• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Found a forehand, now what?

sloppydisc

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I have taken a little time this week to start working on a forehand. I have tinkered with it before, but it just didn't take. So this week I decided I WILL have a forehand. I used to pitch dammit!

I threw a 170G Opto Striker today and a 172G Goldline Striker. Holy smokes I actually was able to throw something resembling a decent shot! I got the Striker out to about 250-275 several times. That sucker threw well. The heavier Goldline seemed to turn and burn into the ground easier. I only had a couple decent throws with it. Anyone throw these discs or have any insight? Is the Goldline just that much less stable?

Word on the street is that most all the Goldline versions of Lat64's discs are more understable than the Opto versions. Seems that you experienced this same phenomenon.....

Same result here. The opto is vastly different/ more stable. once my gl striker broke in it is useless for sidearm/fh. I lost my opto last week but got a new one yesterday.

the only issue I have is high speed turn. I am hooking way left before minor fade when thrown @ full power. dx has
been 275-325 tho.

Does the Striker have a tilted rim like the Halo does? I can't remember. I've been flicking my Halos and they're actually working out really well b/c that tilted rim really helps me get some clean releases. I like wide rims for FH too though b/c I have short fingers so I get better torque on them.

Striker rim is a little tilted, not too much though. Can't remember Halo. And the rim size is just a little bigger than a teebird. Threw my GL Striker around a little today but too early to make judgments. The GL plastic is almost too slick...dunno.

striker rim is kinda like a slightly thicker version of an eagle/teebird rim. For me, it's good for clean releases and it is more forgiving/less touchy than wide rim drivers.

Every once in a while I can get a big fh drive with a wide rim but only god knows where it'll land.

Last edited:
I like the reliability of flicking the crap out of my XXX. any wind situation or lack thereof, you can bet on the XXX.

what kinda distance can u get with the XXX? I have only thrown it overhead cuz it has such low glide.