• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

I think the shipping from Sweden would be a bit steep ;). It's not as flat as a PWP/PW and it doesn't have that fast transition from shoulder to top as a PWP but it's still as "good" as you could ask from a premium plastic wiz, I think.

I think the shipping from Sweden would be a bit steep ;). It's not as flat as a PWP/PW and it doesn't have that fast transition from shoulder to top as a PWP but it's still as "good" as you could ask from a premium plastic wiz, I think.

Gotcha

After realizing I just can't find any more Firm Wizards in Finland, I had to buy a few Pure Whites. They are pretty rare also, but still easier to find than Firms. Not as flat as my Firms, but still pretty good. Better grip while being a tad more stiff.

After realizing I just can't find any more Firm Wizards in Finland, I had to buy a few Pure Whites. They are pretty rare also, but still easier to find than Firms. Not as flat as my Firms, but still pretty good. Better grip while being a tad more stiff.

Dude, my Pure Whites are board flat. Stiff and grippy. Best putter ever, hands down.

Has anyone checked out the new Nikko wizards? Apparently they have a thinner flight plate or something? I'm really curious to see some reviews.

I have some Locastro stamped Wizards purchased from Infinite Discs within the past year. All of them are SS blend. I am not a Wizard expert, but they seem to flex just like other SS Wizards. There is some slight bit of variability in the flex among them, which I expect from Gateway discs. So, I would say that none seem to have thin flight plates. They just seem like normal SS, with a fancy stamp.

I haven't thrown any yet, so no info on that.

I have some Locastro stamped Wizards purchased from Infinite Discs within the past year. All of them are SS blend. I am not a Wizard expert, but they seem to flex just like other SS Wizards. There is some slight bit of variability in the flex among them, which I expect from Gateway discs. So, I would say that none seem to have thin flight plates. They just seem like normal SS, with a fancy stamp.

I haven't thrown any yet, so no info on that.
I think he was talking about these:

My dad's Wizard is so old all it does not say the plastic type.

Gateway putter with .... centered under vertically then Wizard. it has the PDGA approved and the blank spot to write in the weight of 173 or 174, can't make that out with Wizard after it. Mine is G9I and is low like lower sholder then most Wizard at 172 gams and does not say PDGA approved or the spot with PDGA blank spot then Wizard like most do. Odd disc. Both are same dark red with dark royal blue stamp bought new at a PIAS in mid 2004. I wanted a standard Wizard at the time but my dad got the last one. I had to settle for the G9I they had though it almost feels like a different mold, mega bead, and is lower then most Wizards makes me think of a putter version of a Gator but mega bead.

Last edited:
Just got a shipment of a few blank fossil Wizards in the mail yesterday. I was under the impression that the fossil plastic was gonna be basically the same as PWP plastic, but I was wrong. The fossil is more grippy and slightly flexible. I'm hoping the difference doesn't cause an issue with my putting, because my current PWPs are reeeeally beat up and I don't think they will last much longer.

Just got a shipment of a few blank fossil Wizards in the mail yesterday. I was under the impression that the fossil plastic was gonna be basically the same as PWP plastic, but I was wrong. The fossil is more grippy and slightly flexible. I'm hoping the difference doesn't cause an issue with my putting, because my current PWPs are reeeeally beat up and I don't think they will last much longer.

PWs haven't been out long enough to the be THAT beat up.

Pretty sure TBird has been putting the same G9i wizard for 7 years. My two putting Wizards have been in my bag since 8/15 and 10/16.

But if they're really super beat, PM me and I will trade you some fresh Wizards for beat PWs.

PWs haven't been out long enough to the be THAT beat up.

Pretty sure TBird has been putting the same G9i wizard for 7 years. My two putting Wizards have been in my bag since 8/15 and 10/16.

But if they're really super beat, PM me and I will trade you some fresh Wizards for beat PWs.

I'd like to actually see a really beat up PWP

I have a few on the verge of beginning to think about being slightly beat. I throw these everyday and have for a long few months. I cant wait until they're super beat.

Thanks, My G9i from 2004 might be the old mold as they redid the mold in 2003-2004. What do people mean by tapered flight plate? the guy at the PIAS said the dusty disc had been sitting there for 2 years was from 2002. My dads was newer so it is the flight plate of the new discs.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the Wizard's flightplate has been tapered since its inception. I know it's been that way as long as I've been throwing them.

My G9i from the reissue has been bagged ever since I received it. It's a beaut, and I'd trade all my fresh backups long before I'd give up all those putts on my baby. I'm going to be lost when it finally cracks.

Latest posts