• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard problems

Not being able to find consistent wizards led me to IONs. Magics, however, are sweet and the anode wont be replacing them anytime soon.

FWIW, I carry an ion a magic and an anode

^^^^^ Me Too, not all the time but every now and then I will carry the Anode for fun or wne I play a course in the woods.

This is the reason that I stopped throwing wizards. Pretty sure if gateway implemented some more consistency in their plastics, they would be more successful.

Yeah I'm not really sure what to do.. What is a disc similar to the Wizard?? (no Ions). because I might have to switch.

I would just call gateway and ask to send you some similar ones. As mentioned earlier, what they lack in consistency they make up for in customer service. Give em a call! They just did a custom stamping job on some voodoos for me and far exceeded my expectations in terms of service

I would just call gateway and ask to send you some similar ones. As mentioned earlier, what they lack in consistency they make up for in customer service. Give em a call! They just did a custom stamping job on some voodoos for me and far exceeded my expectations in terms of service

This. If you want to continue using gateway discs without switching putters, call or e-mail gateway directly and ask for the type of disc you want in the weight. They go out of their way to give good deals on whatever you want.

Because I really don't wanna send in my lone wizard. I'm afraid something will happen. I'm really attached to the disc. I don't really let it out of my sight and couldn't go to the course without it. Could I just tell them what it's like and give them the details about weight and everything. I would only want like 2 more. They could do that for me for a good deal?

I putt and approach with Gateway VooDoos and I find them to be pretty consistent. My main putter is a year-old SS, so it's beat and nice and super understable (but I understand it!). I have picked up 4 or 5 SSS models, which are a bit more flexible, all at the same weight. Love them.

Because I really don't wanna send in my lone wizard. I'm afraid something will happen. I'm really attached to the disc. I don't really let it out of my sight and couldn't go to the course without it. Could I just tell them what it's like and give them the details about weight and everything. I would only want like 2 more. They could do that for me for a good deal?

I have done their bulk deal several times and only told them what I wanted. I've never been let down. If you really want exact duplicates though I would suggest you pay a little extra and ship your disc in a well packed and padded box to make sure nothing happens to it.

As for only wanting two more, if you are so in love with your putter, why be so short sighted to only buy two backups? Nut up and buy at least five. It's not like they're hard to get rid of in the marketplace or anything.

I have done their bulk deal several times and only told them what I wanted. I've never been let down. If you really want exact duplicates though I would suggest you pay a little extra and ship your disc in a well packed and padded box to make sure nothing happens to it.

As for only wanting two more, if you are so in love with your putter, why be so short sighted to only buy two backups? Nut up and buy at least five. It's not like they're hard to get rid of in the marketplace or anything.

Why I only want 2. I'm 16. No job.. lol. I have got things planned out though so that won't be a problem come end of the year but for now.. I'd only want about 2..

This^^^Ask Mom and Dad then for a birthday present or something.

This^^^Ask Mom and Dad then for a birthday present or something.

Well my Grandma got me a GL River as an easter present. lol. Mom needs someone to explain to her that having 40 discs and still wanting/needing more is normal.. Dad might need some explaining after I visit him this weekend carrying 5 brand new discs.. lol.

Well my Grandma got me a GL River as an easter present. lol. Mom needs someone to explain to her that having 40 discs and still wanting/needing more is normal.. Dad might need some explaining after I visit him this weekend carrying 5 brand new discs.. lol.

I always offered to do a big chore when I wanted something from my parents, try offering to do something that mom or dad have wanted to get dome for a while and start by asking for $100 for whatever chores it is. Just make sure the chore you propose will be worth it.

I even got my mom to pay $100 to feed the neighbors dogs, granted I was passed out on the couch and just got home from being deployed overseas, so asking me to do this when just a day earlier I was out of the country seemed like a $100 chore. Find the hot button for your parents and push it.

More than anything, having multiple backup putters is the most important disc to have multiples of. Not only because you can do putter practice more efficiently, but as long as you don't switch up putters, you'll have those 5 putters for years. Do some chores around the house, explain to them that you're getting them for cheap by doing the bulk deal, and explain it to them reasonably.

or just take their credit card while they are asleep like most of us did growing up. :thmbup:

wait... no dont do that. :thmbdown:

:popcorn:

Why I only want 2. I'm 16. No job.. lol. I have got things planned out though so that won't be a problem come end of the year but for now.. I'd only want about 2..

Applications aren't hard to fill out (I've been employed since I was 12 - well over half my life). Or you could also sell some of those 40 discs you don't throw here in the marketplace and buy them if you're allergic to work.

More than anything, having multiple backup putters is the most important disc to have multiples of. Not only because you can do putter practice more efficiently, but as long as you don't switch up putters, you'll have those 5 putters for years. Do some chores around the house, explain to them that you're getting them for cheap by doing the bulk deal, and explain it to them reasonably.

This is good advice.