• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Putters

I love my SSS Wizards, I keep 2 in my bag and 3 more for practice. They get used for pretty much everything within 50'.

My green one smells like maple syrup too. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, pancakes.

Never had a green one but was told they smell like hemp. Guess they were wrong

The Proto Organic Green Wizards smell like maple syrup big time, the Yellow ones do too. Last shipment I got and delivered to some local stores had the new red Organic Wizards with the new small wizard stamp, and they seemed to not smell very much like the others, but a red organic with new stamp makes them just as good or better, they are very sweet looking and feel great.

No worres dude. I have never really used Innova putters. I used an Aviar for about 3 monthes before I realized I hate them. Thenan Omega for awhile, and a Sinus for years and LOVED them but they are too overstable on the jumps but are good for upshots, before I finally broke down and tryed a wizard. Didnt really like any of them besides the yellow organic. For some reason those feel the best and and putt better then all of their other plastic. But yes I am an Innova fanboy but the wizard might be my second favorite disc behind my rocs of course!!! Those things are just to hard to find really(the organic SS)

The Proto Organic Green Wizards smell like maple syrup big time, the Yellow ones do too. Last shipment I got and delivered to some local stores had the new red Organic Wizards with the new small wizard stamp, and they seemed to not smell very much like the others, but a red organic with new stamp makes them just as good or better, they are very sweet looking and feel great.

I have one of the red organics, one, they are hard as hell, two they dont smell good. I dont like my putters that hard

Is it the new small stamp? All of the runs of those so far have been pretty darn flexible. You must have got one from a different batch, cause these felt like a broken in S to a moderate SS.

Last edited:
If you dont care about how much they smell, then the new red OG's I just described you would probably like. This run of them is pretty flexible compared to the other organics so it should feel very close to the organic SS that you are using now.

The one he just sent me is hard as HELL!

How long have you been using your main organics? They probably are broken in so much and feel like an SSS now. I just remembered my dad has some of the yellow ones and they are very flexible too, and broken in they get reallllly soft quick. So soft that the flight plate was lowering down in less than a month of use.

Told you it was like picking a chick.
four-women-in-bikinis.jpg

Wizard, Magic, Warlock, Voodoo

Does it really matter too much which you pick??

Not too bad. I have had the one for I use for everything for about 6 weeks. Its not bad at all and its beat up, but nothing like the SSS. Those things are crazy soft which I dont like either. Thats what I was trying to say earlier was that all of the other SS I have used were useless as hen $hit on a pump handle after a short time. I havent seen that with they yellow organics that I have. I am in the process of beating 3 more up and havent seen a differance between them all, even though the one I use all the is alot more beat up. The red organic I have feels like an S or maybe even a medium

I have a white S wizard that I have used as my main for about 5 months and it is beating in perfectly. It is not very flexible but still flexes a decent amount with force, but the texture is amazing on it. It has become very straight with the heavy use I have put on it, and the best part is the flight plate has no indentations with the disc holding its shape with no taco'ing effect at all. (dont use it for drives, only use E-Wizard so I dont bend my main out of shape) If you can find a softer S and pick it out yourself, use it for a while and it will be the best putter you ever own, just be patient. Some S wizards are closer to Mediums so like I said, its best to feel them yourself before buying one.

The organic that I putt with now, the flight plate has beat in a little but the overall feel hasnt changed. There are some "dents" in it but nothing like an SSS. The flight plate of my sinus's did the same thing over time but they didnt really change in flight pattern.

The other SS I had didnt do that, it beat it totally different and just didnt feel right compared to the organics. Thats why I have told everyone, "get the yellow organics, they are the $hit"

Order a misprint pack from Gateway and try em all yourself. I got a pack of Wizards and Voodoos and I like both, but ended up carrying Wizards.

Issues with gateway putters?

So if anyone has seen gateway putters in stores for a long time you have probably noticed they seem to have a lot of variation between runs. Another thing I heard though from my local disc shop owner is that he's requested max weight discs and they will say 174 or 175 on them, but when he weighs it it ends up being in the 160's or something. Anyone else noticed things like this? Not to get on gateway, but it would be nice to have some consistency with their putter plastics since there isn't much it's hard to find the kind of SS that I like. And now I guess if I do buy another I'm going to have to ask the shop owner to pull out the scale.

I haven't noticed any weight discrepancies that severe but it is tough to get that SS just right. But I've had similar issues with inconsistencies with discraft's soft putters and Innova's R-pros as well. I "think" Marshal Street weighs their inventory themselves so that might be your best bet for Gateway putters.

My buddy weighed all his discs (30ish), about 50% of them were off on the posted weight.

No not gateway imperticular, he has a mixture of discs, but I was shocked at how many were off by like 3-5 grams.

Yeah that is why it is funny when people will say they throw only one weight thinking that the 1 or 2 grams will change something. But I have never had any problems when my gateways. They have lots of plastics so those always differ and color plays a factor as well.