• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Putters

Maybe they should be called GREATway....huh? Am I right?

*cricket cricket*

4 Models: Magic, Voodoo, Wizard, Warlock

S-Series Plastic in Med, Soft, Super Soft, Super Stupid Soft
E-Series Plastic in hard/normal and HPP (gummy)

That's 24 different discs...and then there is the Organics, "chalky" Erasure,.....it's quite a list.

In my experience with Gateway putters I prefer the SS and SSS. Sometimes the SS are a little stiffer than I'd like but it's nothing a few whacks into a tree won't fix. I've never had a SSS that was really floppy, like a blowfly or R-pro or anything. I do love that chalky/eraser type feel of those discs though.

I have tried S, SS, SSS, and HPP.

I prefer HPP then SSS...everything else is too stiff.

The only Gateway putter I have is a Voodoo. The reason I have it is that I get such a pure, clean release from it. Nothing else I hold is quite as comfortable, including the other Gateway putters.

Will bulging on the inner rim effect it any? I have this area that's bulged out on the inner rim...sort of bothers me after I buy a disc and see stuff like this, even if it doesn't effect it. Maybe I'm going to have to start thoroughly inspecting discs before I buy them.

Just got my SSS Organic "Chalky" wizard.

I don't know what is chalky about it? Maybe it becomes chalkier as it wears in? Havn't thrown it yet, but it does feel cool.

it was 2 bucks more for the chalky one, (12 instead of 10) I'm thinking of getting the SSS organic wizard with out the "chalky" and comparing the feel.

On the other hand why should they actually be chalky, when the SS discs aren't really SuperSoft anyway.

Will bulging on the inner rim effect it any? I have this area that's bulged out on the inner rim...sort of bothers me after I buy a disc and see stuff like this, even if it doesn't effect it. Maybe I'm going to have to start thoroughly inspecting discs before I buy them.
I have not seen one yet, you are not the first person I have heard say they have one with a bulging inner rim. It probably does not effect the flight, but it sure would screw with your grip. Bad quality control IMO.

What if anything sets their putters aside from the other brands. I imagine putter technology and molds can only be so advanced..

From my noobish perspective: the reason I like the Wizard is that I can drive with it. Lots of people recommended practicing driving with a putter...and I originally had an Aviar P&A that would hurt my shoulder when I threw it hard. No such problem with the Wizard, so I use that now.

A friend of mine picked up an ss wizard a few weeks ago, he was a horrible putter and rarely made anything outside of 20' and that thing changed his game completely. I recently changed from rhyno's over the sss Magics and have to say, a have never made this many 50'+ putts. I now have a few of them in my bag and they will be there for a long time. I just nailed a 75' putt today with ease. Very happy with these, I can honestly say the has never been a single disc that made such a huge impact on my game, except maybe a wasp.

I have not seen one yet, you are not the first person I have heard say they have one with a bulging inner rim. It probably does not effect the flight, but it sure would screw with your grip. Bad quality control IMO.

1 of my 6 wizards has that bulging inner rim, it actually does it all the way around. It doesn't bother me when driving with it, but it's a little distracting if I switch back and forth between putting with it or my other wizards without the bulge.

A friend of mine is a gateway retailer, that is where i purchased my magics and my buddy purchased his wizard, all the magics he had for sale and all of the wizards had the bulging inner rim, i think it is supposed to be that way.

A friend of mine is a gateway retailer, that is where i purchased my magics and my buddy purchased his wizard, all the magics he had for sale and all of the wizards had the bulging inner rim, i think it is supposed to be that way.

Doubt it...my SSS magic is perfectly flat on the inner rim, same with my SSS and SS voodoo.

The one I have with a bulging rim is an S wizard, none of my SSS wizards have any kind of bulge.

Alright guys I've officialy converted from Aviar putting!

I have the 175 SSS Organic "chalky" Wizard for putting only!!

And just ordered a 175 S Eco-Organic Wizard for shorter drives/mids!

I can't wait to rip that thing.

I still keep an RW-Aviar (no bead like the JK) for glider anny approaches.

Gateway putters

There has been a lot of talk on here lately about putting and I want to know more about Gateway putters in particular. Rapidly growing in popularity for a reason, these are great discs from what is said about them. There are 4 molds of putters, the Wizard, Warlock, Magic and Voodoo. Why so many different molds? What are the specific characteristics about each one that has lead you to that particular mold? Do you carry more than one type of putter mold? What about the different types of plastics of each? I currently use a SS Voodoo but might actually be willing to mix it up a little. Share your thoughts.

I have an SSS Voodo that feels awesome, but i feel it just got replaced by the gummy HPP Voodoo i got in the mail last week...its SO NICE! Also have an SS magic and a few other's. I like Gateway putters way more than innova puters.

look em up on their website, they explain the dif molds, like this is the wizard without the bead...
i like the wizard...
post +1