• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Cinco de Mayo

This past Saturday at Tatum Trails DGC I came across something that made me think of this thread. As a I approached the first basket I could hear singing. I thought there was a player near me with a radio in his bag. I teed off on 2 and walked up to the turn, that's when I noticed the group of Hispanics standing between the fairway of hole 4 and the walking path. They had thier Bibles out and were singing hymns. I wish I spoke more Spanish.

At my local course I had just finished up hole 4 and was walking to hole 5 which has a large field next to it that isn't used for disc golf. I saw a bunch of people running around in capes and I was really confused. Then I saw that they were carrying broomsticks in between their legs and were throwing balls around. They were playing Quidditch from Harry Potter! It was the first time that I realized people actually played that in real life.

young guy trying to be romantic brings his girl to the park for a picnic...full on picnic basket,table cloth the works..not realizing they were right in the blind spot of hole 9 and nearly got himself and girl brained by a drive.

This is kinda weird and not too funny. A movie crew set up these tents right on 2 fairways at Robert Burnaby Park. They're going to be there for 3 weeks while they shoot in a different part of the park. :gross:

20120507144503.jpg

20120507144509.jpg

This is kinda weird and not too funny. A movie crew set up these tents right on 2 fairways at Robert Burnaby Park. They're going to be there for 3 weeks while they shoot in a different part of the park. :gross:

20120507144503.jpg

20120507144509.jpg

I don't find it especially funny. I really like hole 6. someone should tell them that we have a permit to use the course for club night tuesdays and thursdays and could they please move along.

Today I somehow managed to land a disc on top of a bathroom facility, pictured here (to the right): http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_pics/4276/35b7d8b6_m.jpg

It was early this morning so no one was really around except a cop or something who was doing measurements on the road (that's what it looked like).

ANYWAYS, I'm pretty tall but there was no way to climb it. I go into the woods and find the biggest branch I can, but have no success using it to retrieve the disc. SOOO, conveniently the parking lot is only about 100 feet away, so I decide to drive it through the grass and park it next the bathroom. Finally I get my disc and as I hop off my car I see the police guy walking up to me.

We have a funny conversation about how he had no clue in hell why I was driving in the grass. Nice guy.

A few months ago, one of the guys who designed and built RL Smith Park DGC came across an injured hawk out on the course. He contacted The Carolina Raptor Center and they came out to get the little guy, nursed him back to health and he was released today. Here is a video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp6qmszY09Y&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

I was playing a course in Temple, Tx last year. The hole was about 350 to the opening where you had to go up a hill and 90 degrees to the right so it was blind from the pad. There was a spotted for us up there keeping the flow. Anyways we all threw up the hill, climbed up there to see where the basket was and there he was. A big beautiful hawk just hanging out on top of the basket. So cool.

I was playing a course in Temple, Tx last year. The hole was about 350 to the opening where you had to go up a hill and 90 degrees to the right so it was blind from the pad. There was a spotted for us up there keeping the flow. Anyways we all threw up the hill, climbed up there to see where the basket was and there he was. A big beautiful hawk just hanging out on top of the basket. So cool.

totem teebird?!?!?!?!

I had the funniest thing I have ever seen on a disc golf course happen to me today. I was playing safari on a nine-hole course in the area, and we were throwing right by a basket on our way to another one much further down. Jokingly, I said, "Hole 7's basket is a mando on this hole." Lo and behold, the other two people teed off, to pretty good lies. Now came my turn... I shanked my drive into the hill right in front of me. It skipped off of the hill and floated right into the basket on Hole 7 for the black ace and completion of "the mando." We all completely broke down laughing, and I don't think I could ever repeat no matter how hard I tried.

The group I was with the other day let two guys play through. After asking people if they want to play through I usually something to the effect of "Just don't touch our discs. I'm kidding, but seriously." just as a way to goof around with people on the course. But this time I said "don't touch our discs or show us up." We all kinda chuckled and they saw were our drives were and one guy says "Oh I don't know about that." His buddy throw a big hook (new player) and then the other fella steps up and bombs a 400' ace. We all freaked out and our hole exploded. We were all laughing so hard and the entire time he's going "I never do that! I swear I never do that!" We ended up playing the rest of the round with them and had a blast. I don't tell people not to show us up anymore...

I was at the Great Eastern Amateur Cup about two weeks ago at Tyler State Park and we got to hole 14 and everyone threw their drives on the hole. As we are walking to the discs we look over and see this young girl who had to be around 15 to 17 being photographed by this older gentlemen that had to be in his 50's. They had the lighting equipment up and shining towards a tree that the young girl was leaning against in a suggestive pose. We just stop and watch for about 2 minutes as this old man just starts groping this young girl. He's manipulating her shirt, opening it up, pushing her breasts upward, pulling her shorts up exposing more of her leg. We are all just shocked that this is taking place in the open with all to see. She was wearing a white shirt (see through) with no bra, white see through shorts with no underwear....use your imagination as to what we are staring at here....Then the shocker, he kisses the girl like she's his wife. We all just cringed and just walked away. That was the topic for most of the end of round 1.

I honestly would wreck the **** of anyone I saw doing something like that. I would make sure cops are involved. Sick and a half.

we didn't really know what to do when we saw it. We really didn't know the age of the girl but IMHO she couldn't have been over 18...it was just creepy and we didn't know if we should call the cops or not...and the weirdest thing was that this was going on around families eating lunches at the picnic tables only about 40 to 45 feet away....I mean there were a lot of people in that area that were just either totally oblivious or just didn't want to even acknowledge what was going on only 40 feet away. The funny thing about it was we didn't even notice it until someone was talking about getting relief from the watter bank and all of a sudden one of the guys on the card who was normally just talking non-stop about the rules was completely silent and we all just kind of looked at him and then followed his gaze. Let's just say the 30 second rule was extended a tad when we all noticed what he was looking at and all our jaws dropped to the ground. We were completely silent for about 2 to 3 minutes before anyone said anything. I'm not sure if the guy was a real photographer or one of those old men who pretends to be a photographer just to lure young girls and women into his clutches.

Last edited:
So I played a quick round today. When I rolled up, a father and son were warming up on 18 (no practice basket on home course). I was in a rush, so I headed right for the tee. When the dad saw me heading, he quickly picked up all the discs and ran to the tee to get head of me. I was hoping to tee off before they got there (the son was driving with an ultimate disc, so I was resigning myself to playing slowly behind them). I was hoping they would let me go. The dad says "you're walking fast". "yeah, quick round today," says me. "us too". Couldn't tell if he was making a passive aggressive comment about me trying to get in front of them or if he was just weird. With that he starts his stopwatch, they tee off and sprint down fairway to chase their discs in the rough. They were gone, holing out 5 when I was holing out 3. I still had to play quick, but didn't think I'd see them again. I didnt do any jogging between holes, just kept a brisk pace and didn't take a lot of alternate lines/let's see what this disc does. I caught them on 13. Guess sprinting between holes isn't conducive to consistent, accurate shots. Had to search for my disc because of a funny roll, but caught up again at 18. Shot a drop 1. Kept pace with the sprinters. Good day. Hope I don't see them agin.....

Latest posts