• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fossa Skinny 2

Contacted Parker again yesterday and the bags are still in transport from LA to Fossa. Seems to be taking a scenic trip

Looks like they have arrived there according to the Fossa Instagram page. Says they are shipping out.

Happy to say my bag is scheduled to arrive Saturday. Looks like they're sending them out.

Yes!

Just looked and mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Sadly we have three days of rain coming up, but I can load it all up and play around with that until playing a round with it.

My bag arrived today.

Pretty sweet. The Navy heather is a nice look. Materials feel very strong. Loaded it up with discs and tried it on. Feels good. I'm going to try and play a round or two in the morning if the weather cooperates.

Got mine and loaded it up. Holds lots of discs and feels very sturdy.

My only complaint is that the discs in the main compartment at the bottom seem to move around a bit. Anyone find this noticable walking on a course?

Got mine and loaded it up. Holds lots of discs and feels very sturdy.

My only complaint is that the discs in the main compartment at the bottom seem to move around a bit. Anyone find this noticable walking on a course?

Yeah, if you are carrying less than fifteen to seventeen discs down there depending on type, there is going to be some movement.

In his review, Doth had a towel folded up there to use. That is where I put my towel yesterday, folded off to one side. Works great and keeps things quiet. You could also put something like a whalesac off to the side or something similar.

Overall I am very pleased with the bag. It is so easy to get discs in and out and it is very comfortable. It also feels very well made. Great bag for the money.

The one pocket on the side next to the water bottle holder could use two zippers as Doth pointed out. It is kind of hard to get open and closed with the single zipper and where the zipper ends up fully closed. That is a pretty minor complaint though. I think I'm going to put my rangefinder in that pocket and leave it partially open at the top. It won't fall out easily unless the bag is knocked completely over... and if that happens, I'll be picking all sorts of stuff up.

Minor annoyance I agree. My solution was a small towel rolled at the bottom of the bag in front of the discs. Works well.

Holy cow the USPS is slow. 10 days to go from Springfield, MO to Chicago, IL.

Still has to cross the border into Canada. I thought our postal system was bad.

It took a full six weeks to get to me on the West Coast of Canada. Definitely not because of anything that Fossa did, they had it out the door the day I placed the order. Most of that time was spent stuck in USPS purgatory in Chicago according to the parcel tracker.

But it was worth the wait! I've had it out for a few rounds and I am really liking it. Perfect balance of size, weight and function for my use. It is very comfortable to wear, but it is the ease of putting it on and taking it off that I have really noticed. The larger opening due to the lower strap attachment point make it much more comfortable to get my arms through. I don't have to do the backpack chicken wing anymore!

The build quality looks and feels very solid. All the critical seams and attachment points are beefy and look like they will last. The only thing that I'm unsure of is the mesh pocket thing on the side pocket. It's bound to get snagged on something and I just can't see any real utility for it as I like to keep my mini marker up top by my putters.

I have taken the bag divider from my old Innova comp bag that I had altered to fit in the main compartment of my Golf Mahal and it fit perfectly into the main compartment of the Fossa. I have the compartment divided into 2/3 for discs and 1/3 for towels, beer and other essentials. There is a ton of disc storage in this bag! I always loved my Mahal but found it was just too big and heavy for 90% of the rounds I play. The Fossa Skinny has an almost equal amount of disc storage in a clever layout that maximizes the space to weight ratio. I have no problem giving up some of the disc space in the main compartment to make room for additional accessory storage as I am comfortably carrying 15+ discs with this arrangement.

I have not used the rainfly yet but I do not have high hopes for it's functionality based on just setting it up in the house. As Doth Savek points out in his excellent review of this bag, the opening in the fly to access the discs is set about halfway down the bag. This makes the top disc storage inaccessible without pulling the fly almost entirely off or trying to crane your arm up through the opening. I suppose I could rearrange my discs so that the least used discs would be in the top storage and putters/most thrown in the lower when I have the fly on, but it seems like this could have been a non-issue if the opening for the fly was larger or just set closer to the top of the bag. I will try to figure out a way to alter the fly so that the top is more accessible and post what I come up with here. Once the fly is dialed in I think this bag will be excellent in the rain as the bottom is already waterproof and it is very stable. One of my biggest gripes with my Mahal is that the bottom soaks up water and it is tippy and will often fall over so the straps get soaked. Neither of those issues are present with the Skinny.

Overall, I am very pleased with this bag so far! Terrific value and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a smaller backpack style bag, regardless of price point!

Bag finally arrived and Fossa included a free disc in it (a Full Turn Drifter). Really nice customer service.

Already have it loaded and ready to go.....when it's not -40c here......

I'm a newb to cool bags, but the Fossa Skinny 2 is exactly what I hoped for. Pro tip: put the rain cover on the bottom of the main compartment under the discs.

attachment.php

(Yes I sure am posting in two different threads :thmbup:)

I'm a newb to cool bags, but the Fossa Skinny 2 is exactly what I hoped for. Pro tip: put the rain cover on the bottom of the main compartment under the discs.

attachment.php

(Yes I sure am posting in two different threads :thmbup:)

That is a good pro tip! I will do that when I get home.

I've got a Skinny 2.3 on the way and am very excited. I usually only carry 15 discs or so and want to use a portion of the main compartment for bigger storage. Anyone have any tips on using some sort of divider I could put in?

I've got a Skinny 2.3 on the way and am very excited. I usually only carry 15 discs or so and want to use a portion of the main compartment for bigger storage. Anyone have any tips on using some sort of divider I could put in?

Find a cardboard box the right size before the trash man takes all your Christmas boxes?

I was thinking that but am worried about it getting wet/moisture all in it. But it costs just about zero dollars to replace so maybe that is the best place to start!

I was thinking that but am worried about it getting wet/moisture all in it. But it costs just about zero dollars to replace so maybe that is the best place to start!

Or, go to a home improvement store lowes or Home Depot and look in the aisle with plastic containers and tubs. There are 87,000 of them.

Lol - I'm so excited for the bag I'm jumping ahead I think. Once I get it I'll be able to see the sizes and space and which of the 87,000 containers might work. I'll be sure to post what I come up with

Corrugated plastic board?

I used some on my Tana Pro - it had plenty of storage disc wise and getting discs out of the very sides were difficult. I made inserts to "act" like discs on both ends making the compartment smaller overall. I'm sure you could cut some out the same way I did (though i wanted my bookends thicker so I glued multiple layers together on both sides)

Son got his Skinny 2.3 about a month ago and he carries 14 . . . this is what we did as a simple first try at a solution . . . and it has worked well so I haven't changed it. Holds nine below, two in the side pocket and he puts three putters up above (could fit a few more easily). It's a lightweight wooden box so it gives a nice extra storage compartment down below while holding the discs vertical. He keeps a pair of gorilla gloves in there right now and it gives a nice space to store a rolled-up sweatshirt/jacket. Also note how great the retriever pole fits with the Fossa (red handle peeking out of the top). I am kind of jealous of his setup.

Two bag pics from our (muddy) round today:

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts