• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fossa Skinny 2

huh - interesting. Hopefully it is sturdy for you but I would have liked to see them do something a little more impressive and also reinforce the other strap too. I guess whatever gets the job done though, hope it holds up for you!

The new stitching does go over to the other strap, so in that sense they are both reinforced. It's in a cart now, so it'll last a while longer.

Fossa repaired the torn left shoulder strap (right side in picture) by putting existing material deeper inside and re-stitching. They ran some stitching over to the good strap as well. While it doesn't look impressive, I'm sure it's more functional than the original.

attachment.php

I'm not a seamstress but I could have stitched that thing up nicer than that. Glad they took care of it promptly for you though.

If my Grip bag ever wears out I'll be curious to see how they handle it.

Ah got it, glad to hear that! Congrats on the cart! Sounds quite luxurious and nice!

Is there an easy way to tell which Skinny bag version you have? I got one in a raffle and I'm not sure what version it is. It's from the 2021 National Amateur Tour Championship, if that helps.

It looks awesome and might become my go-to bag. I'm currently using a Ridge Roller as my main bag, with a Rogue Irons sling bag as my "minimalist" bag when I can't use a cart. I had been considering getting a larger bag for when I have to carry one which would be lighter than the Ridge Roller but carry more discs/stuff than the Rogue Irons. Looks like the Fossa will fit that need.

I think the ~1 inch black strip of material that goes horizontally on the back just underneath the straps is new for 2.3 - you can compare my pic above with Seedlings repaired picture for a comparison.

I think the ~1 inch black strip of material that goes horizontally on the back just underneath the straps is new for 2.3 - you can compare my pic above with Seedlings repaired picture for a comparison.

Thanks! I checked the photos and my bag, definitely the 2.3. I was wondering which version I had since my bag is green and none of the options on Fossa's website were for a green bag. Maybe it was a special color for the tournament.

Yep, what DrBone said about the horizontal strip on the 2.3. Two versions ago (Skinny v Skinny 2) is super easy to distinguish because of the zippered lower disc compartment.

My son has been using his Skinny 2.3 for about four months now (probably used it for 30-40 rounds) and it's holding up great and he seems to love it. Small, light bag, can hold from 12 to 24 pretty easily, go with fewer and you've got a nice amount of storage space, cheaper than the other good alternatives, stands upright like a champ. It's a really good flexible design imo.

Go back a few pages and see pics of the wooden box I used to break up the storage area . . . that makes it fantastic. They should (next generation) add some velcro and disc compartment dividers imo (like what the compartments on the Rebel or Fade Tourney uses).

I'm still using my Shift and it's good too but if I had to choose between them I'd probably go with his Skinny 2.3. I'm glad he has it, I often prop my Shift up against his Skinny. lol

Yep, what DrBone said about the horizontal strip on the 2.3. Two versions ago (Skinny v Skinny 2) is super easy to distinguish because of the zippered lower disc compartment.

My son has been using his Skinny 2.3 for about four months now (probably used it for 30-40 rounds) and it's holding up great and he seems to love it. Small, light bag, can hold from 12 to 24 pretty easily, go with fewer and you've got a nice amount of storage space, cheaper than the other good alternatives, stands upright like a champ. It's a really good flexible design imo.

Go back a few pages and see pics of the wooden box I used to break up the storage area . . . that makes it fantastic. They should (next generation) add some velcro and disc compartment dividers imo (like what the compartments on the Rebel or Fade Tourney uses).

I'm still using my Shift and it's good too but if I had to choose between them I'd probably go with his Skinny 2.3. I'm glad he has it, I often prop my Shift up against his Skinny. lol

Thanks for the suggestion about the "spacer", but that would just add extra weight which is what I'm trying to get away from. I'm looking forward to the comfort this will give my 62 year old body/back.

Thanks for the suggestion about the "spacer", but that would just add extra weight which is what I'm trying to get away from. I'm looking forward to the comfort this will give my 62 year old body/back.

I understand that . . . having gone from a Rebel to a Shift myself for lighter comfort (change was totally worth it for me). That said the box spacer in his Skinny bag weighs a few ounces, it's just a thin lightweight wood box . . . you wouldn't even notice it.

Latest posts