• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

From Russia with love :)

discgolf_rus

Hello, dear friends of the Disc-Golf Community of America!

We are glad to write to you from the heart of Russia, the city of Yekaterinburg. For those who do not know, Yekaterinburg is about here on the map. Yes, yes, the Urals, Siberia, Cap with earflaps, bears and nuclear warheads all around us. Well, almost… We don't see bears for a long time.

For 3 years, during our cold Ural summer, as well as snowy spring and autumn, we have been developing Disc-Golf, organizing tournaments and open lessons for children and adults with portable baskets. Please see our channel on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/discgolf_ekb/). Subscribe. We will be really happy!

In 2018 we will start a grander plan to attract and train newcomers in larger numbers. Now we plan to build a Disc-Golf park for 18 baskets with our own working hands.

Unfortunately it's difficult to do without any help. We give newcomers discs for games for free in every tournament. This year, because of the large number of people who have wanted to play, we have found that it is not always enough number of discs and we can't give discs to everyone. In 2018, we plan to attract about 60 people for each event, with requests from schools and children's clubs. We just don't have enough discs. Therefore, if it's possible, we kindly ask you to send us discs that you no longer use to this address: flat No. 108, building No. 16, Aviatsionnaya Street, city of Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovsk region, Russia. You will help us so much!

If there are problems with your mail, you can send any sum of money as a donation to the link:
Yandex Money (Visa or Mastercard) - https://money.yandex.ru/to/41001467941183,
Paypal (American Express) - paypal.me/KirillGolubev

Using the proceeds we will buy discs, and if we have more money, we will buy stationary baskets on them and build an open park.

If you have any questions, you can write to our Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/discgolf_ekb/) or on our page: https://vk.com/discgolf_ekb.

Surely we would like to invite you to visit our tournaments:
Eurasia Open - June 16-17, 2018
Russia Open - July 28-29, 2018
Super Сup of FDFS - September 15-16, 2018.
We will register these tournaments in the PDGA in the near future.

We will be very pleased to welcome you, we will feed you, take you to exotic attractions such as the Russian baths, we will arrange excursions, and ensure you enjoy a great time!

Best regards,
Sartakov, Ivan and Golubev, Kirill

Attachments

• 2018-02-05_17-29-00.jpg
    2018-02-05_17-29-00.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 77
Would it make sense for someone to collect discs donated from US players domestically, and arrange one big shipment, rather than everyone paying to ship a few disc internationally?

I have no clue how much it costs to ship to Russia, but I'm pretty sure it's a lot more than the prices I'm used to paying for shipping plastic.. maybe even close to being cost prohibitive. I imagine the cost per discussion goes down of the shipment is bigger. Gotta be cheaper by the kilo, than by the disc.

Perhaps if the donor also paid the collector $3 per disc or so, to cover the per disc cost of shipping a big box of them?

Just a thought...

Last edited:
Another person I thought about would be Jeremy Rusco with Dynamic Discs. He seems to be a savvy business person who could pull off a large shipment as aforementioned. With the GBO approaching and some 900 players coming to town a donation to our fellow Russian brothers seems like good PR for Dynamic Discs and maybe a foot in the door for future markets in Russia.

Disc golf would be a great cover for KGB agents. Of course, they would actually have to learn the game before pulling it off.

Good to see you guys growing the sport like that in a place where it really doesn't even exist yet. I'll definitely send some discs up to Pennsylvania for you guys. Keep up the good work.

Am I the only one who thought about Trailer Park Boys when he saw the title of this thread?

I think this whole thing is awesome though. I have a soft spot for Russia. I know a Russian historian here in Washington State, I'm intrigued by Russian history and literature, and I spent a few months in Kyrgyzstan when I was 21. Which isn't Russia, but is pretty darn close.

Hello, dear friends of the Disc-Golf Community of America!

We are glad to write to you from the heart of Russia, the city of Yekaterinburg. For those who do not know, Yekaterinburg is about here on the map. Yes, yes, the Urals, Siberia, Cap with earflaps, bears and nuclear warheads all around us. Well, almost… We don't see bears for a long time.

For 3 years, during our cold Ural summer, as well as snowy spring and autumn, we have been developing Disc-Golf, organizing tournaments and open lessons for children and adults with portable baskets. Please see our channel on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/discgolf_ekb/). Subscribe. We will be really happy!

