• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] Fundraising for a Granite Mountain DGC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate22

Eagle Member
707e94c0.jpg

JUST ADDED - I WILL DO A FACEBOOK SHOUT OUT FOR A BUCK DONATION - THROW US A DOLLAR AND I WILL THROW YOU A SHOUT OUT ON GRANITE MOUNTAINS FACEBOOK PAGE - OR YOUR CLUB, BEST MATE ETC

Hi everyone, a few of you know me, a lot don't, so I will introduce myself. My name is Nate, and I am building a disc golf course on my property over here in Applethorpe, Queensland, Australia. Above is a picture of me putting on one of my favorites, hole 6...the raised up/sunken basket.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=7513

We host our first Australian B tour event in October, and if all goes well...the Queensland State Championships in June/July next year.

In order to move down here from the big city, and to join my wife...I had to move from full time to a casual job (working my way up slowly!), which has allowed me a lot of time to get this course moving along, to where it will hopefully by this time next year, be a commercial tourist venture.

In the meantime, money is tight. I'm not chasing thousands of dollars for mowers, chainsaws etc, we have all those...and tee pads, signage will come later when the money starts coming in. We are seeking small donations in order to gas the machines we have, repair/maintain the ones that break down, buy the hand tools needed to have a few people working on projects at the same time and so on.

I'm a big believer in giving something in return, so here is what I propose to all of you (stolen from a disc golfer in Canada - yes I donated!). A US$5 donation, will get you 3 things...

1. A real deal, made of cardboard postcard, sent from the lovely Granite Belt to your doorstep, with a personal note of thanks, and a promise (see 3)
2. A shout out on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/granitemountaindiscgolf, can be personalized however you want...we are thankful for anyone that helps us out and will let everyone know it!
3. If you ever are down under, and can make it to the course, bring your postcard along, and I promise you a guided round with myself, as well as a beer/wine/whatever floats your boat on the deck afterwards as the sun goes down.

Just PM me and I will send you my paypal address, and you send me your street address. Im hoping this is allowed in the forum, I read the rules, and so long as you are selling a physical item (a postcard to support a DG course), it seems to be ok.

Last edited:
Thanks Holly, and another member just messaged me then, feeling the love of the disc golf world. Just got back from a burn off on hole 4, been going solid for 4 days now, just burning of big logs and brush piles etc....the fact that its 1am makes it crazy, lol.

Hole 3 is looking even better then ever after today, this before and after was only a few weeks back when I was so proud of it, but every day I spend on a hole makes it so much better, think 15 will be my target tomorrow.

11856476_420529448130460_2372721240161240562_o.jpg

Hey guys, thought Id try one last time to promote this, as we are about to cash out and buy our toilet for the course. You can either directly donate to the gofundme page - https://www.gofundme.com/reruwcz6 - or paypal me $5 at [email protected] in order to receive your 100% official made of cardboard post card in the mail, all the way from the Granite Belt in Queensland, Australia. Message me your address, or just attach it to your paypal payment.

Thanks again to all those that have donated, just need to pay for the toilet to be installed (and get it back here tomorrow) and the course will be ready for our first event!

Got my postcard Thursday in Kentucky, USA. Glad I could help with a good cause. Help these folks out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts