holds my 32oz. Nalgene perfectly. Just one sleeve compared to the Rebel's two, which isn't an issue for me.

I was concerned with the tall slim profile that the bag might easily tip over on sloped ground, but it's every bit as stable as the Rebel. Seems like it's well designed so that the top pockets loaded with discs will counterbalance the weight of the main compartment. It's not an issue at all.

Lastly the straps are thick and well padded, and there are nice thick pads on the back of the bag as well. I can't imagine any bag feeling more comfortable than this.

The Rebel held up really well for 3+ years and at least 300 rounds — no issues with frays or tears or failed stitching. Hopefully the Skinny will be comparable because I really like it and plan to make it my main bag going forward. If so, for $109 it's an insanely good value.

Hmmm. The more I check this bag out, the more I think it is a much better deal than the CS2 and seems to have better features overall... for a better price.

Was planning on picking one of these up after checking out Doth Savek's excellent review and comparing against Grip CS2.

Currently own a Golf Mahal and an old Innova Competition bag with a single strap (fat Lat64 strap). The Mahal only comes out for tourneys and road trips where I don't know what I'll be running into. I often think about selling the Mahal but have too many good memories with it and it can be used as a backcountry backpack and fits in the overhead on a plane.

The Comp bag is my daily driver as I normally only carry around 12-14 discs and I use half of the main compartment for storage. I've got plenty of miles on the old girl and it's time for an upgrade.

Skinny 2 is now 20% off from Nov.27-Dec.4. They are also throwing in a disc from Full Turn Discs with the order. That sealed the deal and I have one on the way!

This bag is $87 USD with the 20% off! Crazy good value! Even with the crappy exchange rate and shipping to Canada the total came in at $150.

I wonder when the Navy and Gray pre-orders are going to ship? I think I might be getting one for Christmas from my wife... and if they don't ship until after Christmas that is ok with me, though she'll probably be upset, ha. She will want to wrap it.

Just ordered a grey Skinny 2. Looking forward to it. Was told they are still waiting on the delivery and expect them to ship any day now.

It's been over a month since I ordered and it still hasn't made it past Chicago according to the tracking.
This is all on the craziness at the USPS though. Fossa had my bag out their door the day that I ordered.

It's been over a month since I ordered and it still hasn't made it past Chicago according to the tracking.
This is all on the craziness at the USPS though. Fossa had my bag out their door the day that I ordered.

If you ordered a grey (like I did) around Black Friday, they still don't have them in. It was just the shipping label created a month ago.

That said, their customer service has been very responsive to emails letting me know they don't have the bags yet.

If you ordered a grey (like I did) around Black Friday, they still don't have them in. It was just the shipping label created a month ago.

That said, their customer service has been very responsive to emails letting me know they don't have the bags yet.

My wife ordered me a Navy... it was what I asked for Christmas..I said Gray or Navy and she chose Navy. Looking forward to it hopefully shipping very soon. Of course she didn't notice it said pre order..ha.. so was expecting it to be here by Christmas since she ordered it around Black Friday in November. I do know they were thinking they would be there in time to be shipped out before Christmas, but in these times, stuff happens.

Contacted Parker again yesterday and the bags are still in transport from LA to Fossa. Seems to be taking a scenic trip

I just had a box sit in Fort Collins, Colorado for six days and then today it gets scanned in San Francisco..... I live in the Houston, Texas area. No idea if it will leave San Francisco quickly or sit there for a few days.. it is one of the Discmania Black Box mystery boxes. I've seen several people get theirs in Canada in just four days, ha.

If they are coming USPS, then they could sit for days at different locations. It is not going well right now for them.

I just had a box sit in Fort Collins, Colorado for six days and then today it gets scanned in San Francisco..... I live in the Houston, Texas area. No idea if it will leave San Francisco quickly or sit there for a few days.. it is one of the Discmania Black Box mystery boxes. I've seen several people get theirs in Canada in just four days, ha.

If they are coming USPS, then they could sit for days at different locations. It is not going well right now for them.

That is due to stuff that happened due to the USA Election over Mail in ballots and then soon to be former President finding ways to slow down the USPS for that, now it seems that has still lingered on, the slow down.

That is due to stuff that happened due to the USA Election over Mail in ballots and then soon to be former President finding ways to slow down the USPS for that, now it seems that has still lingered on, the slow down.

Talking to local post workers.. it is mainly due to Quarantine of workers because of Covid outbreak in winter.. the backups are happening more in states that have more shutdown restrictions.

Workers being out and the giant increase of shipping items during the holidays was the biggest problem.

Latest posts