• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Playing along with a local league in Omaha, we are walking up to hole 1 tee to flip for groups and this is hanging out near the basket.

423338_395867910428733_100000165817111_1731355_783134836_n.jpg

Here's a pic of my friend's pet deer that plays with us on his private course. Elliot is nice but can't caddy to save his hide.

420526395.jpg

A few weeks ago, as I approached the second tee pad at Golden Gate Park, I discovered a crew of folks having a picnic right on the ****ing Teepad. They must have had no clue, they even had a blanket laid out on the concrete... There must have been 15 of them just eating sandwiches and drinking beer. I said "hey" and then took my drive from 5 feet in front of the Teepad. Someone must have told them to gtfo because when I came back around on my second round they had moved down to a park bench.

The other day at Tommy Shumpert in Knoxville, Tn, I threw my drive of the teepad, then turned to walk back to my bag, and stepped in a post hole that was dug for the sign next to the tee. No big deal though, it was only like 4 feet deep and 100% full of mud and water. SO that was pretty funny, but playing the last 9 holes with a soggy foot was a different story.

I was approaching #2 Tee Pad at Armco Park White when a woman and her young child stopped me and asked me what I was doing. After I told her and explained a little about the game of disc golf she said, "oh, I thought that the baskets were deer feeders". I found this hilarious.

At jefferson barracks first part of the year, I threw into a wooded ditch on the back 9, i thought i saw something white chase my disc, my other friends threw, and a few minutes later when i went to get my disc, there was a skunk almost guarding it and digging up dirt on top of it. Maybe trying to save it for later for something?
I didnt wanna get to close cause his/her tail was already up and primed since he heard my stopping through the woods after a shot of jim beam. After seeing the jackass show where they went to the skunk ladies house, i knew that those awesome animals of nature have two glands that they can aim right at the predators face, so i kept my distance until he waddled into his hole a minute or so later, and even turned and looked at me before entering as if to say "yea you remember that" and I retrieved and threw my disc with a quickness before i got sprayed. FYI - tomato juice doesnt work.

no picture but the other day at hole 4 Seven Oaks in Nashville there was a guy creeping around slowly with what I assumed to be a BB gun. Around hole 8 we heard about 5 shots...skeet shooting discs maybe? lol

Creekers

A few mths. ago a buddy and I were playing Atkinson Park in Henderson,Ky.The #3 fairway runs along side of a creek.My buddy walks up to the pad and turns to me wide eyed and says "theres some sh#* going on across the creek".A young couple were going at it cowgirl style,the guy looks up and see's us and I wave and say don't mind us,carry on.He waves back and they carry on,we thought about changing our clubs name to the "Creek Bank Bangers"

My hometown course is in a park with 2 playgrounds, some bbq areas, and some tennis courts. Only one playground comes into play, but a couple bbq pits are right in line with a few holes. Hole 14 runs right along the road to enter the park, and a bbq pit is just off the left of the fairway. Of course there are D-Bags that park in the grass for the fairway instead of the parking lot 30 feet away. Sometimes people who don't know what disc golf is.
Ok enough back story. Playing hole 14 one day, a large white van parked right on 14s fairway with an equally large family BBQ'ing it up at the pit. This not being the first time I've played with people there, I walk up to their group and let them know that they parked right in the middle of a disc golf course, not to worry though that their Van should be in the all clear, and that they should just keep their heads up while we are throwing. Judging by their appearances, 8 or 9 people with 8 or 9 teeth between them and their rather heavyset appearances, I knew i was dealing with the "white trash" kind of folk. I still felt obligated to tell them what we were doing, and before I could finish what I was saying, the younger adult looked at me and said "we parked here the other day and those guys just threw around us." Next, what appeared to be his momma chimed in, and Ill never forget, she said "Don't you guys hit my van, and if you do I hope you have insurance!" Luckily before I had to tell her that insurance is for automobile accidents with other cars, not for parking on a disc golf course, the "wise old man" of the group chimed in and said that "those little plastic flying things won't hurt that van, dont worry about it boy, play your game!" I'm just glad that even with "those type of people" some of them still have the brain capacity to be reasonable and understanding.

I have a local crazy guy/horder at my home course that rides a bike everywhere and collects junk. He goes to the park every day to hang out in the shade and juggle. He is really old, probably in his 60's. One day he came up behind me as I was warming up on hole one and said "Can I provide the sound effects?". I said "Huh?". He yelled as if I were hard of hearing "CAN I PROVIDE THE SOUND EFFECTS WHILE YOU THROW?". I yelled back "WHY NOT?".

I proceeded to empty my bag. While my discs were in the air he would whistle like a bomb was dropping and just as a disc would hit the ground he would yell "BOOM" then he would just laugh like crazy. When I was done he sang me a song he had written that was about cheating women and farting.

I have a local crazy guy/horder at my home course that rides a bike everywhere and collects junk. He goes to the park every day to hang out in the shade and juggle. He is really old, probably in his 60's. One day he came up behind me as I was warming up on hole one and said "Can I provide the sound effects?". I said "Huh?". He yelled as if I were hard of hearing "CAN I PROVIDE THE SOUND EFFECTS WHILE YOU THROW?". I yelled back "WHY NOT?".

I proceeded to empty my bag. While my discs were in the air he would whistle like a bomb was dropping and just as a disc would hit the ground he would yell "BOOM" then he would just laugh like crazy. When I was done he sang me a song he had written that was about cheating women and farting.

:hfive: one of my favorite so far.

I bet you wish you had more discs to throw lol

That is an INSTANT CLASSIC! Definately turned my frown around :thmbup:

Latest posts