• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

weirdest!

This past saturday,5-02,we saw a racer snake with a frog in it's mouth,back legs and the butt in his mouth and the head and the front legs trying to crawl away.:eek:

I don't know if this counts, but it was interesting:

The course that I was at is in a very "Well to do" part of town. The disc golf course goes around some very nice soccer fields, and the course shares the same parking lot and restrooms.

The restrooms were being torn down to build newer ones. While they were being torn down, instead of bringing in Port-a-potties, they brought in 4 restrooms on trailers. These were the nicest port-a-cans I have ever seen, they had lights, AC, tile floors, sinks, and ever pictures on the walls. These things were nicer than my first apartment. It was something to see. Who knows what they paid in rent per day for those things to be out there.

The course that I was at is in a very "Well to do" part of town. The disc golf course goes around some very nice soccer fields, and the course shares the same parking lot and restrooms.

The restrooms were being torn down to build newer ones. While they were being torn down, instead of bringing in Port-a-potties, they brought in 4 restrooms on trailers. These were the nicest port-a-cans I have ever seen, they had lights, AC, tile floors, sinks, and ever pictures on the walls. These things were nicer than my first apartment. It was something to see. Who knows what they paid in rent per day for those things to be out there.

Did you deuce that hole?

well thats what happens when rich soccer moms are worried about swine flu.

well im sure it was some wierd disease last year. the common cold on steroids maybe:confused:

I think those yuppies just told the parks dept that they refused to pee and poop in a port-a-can. Those things were nice. I have never seen anything like them before or since.

Was playing a few weeks ago at Bicentennial Park in Crowley, TX. We kept hearing a popping sound but couldn't figure out what it was. On one of the middle holes you drive from a high point over some trees down a sharp slope. Typically you cannot see where your disc lands unless you happen to hit the path.

So I threw my Wraith and it went a little farther right than I wanted. After everyone drove I went to find my disc. As I was going down the steep hill a man comes up holding my disc. At his side was a boy with a BB gun. I thanked him for retrieving my disc, explained that its played where it lies, and asked where he picked it up from. He points in a direction. So I end up just taking a guess and playing from that point.

The rest of the round we kept seeing them tacking targets to trees and the boy firing his gun and it was a pretty crowded day at the course. I understand we have to share our parks with others but it was somewhat unnerving when you hear the BB gun close-by but don't see where they are at or which direction they are shooting.

I would have told them about disc golf, and how fun it is. Of course sometimes this doesn't work.

I was at a small course one, and some young guys had placed a Archer target onto the #3 basket. I asked them to remove it, and tried to explane disc golf to them, but they just looked at me with a blank stare, and walked off. I don't think they got it.

This past saturday,5-02,we saw a racer snake with a frog in it's mouth,back legs and the butt in his mouth and the head and the front legs trying to crawl away.:eek:
That reminds me of something. I saw what I thought was a tarantula attacking a yellow jacket. It was actually a yellow jacket pulling a tarantula somewhere.

Eric, I must know if you explained the game of Disc Golf to them. Did they understand what the basket was for?
No time. I was playing pretty quickly to try and make a dinner appointment afterwards. Not all that happy with my round that day because of the rush either.

How often do you play at paschall?
That was the first and only time so far.

Squirrel sex. Talk about rapid fire!
A snake way up in a tree wrapped around a squirrel... came crashing down. We all freaked.
A hawk perched on a basket. Man I wish I would have had a camera.
A hawk take a squirrel out of a tree top RIGHT above our heads!

I did not see it but some locals witnessed two hawks come crashing down to the ground in a spiral.
(mating ritual)

Freakin Marlin Perkins round here I tell ya! but then we live near the swamp and marsh, so yea.
As you can see critters have a hard life in the Banana Republic.

How about this one. I get to the course right around first light and am sitting in my truck with a cup of coffee. I notice some clothing folded neatly and setting on a bench. We start playing and get to a secluded, wooded part of the course and here's this guy (mid 20s I guess) in a sheet. He's running around flapping this sheet and going OOOOOHHH like he trying to act like a ghost. He didn't pay us any mind or get in the way, just kept acting ghostly. I kept thinking that someone was making a low budget film or something but we never saw any sign of it. When we got back to the bench the clothes were gone. To each his own I guess.

The second round of golf I ever played was at Pease Park in Austin. It beat me up. I still have scars. lol.

Anyway, the Society for Creative Anachranism ? was holding an.... event? where they were all dressed up like King Arthur, or thereabouts, and they were beating each other fairly seriously with wooden swords.

One guy, dresses up like a... frankly, not sure what he was dressed up as... but he evidently was a magician in the role playing excersize because he would bean people with powder filled soft bags that would freeze the participant for about 30 seconds (or whatever)

0.o

Austin. When the going gets weird folks just go onward thru the fog.

I also worked for the Clarksville Jazz Festival that is held in Pease Park.
Eeyores Birthday party is held there as well. Now if you want to talk about
weird sightings, attend THAT event.

Last edited:
last year me and some friends were at bayvill park in VA. We were playing the back 13 when my buddy saw a squirrel sitting on the fence post. He took his wraith launched it and knocked the squirrel out. it was hilarious especially when the squirrel got up and staggered away.

Funniest freaking thing I ever saw at a course (so far) was at a tournament at Joe Davis State Park in Lewiston, NY probably 1987. In between rounds on Saturday sitting around, a guy tossed a cigerette butt down on the grass that was still lit. A seagull walked by, picked it up by the butt and walked away with it still lit! He must have been really jonesing!! We all laughed our asses off!!!!!!!!

How about this one. I get to the course right around first light and am sitting in my truck with a cup of coffee. I notice some clothing folded neatly and setting on a bench. We start playing and get to a secluded, wooded part of the course and here's this guy (mid 20s I guess) in a sheet. He's running around flapping this sheet and going OOOOOHHH like he trying to act like a ghost. He didn't pay us any mind or get in the way, just kept acting ghostly. I kept thinking that someone was making a low budget film or something but we never saw any sign of it. When we got back to the bench the clothes were gone. To each his own I guess.

I've seen that and it's actually quite common on disc golf courses. It's called the OTMDBS (One Too Many Double Bogeys Syndrom).

Latest posts