• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Freak Incidents on the Course.

One time i hit a tree branch, and a buddy of mine happened to be under said branch and ended up knocking a squirrel off the branch, causing it to fall and landed on my friends shoulder, scratching him trying to grab on to him and then bolted off, and it was a decent 20-30 foot drop, couldn't stop laughing for like the next 3 holes lmao

After a friendly Facebook reminder post not to throw in on casual walkers. (I watched a group of 5 throw in on a busy hole. Almost hitting people on 4 of their throws.) Well next mini I almost eat a disc not once. Not twice,but three times. Just terrible throws. One we had even waited for the group to throw. We get up to our teebox and one of the other guys had decided to go back and throw another shot. I got enough warning to look up and watch the disc go by my face. Another two inches i think I would of been spitting out a groove. What is strange is playing almost 13 years I have never been close to being hit. And that day almost took it 3 times on the first 14 holes.

I had only been playing for about 2 months when I hit a cop car on hole 4 at Turner park in Grand Prairie, TX. I threw a roller over the hill and ran over because it looked like it was going to cut roll, then BAM cop car was in the way. The topper of it all was the cop rolled up with the lights on and stopped, laughed and said "You suck and you're OB." D'OH! :p

That's fantastic.

Have a scary incident from a few years ago at Cranbury Park in Norwalk/Wilton, CT:

My buddy tee'd off at the current hole 16 (although, I believe it was hole 15 back then), threw a nice flying drive near the tree on the right side of the hole. There is a small blind spot before the tree as the hole slopes downwards slightly. As the drive approaches the area of the tree (although it was clear it was not going to strike the tree), an old woman suddenly sits up and looks in horror as the disc hits her in the chest. We couldn't see her from the tee and since the course was packed you'd figure she would've realized where she was. But that's Cranbury. And that was a true one in a billion moment.

Poor woman was OK, but scared sh*tless and after we helped calm her down she left.

Last edited:
my favorite was a buddy that griplocked directly into a friend's leg who was standing 3 ft away... smashed his cigs to bits but no leg damage.

I put a drive next to a copperhead the last time I played Seth Burton in Fairmont, WV. The snake was literally ON TOP OF my disc when I went to pick it up. He took his sweet time moving along, but I gave him plenty of space. I have no urge to tangle with poisonous snakes!

I put a drive next to a copperhead the last time I played Seth Burton in Fairmont, WV. The snake was literally ON TOP OF my disc when I went to pick it up. He took his sweet time moving along, but I gave him plenty of space. I have no urge to tangle with poisonous snakes!
I saw one eating a squirrel between hole 16 and 17 a couple years ago. The other squirrels were not happy and throwing acorns at the snake.

Playing Veterans park (Lexington) a few years ago and drive on 15 ended up in some taller grass. Saw the disc and as I went to mark it I picked up the stick it was under to get the disc. Was talking and not paying 100% attention so didn't realized til I picked it up that the 3' long "stick" was alive and moving. I casually tossed the irritated snake over my shoulder not realizing that one of the guys with me was standing there. The gasp behind me was Barto as the flying snake came at his face just missing him. He couldn't play very well for a few holes!

Played a glow round at Interlocken one night. Basket 9 is planted next to a utility shed with phone switching equipment and stuff. My buddy planted a steep FH hyzer smack onto the roof of the structure. Like a burning sun, a spotlight flipped on, scanned the tee pad and blinded us as we walked up. A police officer on his beat had been running our plates in the parking lot. The disc bounced off the roof and landed near the unsuspecting officer. At least I think he was a cop. That spotlight never turned away as we explained ourselves and made haste to leave before he could get really mad.

While I was played TX State Championship last month, my birdie putt on hole 9 at TC Jester stuck in the side of the basket. It was a SS Wizard, so not like a floppy blowlfy. I was shocked. it was wedged in there solidly, like if I had thrown it harder maybe it wouldve gone through and rested in the basket, but nope.

After a friendly Facebook reminder post not to throw in on casual walkers. (I watched a group of 5 throw in on a busy hole. Almost hitting people on 4 of their throws.) Well next mini I almost eat a disc not once. Not twice,but three times. Just terrible throws. One we had even waited for the group to throw. We get up to our teebox and one of the other guys had decided to go back and throw another shot. I got enough warning to look up and watch the disc go by my face. Another two inches i think I would of been spitting out a groove. What is strange is playing almost 13 years I have never been close to being hit. And that day almost took it 3 times on the first 14 holes.
That's not a freak accident, that's an unhealthy concentrations of douche canoes in a single location.

While I was played TX State Championship last month, my birdie putt on hole 9 at TC Jester stuck in the side of the basket. It was a SS Wizard, so not like a floppy blowlfy. I was shocked. it was wedged in there solidly, like if I had thrown it harder maybe it wouldve gone through and rested in the basket, but nope.

That is called a "taco", i have friends who count them in recreational play ROFL. I have an R-Pro Aviar that tacos like no other.

At the Upstate Classic last year, I was in DFL so I was on a card with two age protected division guys and another guy from my division. Well, on hole one of the older gents has a putt looking right at the creek, so he pulls out his gumbputt putter (the stupidly flexible kind, it's some old disc that I can't remember) to take the putt so that if he misses it will just sit down and not roll OB. Anyways, he putts it, smacks the chains, and then the disc manages to slide RIGHT THROUGH the basket and flops on the ground. We all just stared at it astonished. He tapped the putt back in and we moved on to hole 2, but that's certainly the weirdest thing I've ever seen on a disc golf course.

Not really embarrassing (except for how bad my drive was), but I threw off top of the world hole 27 at DeLa, and my disc skipped off the top of a guy's disc that was driving on 1, while BOTH discs were in the air.

That is amazing. Out of all the things mentioned, this has to be the least probable event.

The oddest thing I can remember occurred at the last hole of a local 9-hole pitch and put course. The hole pictured plays about 200 feet, with an ob parking lot on the left and the basket to the right of some trees with an ob fence just being the basket. Just for fun, I played a low forehand skip shot off the parking lot with a firebird. I saw it start to fade just behind the trees and it looked like it was headed towards the basket, before it just vanished. Didn't hear a sound. Had no clue where it went. I walked up to the basket and looked over the fence, then past the basket, thinking I over shot. I even waded the creek below the basket. After 15 or twenty minutes I gave up and started walking back to the parking lot. As I stepped onto the pavement, I happened to turn around, to find this:

IMG_1141_zpskjz8rtq3.jpg

It was wedged in there pretty tight too.

Buddy throws a drive hits a telephone pole and his disc shanks a 45° right into the back of a dump truck goin bout 40mph.. See ya later..

Once saw a drive knock a gatorade bottle out of a guy's hand from 250' out. Dude wasn't paying attention to where he was walking, walked into the fairway and boom, there goes his hydration for the afternoon.

I was practicing drives on a portable basket in a field with my wife, there was a miscommunication between us, I ended up driving and she turned her back to practice turbo putting. From around 375 ft out, my drive knocked the putter out of her hand just before she was about to commence said turbo. Luckily, it was all disc on disc contact otherwise my wife would probably permanently have a disc lodged in her head looking like Mr. Larsen from Happy Gilmore.

That doesn't count as a field ace since the hole is fairly short. Just means you had a crappy drive, lol.

Sorry, didn't mean to contribute in derailing the thread.

Back to original programming. I once got a ricochet field ace off the silo on hole 17 at Chilli. That was pretty cool and noisy too.

Latest posts