• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest distraction on the teepad

During a morning round at an event in Lubbock, TX I was getting ready to make my second throw at hole #1. Just as I got to my wind-up, the announcer for the college equestrian event nearby spoke into the microphone, "THE COMPUTER HAS SPOKEN! SO-AND-SO MOVES INTO FIRST PLACE WITH THAT EFFORT." The morning air was still so everyone on the course heard, and I burst out laughing. I was able to stop my throw and re-group, but that was funny and I've never forgotten it.

Last week during a league round after work, I met up with a few friends on the course. We were all laughing and having a terrible round so things just kept getting worse for everyone. So instead of taking it seriously we started playing jokes on one abother. So I step up on the tee box to hole 17 at Tyler State Park and was getting ready to throw. I get into my x-step and just as I'm about to throw the disc my buddy does his Predator impersonation and in a weird voice says "Over here, over here." For some reason my mind said look to where this voice is coming from and I totally forgot that I'm on the tee box throwing. I end up throwing my disc right into the tree in front of the tee box and the disc bounces into the far right rough not 15' off the tee. The entire card just explodes laughing. So the lesson of the story is don't listen to the voices.

I know this was not on the teepad but it was still a drive.

I was defending my bag tag the other day and during the last part of my fair way throw a leaf hit the right lens of my glasses. Needless to say I grounded the throw.

One of the courses in a city park here in MI (Starr-Jaycee), has a teeing area where your back is to a main road. Cars are usually driving by only about 15 feet behind the tee. Some drivers like to honk their horns when they see players standing on the tee pad getting ready to throw. Scares the **** out of you when you aren't ready for it, and if you're mid throw it's usually good for a shanked drive.

I'd be tempted to use their car for target practice, but that's just me ...:D

Can't say mine was a verbal distraction, but I was starting my run up on the tee, i glance down and out of the corner of my eye, i see this.. thing coming at me. of course I stop, next thing I know, there is a stray dog running into me.

The other day I was mid x step and I see a white blur coming at me. It was a seagull going to land on the pond. Took me awhile to recollect myself because it was funny and scary.

Best at the Nest last year in CHarlotte. Round 1 There is a gazeebo usually used for players meetings but we didnt this event. Had hard core death metal band at 10AM. Load "Rooooaaaaar roooooaaaarrrrrr! in your backswings on #3,4,5,6,7. Next round at 2pm'ish the same gazeebo was occupied by a super loud hiphop DJ. That made for sweet record scratching as you tried to pull back and throw...

So whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen right before you throw on the teepad? Something that made you laugh in your back swing.
I was at the Waller monthly last weekend and a lady was on the phone, and right during my back swing she said "I love eating abba zabbas!"

One time I was playing a round with my bro and I stepped up to throw and as I started to run up to throw he turned around , pulled his pants down and mooned me. Now of course I made a horrible throw because I was laughing so hard, I just took another shot because I didn't know the rules on moonings.

on hole 2 of mcnaughton park we holed out and are approaching the bridge to cross a creek, look up and there's a 20 something guy sitting on the handrail on his thighs take a sh*t right off the bridge....ruined my whole round that day!! terrible!! but funny nonetheless....:)

^^^Now for him, I'd of pulled out the beater H2O disc and tommyed him with it, and felt righteous.

^^^Now for him, I'd of pulled out the beater H2O disc and tommyed him with it, and felt righteous.

thought about it!!! haha! but the fact that weeks later he was arrested at the course...drove his neon onto the 18th fairway and got stuck....someone called the police, they came out and helped him...told him there will be a fine for driving on the grass and he got irrate and was arrested for disorderly conduct...we all sat in the bed of my truck like this...:popcorn:

A group of kids shattered the silence with some loud cheering. I expected to hear that someone got an ace, instead a voice called out "Eagle!"

My dad shanked his drive because of a horrible screeching sound. We let him re-tee and finished the hole. Turns out it was a Porsche losing it's left front tire around the right-hand turn by Hole 10 at Pueblo City Park. The screeching was the brake dragging the pavement. The spokes of the rim broke, leaving the lug nuts attached to the car and the outer rim and tire rolling away. It was straight out of a movie. The passenger gets out in her huge high heels and sits on the hood, while the driver, business suit and all, immediately jumps on his phone. We checked to see if they were ok, then continued with our round.

at vista del camino there are some very attractive joggers with enhanced breast areas. that can definitely be distracting.

I was playing alone at Peter Pan course and there is a same group of young gentlemen who like to "larp" or what I call d and d stick sword play. I was getting ready to throw a teebird and in my x step I hear "I slay thee" I put it in the creek. I love those guys. They stay out of the way and entertain me.

Thought about yelling "I slay thee" everytime I tee off on that hole now but I always forget and no one will get it anyway.