• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

this isnt super crazy but i play at a super hilly/rocky course in MA. saw a guy barefoot the other day. i really couldnt believe it,,,sharp rocks,,,,craziest hills for a disc golf course and hes barefoot. I asked him wheres his shoes and he said, "i dont like shoes". i just thought wow,,,only in disc golf.

this isnt super crazy but i play at a super hilly/rocky course in MA. saw a guy barefoot the other day. i really couldnt believe it,,,sharp rocks,,,,craziest hills for a disc golf course and hes barefoot. I asked him wheres his shoes and he said, "i dont like shoes". i just thought wow,,,only in disc golf.

I'd ask the guy if he liked hookworms. :rolleyes:

1) I was at Zebulon, NC and around hole 7 or 8 I think a caught a couple off guard. So, they moved further into the woods (which they obviously didn't know I had yet to play). So when I got as far out as the course goes (holes 9 & 10), I found them again on the 10 teebox laying on the bench. Regrettably, I just moved on to 11 via an alternative route.

lol I have passed a random condom or two hanging next to hole 10's teebox.

there was a civil war reenactment going on at the attraction in k falls, OR over the summer. they had taken over a couple holes, which is no big deal it is a public park so i just played the other 7 holes. but as i walked by some of the actors i over heard them talking about one of the baskets there. they were complaining about the metal baskets ruining the authenticity of there reenactment. only thing is the area of the course they were set up on was not accessible before the guys who built the course cut out the fairway to hole 6 there. i never said anything but i thought it was interesting how people don't notice those things. by the way those guys responsible for the attraction course just had their first tourney on oct 3. it seemed to go well. they also have plans to extend up the hills outside of moore park. their plans have 96 holes for the place! don't know if it will happen but that's what i was told.

I have seen a few people play barefoot, and I just don't get it.

I had a little 9 hole church course near me where I used to live, and it was a lot of fun to go play it barefoot. It was all nice grass, not like the poster above on a rocky hilly course, but it's just nice to not wear shoes sometimes.

I was playing today at Taylor Lake Village, a new course in the Houston area with some several people including Springdglover Its the first time we have all played this course, and the first hole is a little tricky as you will see from the picture. Springdglover tees off with his drive, and hit goes off to the right, very high, and nails the transformer on the power pole. We all got a good laugh out of it and were all shocked that we didn't see any sparks come flying off of it. It was very wild to see him nail that thing dead center.

hole_1transformer.jpg

I was playing at Taylor Lake Village with Springdglover and a few others . We noticed some people throwing on the basket we are about to tee off to. We then noticed they are useing what looks like Frisbees to throw. As they came up the jogging path, I noticed that it was a mother and son. The son was carrying a regular Frisbee. I am not sure what kind of disc the mom was carrying, but this thing had to be 13-14 inches in diameter. It looked almost like she was throwing a hub cap this thing was so big. It was the biggest disc I had ever seen.

It looked almost like she was throwing a hub cap this thing was so big. It was the biggest disc I had ever seen.

HA.

Well, my friends and I ran into a "friendly" squirrel which ended up to be absolutely insane, following us around the course and making its home in my bag for a hole or two.

McCulloch Park in Muncie has earned a reputation as a place for gays to meet up. You'll have strange middle-aged guys just hanging out there in their cars. One day my brother and I were out the playing a round and this shirtless guy kept getting out of his car every so often to pretend he was wiping his car down with his shirt and then just get back in and sit and wait to see if anyone was taking the bait. A little unsettling.

I would say the weirdest thing I have seen is the tree growing through the piano at the Oaks Course of CSU Monterey Bay. Pretty trippy to come up the hill and see this in the middle of a dense cluster of oak trees covered with moss. Definitely stood out in my recent Nor Cal road trip!

Attachments

• IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 201
I would say the weirdest thing I have seen is the tree growing through the piano at the Oaks Course of CSU Monterey Bay. Pretty trippy to come up the hill and see this in the middle of a dense cluster of oak trees covered with moss. Definitely stood out in my recent Nor Cal road trip!

OK, I think that one just made the top ten list of the strangest things seen on a course.

It's not really all that funny or weird, but definitely unusual. And cool. We saw two, not one but two, bald eagles near hole 18 at Rankin Lake today. It's definitely the first time I've ever seen one in the wild. It was cool. They are big birds. Probably the coolest thing I've ever seen on a disc golf course. No definitely.

i dont have a picture of it...but at bryan park in VA there was a big rock in the middle of the lake they have and i had a bench just sitting on it. had to do a double take when i first saw it...

theres a floating arm chair in the water at riverside park, well there was about 3 weeks ago, i assume its still there

On hole #4 at River Grove Park , there use to be a computer monitor about 10ft up in a tree by the basket. After hurricane Ike, the monitor disappeared.

Also around that same hole, a tire and rim from a Toyota just appeared one day. It was there for about a month, and then one day it was gone. The thing that makes that weird, is this course is very wooded, and hole # 4 is quite a good walk into the woods from the parking lot. At least 300-400 yards.

and they seem really small for human bones, as in too short. At least in comparison to the leaves. And they are too thick to be children's bones. It would have to be a midget or something, but even then they seem too thick as Midnight was saying. find a hand or a skull and you by on to something. ;)

You found the ancient secret midget burial ground...wow what a discovery. Call national geographic.

file this under weird.

This weekend I had a putt cut through on a Mach III. It caught vertically on the outside nubs on the back side of the basket. It had actually wedged itself on pretty good.

Latest posts