• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway G1

I was thinking P1 but I realized that's a discmania mold. F7 and M4 and stuff...letter/number(s) is predominantly a Prodigy thing. I found it odd Gateway left their more traditional naming system.

No need to respond I've never thrown one I shouldn't be posting in this thread.

though, Wizard is a much better name than G9i

Bought one on the road, but haven't had a chance to let it fly freely. The only course around here ( Kincaid Park) will swallow up errant drives forever. Any feedback on the flight?

I was just looking at some Gateway G-Ones and noticed they have different molding marks from other Gateway discs. At the 9 & 3 o'clock positions they have circles.
New molding equipment?
G-One is made a by a different shop in Michigan for Gateway. Not sure why they couldn't make it themselves, but now that they have some new distance drivers in house I wouldn't be surprised if it gets phased out.

Bought one on the road, but haven't had a chance to let it fly freely. The only course around here ( Kincaid Park) will swallow up errant drives forever. Any feedback on the flight?
G-One flies like a really beat up Destroyer. Has the same rim width as a Destroyer and when thrown hard on a hyzer (500-550 ft of power) has a nice flip up to long turn with a soft but reliable fade. With lower power it has a nice S-Curve flight. It is exactly what I want in a quite flippy distance driver. Replaced my super beat up Wysocki Raptor Stamp Destroyer.