• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ganked Disc

i think i put this story in the lost disc thread but it fits here.

so i put my second shot a little bit off the fairway. it wasnt thick brush but the disc was orange and there were leaves on the ground. im sliding around in the leaves for a while (5min)until i have to range out and try areas further from where i landed. i spot a disc on the fairway which im sure isnt mine but i might as well check. its not, i cant see the tee from where im standing so i leave it and go back to my search. after another 5 minutes i assume that no one just threw that so i go back and pick it up.

after about another 5 minutes someone comes down. i ask if he just threw yellow, he says he did. i apologize for picking it up and give it to him, telling him exactly where it had been. he says he threw two, and joins me in searching. maybe 5 mins later hes gone. i assume he found his disc and left but it was strange that he didnt finish the hole.

a bit later i found the disc he had been looking for. i call the number. the owner lost the disc months ago. another 30 mins does not reveal my disc. and i realize why he left so quickly. to that guy, one found disc was as good as another

Yesterday at Woodmere here in Evansville, was working with my son throwing his new disc and I was just working on some throws, we leave the course and go to the store. About 10 minutes later I get a text. "I found your Roc3 at Woodmere, I'm leaving it in the sign in box." I text back thanks, we get our shopping done and I drive back to the course..Disc is gone this was like 25 minutes after I got the text.

I've had a few taken that I accidentally left on a hole and went right back and it's already gone. When I come across discs in the fairway or anywhere obvious I leave them figuring it must have been recently played and the player will be coming back for it. When I come across one deep in the bushes I'll grab it and call them if there's a number.

*Yes but we got it back*

I had one taken like that. We were finishing up a round close to dusk, and played a safari hole across the park. We get up to the basket and can't find my cousins disc. There is this teenager close by, kind of wandering around, and we ask him if he had see it. He says no, then pretends to help us look for a couple seconds, and then boom, takes off on his bike. Hmm we think, I bet that little **** took it.

We run to the cars, and head in the direction he went. On of my cousins sees him head into a Walgreenns. They go in after him, don't see him anywhere, but his his bike and disc golf bag are right by the door.

We look in the bag, and sure as **** there it is. My cousin took back our disc, and one of his for being a little ****. We figured that was good enough and just left without seeing him.

WELP!
I feel better having sullied the internet with more hate.

This ever happen to anyone else?

Lolz, yep! :)

It happens...as much as it sucks just realize how lucky we all are to spend time throwing frisbees into the woods in the first place. :)

Was witness to this happening today at my local home course. Kid picked up someones disc, bagged it, took off and I believe hid it somewhere, when the person he stole it from confronted him, it was not in his bag but several others saw him do it. My wife was caddying for me today as I had 18 discs bagged trying out some drivers that I found in the local creek which had no name or number, needless to say I skipped ahead and did not take chances on my stuff getting ganked. Did trade a Star Orc that I found for a Star Valkyrie I had been wanting though.

Latest posts