• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Titan and Bullseye Baskets

lsdiscs ran an A tier this year with a temp course. calling the baskets used for the temp course janky is being nice. even the baskets for the lake shawnee course which was used are a mixture of homemade, modified old, and standard baskets. the crestview course that was used has modified mach 2s with extra chains added. there are standards for big tournaments but not everyone follows them.

A while ago someone told me about a basket design that Cam Todd was working on. The Bulls is what I envisioned it looking like.....is this it or did gds beat him to the punch?

does it bother anyone else that it says "....to anyone who wants to improve there putting".....when it should be their. Just seems really unprofessional to me.

Glad I kept reading before I posted about this myself. Yes, by the way, it does bother me.

Does anyone remember (or know if they still exsist) a company that made a few different type baskets, one was called the octopus if I remember correctly and I think the starfish was like a bullseye putting practice kinda target?

Last edited:
Does anyone remember (or know if they still exsist) a company that made a few different type baskets, one was called the octopus if I remember correctly and I think the starfish was like a bullseye putting practice kinda target?

Company was called Discin

Got one! :D

P10-21-11_22-19-1.jpg

P10-21-11_22-192.jpg

I'm listening to the first Feldberg interview on discgolftalkradio.com and he mentions an idea that he and Cam Todd have to introduce smaller baskets into the game. He compares the smaller target to ball golf holes and how amazing a long ball golf shot that sinks is, because of the accuracy needed. Would anyone want to see a nine-hole course or even an 18 with all baskets similar to Bullseye?

I'm listening to the first Feldberg interview on discgolftalkradio.com and he mentions an idea that he and Cam Todd have to introduce smaller baskets into the game. He compares the smaller target to ball golf holes and how amazing a long ball golf shot that sinks is, because of the accuracy needed. Would anyone want to see a nine-hole course or even an 18 with all baskets similar to Bullseye?

It would be a advantage to bad putters I believe. In ball golf, if you can prevent 3 putts, you usually can keep your score down. Bad putters would develop a conservative 'lay up unless your inside 20' mentality, while good putters, who would be blowing by more often, would be 3 putting more often.

my 2 cents. :)

Being a St. Louisan, I have had a lot of play on both the Pro-24 and Bullseye baskets. They are both extremely nice portables. As with any portable (or permanent for that matter), there are some drawbacks. In this case, the bucket is not nearly as cavernous as the Titans. It reminds me more of an early Mach bucket. I can forgive this, however, for the weight savings. We set up a temp 18 course a couple of weeks ago for our Club Championships, and Dave's new portables were, by far, the easiest to transport and set up. The design is very well thought out and they are very visually appealing. I will own a Bullseye in the near future...

Feldberg also complained a bunch in an interview when one of his putts spit out, so I'm not exactly sure it would be agreed upon once people started to actually play on them.

does it bother anyone else that it says "....to anyone who wants to improve there putting".....when it should be their. Just seems really unprofessional to me.

I'm instantly deterred to buy one due to the grammatical error! Not that I would buy one anyway.

I was practically handed a DGA Mach III, so for practicing putts I unhook the outside chains and reattach them to the inner ring on the band. It does help tremendously when you reset the chains to the outside; it makes the basket look like a swimming pool!

If you have a bullseye and didn't like it, give me a shout! I'm looking for one.

Meanwhile, I am still happy with my Titan 24 chain portable

Has anyone been practicing on a bullseye and noticed an improvement in there (sic) putting?

I've had one for about 8 months...and yes...

First thing you will notice after using the bullseye for a couple weeks is...

You put worse... because your confidence is shot
On the course you start shorting your puts off the baskets...
The basket on the bullseye is short, and as such, you get lazy on keeping the putts up.

about a month in you notice that you are "pro-siding" your puts (the right side of the chains for a RHBH), because the bullseye won't catch anything on the opposite side.
Confidence is going up because you are making more on the course, and getting comfortable with missing at home.

2 months...you rarely miss left to right, but on innova disc catchers... you are bogey banding a lot...
because there is no outer ring on the bullseye, you have a little more leeway on your high puts to go in.

3 Months... you peak... you never miss...(Seemingly), the baskets on the course look HUGE... especially after a week of not playing a course.

4 months... you flatline... can't make a damn thing...because now your depth perception is set to the bullseye...so anything outside of the circle is either way high, or way low...but right on line!

5 months... you are back to where you started skill wise...

6 months... gaining more and more consistency... NOW is where the basket really starts making you improve...this is when you are improving your foundation...

In my experience anyway....

NOW
I rarely....and I mean... RARELY miss the basket completely (left to right) on any putt... even outside of the circle...
I may chain out on one side or the other... but I'm hitting metal if I'm using my putting stance...

I still short baskets (my biggest issue... *that's what she said) occasionally... but in practice I don't count anything that just creeps over the lip.

I think the bullseye is great tool to help improve... but you have to give it time to work, and you have to know it's quirks... ie... where it can help... and where it can actually hurt your ga
me.

It's amazing for left to right accuracy...and confidence (once you start seeing the course baskets look like giant trash barrels.

but getting completely used to it, is just as bad as never having used it...IMO
because it isn't a full size basket, there will always be the times where a perfect put, on the bullseye, won't go in on a course basket....

Solid review. I searched "the internet" for a video review of the bullseye, but found nothing. You think a 2 minute demo video would be good marketing/sales.

I really want one of these. . .

I took advantage of a Facebook special back in early September where for $390 you got 50 discs of your choice, a Gateway Ozark Backpack bag, 50 minis and a Bullseye basket. I was going to upgrade for a Titan Portable but decided to go with the Bullseye.

I wait to have them shipped...using the discs for an upcome tournament. I'M looking forward to seeing the Bullseye. If someone wants it, I'd be willing to sell it for $200 plus shipping.

I got to play the Ozark Mountain courses over the weekend, there are several bullseyes on the property. They caught dead center putts just as well as a full basket, but they definitely added some pucker factor knowing that they wouldn't catch anything much off center. I could see it being a great practice bucket and it was a fun feature on the course IMO.

Latest posts