• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gannon Buhr #75412

But that's the thing though, he's played well but is he moving plastic?

And being as young as he is, will he have a difficult time negotiating a high dollar contract? Meaning that to somebody that young 100k a year is a ton of money, so will they settle there as opposed to pushing for like 250k a year?

And being as young as he is, will he have a difficult time negotiating a high dollar contract? Meaning that to somebody that young 100k a year is a ton of money, so will they settle there as opposed to pushing for like 250k a year?

His Mom is his manager I think so it's on her to watch out for him in that regard.

I want to believe she's doing her job.

I don't think a lot of guys are going to move plastic before they start winning stuff, barring some outlier event that boosts the ol' Q Score. Along with that - what he's offered vs what he accepts in a future deal is going to be tied to the disconnect/confluence of what a company thinks he WILL do as a mover of plastic and what his representative (Mom or otherwise) thinks.

I don't think a lot of guys are going to move plastic before they start winning stuff, barring some outlier event that boosts the ol' Q Score. Along with that - what he's offered vs what he accepts in a future deal is going to be tied to the disconnect/confluence of what a company thinks he WILL do as a mover of plastic and what his representative (Mom or otherwise) thinks.

I don't think sponsorship is just about how much plastic they can sell. Another thing that adds to the money is the number of 'eyeballs' on him. By that I mean, how often will he be on lead card/coverage? When you are sponsored, you wear clothing with your sponsor's name...and the sponsor wants that seen on whatever media is possible; along with spectators seeing it. So, if a player is frequently on lead card...not only are they seen on media (YouTube, etc); the majority of spectators follow the lead card...so those players have lots of 'eyeballs' on them and their sponsor information.

I don't think sponsorship is just about how much plastic they can sell. Another thing that adds to the money is the number of 'eyeballs' on him. By that I mean, how often will he be on lead card/coverage? When you are sponsored, you wear clothing with your sponsor's name...and the sponsor wants that seen on whatever media is possible; along with spectators seeing it. So, if a player is frequently on lead card...not only are they seen on media (YouTube, etc); the majority of spectators follow the lead card...so those players have lots of 'eyeballs' on them and their sponsor information.

Which is ultimately about the sponsor moving plastic. Sure he may not be selling plastic with his name on it, but it like would result in the sponsor moving more plastic in general if he is seen as successful with that plastic. Its a technical difference but one I feel is worth noting.

Foxdawg covered it. That's all about moving plastic

What about a line of discs appealing to younger players? I am not in touch with that market segment but I gotta believe a LOT of players are now starting quite young. Mommy, mommy--that's the disc Gannon throws! I want that one...

just thinking out loud here...

What about a line of discs appealing to younger players? I am not in touch with that market segment but I gotta believe a LOT of players are now starting quite young. Mommy, mommy--that's the disc Gannon throws! I want that one...

just thinking out loud here...

Innova has that covered with light weight dx plastic with animal names in big box stores. For way cheaper cost than anybody else…

Your alternative is a 6 foot tall plus kid slangin numbers and letters 500+ that legit grown ups can't figure out what is what.

At least Slick Rick is smart with his foundation and is giving plastic directly to schools. Personally I think PMcB's serves a better purpose, but think Rick's is probably the more immediate money maker for his sponsor.

Back to Gannon, what if his parents make him go to school full time and your over the summer…similar to AB? He's also an interesting case because he's basically gonna be the experimental high dollar contract to see if the Covid dg bubble has busted or not.

I don't think the Covid new players will drop off necessarily…just that manufacturers will not need to pay out that kind of cash to top pros because everybody is still making money after the pandemic. Or probably more accurately, guaranteed cash will go down and contracts will be heavily loaded towards sales numbers.

Im gonna add that...Eagle woulda already if he was gonna, It aint Simon, Mirandy is a local. Buhr is competing to win weekly on tour right now at barely 17...there really hasn't been anyone since PMB to be this good, consistently, this young. He's the real deal imo.

Im gonna add that...Eagle woulda already if he was gonna, It aint Simon, Mirandy is a local. Buhr is competing to win weekly on tour right now at barely 17...there really hasn't been anyone since PMB to be this good, consistently, this young. He's the real deal imo.
Schusterick.

Latest posts