In 2018 we will start a grander plan to attract and train newcomers in larger numbers. Now we plan to build a Disc-Golf park for 18 baskets with our own working hands.

Unfortunately it's difficult to do without any help. We give newcomers discs for games for free in every tournament. This year, because of the large number of people who have wanted to play, we have found that it is not always enough number of discs and we can't give discs to everyone. In 2018, we plan to attract about 60 people for each event, with requests from schools and children's clubs. We just don't have enough discs. Therefore, if it's possible, we kindly ask you to send us discs that you no longer use to this address: flat No. 108, building No. 16, Aviatsionnaya Street, city of Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovsk region, Russia. You will help us so much!

If there are problems with your mail, you can send any sum of money as a donation to the link:
Yandex Money (Visa or Mastercard) - https://money.yandex.ru/to/41001467941183,
Paypal (American Express) - paypal.me/KirillGolubev

Using the proceeds we will buy discs, and if we have more money, we will buy stationary baskets on them and build an open park.

If you have any questions, you can write to our Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/discgolf_ekb/) or on our page: https://vk.com/discgolf_ekb.

Surely we would like to invite you to visit our tournaments:
Eurasia Open - June 16-17, 2018
Russia Open - July 28-29, 2018
Super Сup of FDFS - September 15-16, 2018.
We will register these tournaments in the PDGA in the near future.

We will be very pleased to welcome you, we will feed you, take you to exotic attractions such as the Russian baths, we will arrange excursions, and ensure you enjoy a great time!

Best regards,
Sartakov, Ivan and Golubev, Kirill

Vlad, Vlad, is that you? Really? Someone from the most corrupt country in the world posts a blog asking for money and it gets blanket approval? These guys spend more time online fishing for money than the Chinese do. None of these events are registered yet? I don't know, perhaps I'm too cynical, or maybe there are not enough cynical people in the world.

On the other hand, I got a great ask from a Nigerian Prince yesterday. He's going to inherit a small (did I say small, I meant large) fortune and use it to build disc golf courses and he wants the PDGA to advance him money on the builds. He just can't wait for Grandpa to die... I'm running for the Board next cycle and I want your vote so I can get this done!

BTW - the fastest way to steal from someone is to get their credit card number in some online scam...

Vlad, Vlad, is that you? Really? Someone from the most corrupt country in the world posts a blog asking for money and it gets blanket approval? These guys spend more time online fishing for money than the Chinese do. None of these events are registered yet? I don't know, perhaps I'm too cynical, or maybe there are not enough cynical people in the world.

On the other hand, I got a great ask from a Nigerian Prince yesterday. He's going to inherit a small (did I say small, I meant large) fortune and use it to build disc golf courses and he wants the PDGA to advance him money on the builds. He just can't wait for Grandpa to die... I'm running for the Board next cycle and I want your vote so I can get this done!

BTW - the fastest way to steal from someone is to get their credit card number in some online scam...

And then there's the take I never thought of...

:\

And then there's the take I never thought of...

:\

You didn't think of it because most Americans are quite generous and thoughtful. As a culture, we don't work that way. We typically look for the best in others. That said, the rich jerks on top are making us all look bad and they are making us all hate each other.

Another thing to consider. These guys are talking about several events, and right now they got one portable basket. They have two huge resources, at least one mentioned above. Jussi, and the PDGA (matching baskets, grants, etc.) Yet here they are asking little ol' us for money. Heck, the first hook they used was them kiddies they're helping. We've been hosing public schools in this country for years and yet most of the schools in my city have a few baskets. They're cheaper than hoops and easy to get out for the kids to throw discs at. If they were really interested in helping the kiddy's they'd be supplying discs to their school. An ask for discs anywhere will get you 100 lbs of free, albiet slightly used, discs in less than a week. I'd send some myself.

Hi guys. There is too much theory here.
We have 9 portable baskets right now. It is enough for some tournaments, but we are going to build a permanent course.
We can't get a support from the government until discgolf become popular (it's about the number of registered players, russian discgolf association members at least).
So we make tournaments, do PR things in media, social networks etc. Sometimes 80+ newbies take a part in the events. And some of them become a permanent player. We need discs for newbies to give them for the first two games. It's a way to get people involved in our sport.
We have only one PDGA member right now, so it's quite expensive to register our tournaments in PDGA.