• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gateway Samurai Art Contest

Gateway seems to see the logo contests as just a way to hype the fact that they have a new disc on the way AND getting the artwork done essentially for free. Not exactly a great business plan IMO, but that's what they seem to be doing.

That's a phenomenal business plan. Getting the community involved in their projects in order to promote their company? I'd say this is the best way to go. It gives the consumer a feeling of contribution which makes them wayyy more likely to buy and promote that company.

I agree, I would have never even heard of the disc if not for this. Will I try it? maybe. But to get free artwork for the price of a basket and discs? Most graphic designers aren't going to work for so cheap. Seems like a good business plan to me.

Well I am down by a little under 100 votes right now.... Its not over though... Please keep the votes coming. I think I still have a chance...

Thanks for the support...

Just got passed up by #6 (I do like that design). I am a bit bummed that Dave put two almost identical designs up that I did. I can't help but think it is sucking some of my votes. I still got a shot I think but #3 is up to some funny business his votes went up 100 in an hour last night.

Last edited:
You got my vote man! I don't see how #6 passed you at all, but I'm sure him and #3 are using up all the friends/relatives etc they can to get votes. Slow and steady wins!!

"Dont let Zamson find out you're using facebook or he'll delete your post QUICK! :p jk jk"

lol .. i delete all spam :)

Dude definitely seems like a dink. There is something fisshy going on with the whole thing for sure. He got 100 vote in an hour last night and has only had like 50 all day today. I think he must have hit up a college computer lab or something last night.

Its all good though I am just hoping it runs for a few more days cause I think I might be able to win in the long run. #6 has been flying today too but I am cool with that because I actually like his simple design. It is one of two that would actually work on a disc.

I did like 6 desgins and I wish they would have used my font only one but it is what it is.

Just found out the contest runs through Monday morning....

Thanks everyone :thmbup::thmbup::hfive:

Back in the day... swim had a motive to create online votes as such, he would go into dating chat rooms and pretend to be a female, he would then woo the dude on the other end with something along the lines of "If you vote for me, I will send you a topless pic." One vote, check, move on to the next guy. 1 hr later = 300 votes.

Good luck.

Looks like it checks IP addresses rather than MAC addresses. Which means you can get as many votes as you can find free wifi sites in your area. How many Starbucks are in your home town? ;)