• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Could anyone make a recommendation on what Gateway putter blends are good for driving? I love Eraser plastic and somehow have one that turned out crazy firm and very overstable. I really like to have a stiff Wizard with lots of fade for long approaches and driving duties. Any suggestions here that would help me pick out a winner from the current runs would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

PW. Stiff, starts reasonably OS.

Could anyone make a recommendation on what Gateway putter blends are good for driving? I love Eraser plastic and somehow have one that turned out crazy firm and very overstable. I really like to have a stiff Wizard with lots of fade for long approaches and driving duties. Any suggestions here that would help me pick out a winner from the current runs would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Any Wizard with a high shoulder will have a pretty OS flight with lots of fade. Pick whatever plastic you like, just stick to the high shoulder shape.

I've been seeking a premium with the shoulder and top shape of a PWP. From the profile pics I'd say I'm not super successful at the moment. It's hard BC only Gateway base plastic putters seem to be at my local shops so feeling them up myself is not really an option. I've reached out though and hopefully they have something.

Premium plastic Wizards aren't worth the effort. You'll hunt and hunt, find what you want, and when you throw it you'll wonder why you spent all that time hunting it down before running back to non-premium (hate to call it baseline because gateway's putter plastic is fantastic).

Premium plastic Wizards aren't worth the effort. You'll hunt and hunt, find what you want, and when you throw it you'll wonder why you spent all that time hunting it down before running back to non-premium (hate to call it baseline because gateway's putter plastic is fantastic).

I can agree with this PWP is not "baseline". Midgrade? Let's just stick with PWP it's it's own thing. Inreally just want a premium to keep at the "top" of my cycle so I always know that's the beefy one. If it doesn't work out then I get to add another putter to my DG keepsake bin LOL.

I use Gateway's diamond plastic wizards for driving and upshots.
They start out pretty OS for a wizard but beat in pretty straight.
As long as you spin them they will hold any line....
The diamond is pretty tough too so it can withstand the good hits.

The problem with diamond seemed to be the lack of grip that led to lack of spin. For me the soft is where its at. You get the rigidness of a premium plastic disc but with unparalleled grippy finish. Erasers are nice too. Just love the stiffness of soft. Gotta try a few more.

The problem with diamond seemed to be the lack of grip that led to lack of spin. For me the soft is where its at. You get the rigidness of a premium plastic disc but with unparalleled grippy finish. Erasers are nice too. Just love the stiffness of soft. Gotta try a few more.

I was on soft before switching to the PWP. Soft is nice. But that PWP is MF money!!!

Try leaving them in the sun and let them get hot.
After a while and some beating the plastic breaks in a bit and gets a gummier grippier feel..

I've never had an issue with the champion/diamond like plastics.
They do get grippier the more you use them I feel.

I've got you my dude.

Attachments

• 7AA176A3-2BEA-421B-BDA7-A627B48E24F1.jpg
    7AA176A3-2BEA-421B-BDA7-A627B48E24F1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 49
  • C02EB026-67AF-4EDB-BDC3-D18607A9846E.jpg
    C02EB026-67AF-4EDB-BDC3-D18607A9846E.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 6EDA8C4B-454F-46DD-9253-56198DA7F098.jpg
    6EDA8C4B-454F-46DD-9253-56198DA7F098.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 45
They're pretty much in between. It's hard to explain, it's like the rim and flight plate are equally stiff in that premium plastic way. Doesn't feel floppy in any way. The shoulder is a bit higher than I like in my putting wizards and they feel a bit chunky in the hand but they are flat topped. I reckon they get more comfortable they you use them. I've never really used mine since I got it in a trade that I made so my friend could get a disc he'd use. Don't know if I ever will.

They're pretty much in between. It's hard to explain, it's like the rim and flight plate are equally stiff in that premium plastic way. Doesn't feel floppy in any way. The shoulder is a bit higher than I like in my putting wizards and they feel a bit chunky in the hand but they are flat topped. I reckon they get more comfortable they you use them. I've never really used mine since I got it in a trade that I made so my friend could get a disc he'd use. Don't know if I ever will.

Well if you'd be interested in coming off of that lemme know. Pretty much the shape O was hoping it would be. I putt with PWP Wizs so I like thay high shoulder/flat top also I'm throwing all PWP s roght nkw just want something I can crank on if need be.

Latest posts