• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
I finally found a use for my Groove. It is great for hard, low throws to take big dogleg left holes, like hole 8 at Coachman or 6b at Tocobaga. If you have a 290-340 dogleg left just toss it extremely hard, low, with hyzer and it is very predictable. I also love the monarch. That thing goes dead straight up to 350 for me.

monarch? blech. selling mine on ebay right now

I finally found a use for my Groove. It is great for hard, low throws to take big dogleg left holes, like hole 8 at Coachman or 6b at Tocobaga. If you have a 290-340 dogleg left just toss it extremely hard, low, with hyzer and it is very predictable. I also love the monarch. That thing goes dead straight up to 350 for me.
if this is how your Groove is flying do yourself a favor and toss it in the garbage, youd be much better off with a disc you can get up to speed

Anyone want a nice fly dye 166 groove with ink on the bottom? 10 shipped or trades.

Watch no takers that's why they suck!!

Got rid of one for 5 bucks today at course

Anyone want a nice fly dye 166 groove with ink on the bottom? 10 shipped or trades.

I would take it if I didn't already have a groove and I had $10. I am a poor college kid, at least that's what my friends say:p

I wouldn't buy it off you...not one to buy tie dyes, due to them being hard to find. I go for nice bright colors- Yellow, green, orange and red...though green can be tough to find in the thorn bushes we have around here.

Very un-Groovy

2nd most disapointing disc purchase I ever made. Use a Beast as my go ot driver, and bought a Groove based on the #'s, thinking it was a faster version of the Beast. Couldn't do anything but get it to hook and fade like a S.O.B. I could get more distance and straighter throw out of an Star X-Caliber that was "too much" disc for me, so I gave it to a friend.

Since we all throw differently, all we can hope for is for a resasonable expectation of how one disc performs relative to something else we've thrown with knkown results. Any disc that varies so much from run to run, color to color, etc. is useless as far as I'm concerned - you just don't know what the hell to expect when you get a Groove in your hands.

Wow, I thought I was alone on not being able to thow the Groove or that mine was just defective. It was just a big meathook with little glide. Traded mine in for pennies on the dollar and don't regret it a bit.

I have an Echo Star Groove that is quite interesting. It flies like an E*Boss that has been just slightly broken in. It has massive glide, even more so than the E*Bosses which have a lot. It was outdistancing my bosses by 25' or so. I've only thrown it in practice a few times. I need to get it out and use it more in practice to see if it will find a place in my bag. Unfortunately, I don't play too many courses here locally that I need all the power and distance this disc warrants (500'+).

I'll give a more complete report later.

The Groove is the bestest disc ever made it flies like a dream and hits all the aces every throw. :|

536117609_cdd2612d9b.jpg

Gotta feel The Groove, before The Groove starts workin' it for ya.

if this is how your Groove is flying do yourself a favor and toss it in the garbage, youd be much better off with a disc you can get up to speed

I have no trouble getting the groove up to speed. I can toss the groove 400+ I just have other discs that do that shot better. I was just pointing out the one throw that I have found it useful for. There are lots of other discs that the shot I described could be done with. What makes the groove right for it is unlike a teebird or other slower discs, on this shot I really need the big skip. Just making the point of here is one spot it has worked very well for me.

Sure, you can make the Groove work on these holes, but that doesn't mean its the best or even a good choice. 6b is a wide open hyzer around 300'. If there wasn't a strong headwind, I could get every disc in my bag to execute that line...Which means there are a lot of better discs. Hole 8 at Coachman...that's another hole where anything with a good skip will work. I'm sure Climo could kill us all with a Groove, but it still doesn't make it a good disc when you compare it to others.

BTW, do you play handicaps or dubs? I live in your area, but I don't recall having met.

Oh wow, that brings back memories...that was one of the first videos I ever saw on MTV.

Oh wow, that brings back memories...that was one of the first videos I ever saw on MTV.

I can remember 3 from the year or 2 my parents had cable.

Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
The Police - Wrapped Around Your Finger
Genesis (or was it Phil Collins?)- That's All

oh, and the Groove is OK, but I don't have anything else to push it out of the bag..........yet.

I have a 161 groove in the bag that is spectacular for long straight uphill shots. I can throw it quite hard and it still flies straight It is better than my other drivers for uphill shots because it is so light.

I use it on hole 10 at white oak park in dallas, ga which is an extreme uphill shot with a narrow fairway. That said it doesn't get used for very many other shots.

I also have bunches of first run grooves if anyone wants to trade and see what all the hype is about! :)

BTW, do you play handicaps or dubs? I live in your area, but I don't recall having met.

I hardly ever play any of those because of my schedule. There is a chance I can play Taylor doubles this Tuesday. I play every Friday with friends. Let me know if you want to get in a round some time. I would be glad to.