• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Hey FYI, someone mentioned Diamond Wizards for throwing back there.

I picked up a pair of crystal clear natural beauties the other day with a bit of a high shoulder/dome, and can attest that they make great stable/OS throwers. I think I'd have to recommend something with a shoulder/dome in order to make sure there was enough glide to keep up with base plastic throwers.

What's the skinny on newer run PW Wizards? Are they low shoulder or the higher shoulder?

Anybody have a list of all blends the wizard has or is offered in?

I will try

Diamond
Firm
Soft
Pure white
Super soft
Super stupid soft
Money
Eraser
Hemp
Nylon
4S (SSSS)
Superglow

Im sure i missed a few dozen

I will try

Diamond
Firm
Soft
Pure white
Super soft
Super stupid soft
Money
Eraser
Hemp
Nylon
4S (SSSS)
Superglow

Im sure i missed a few dozen

And, you can add Evolution and at least 35-40 special blends.

S, SS, SSS, SSSS, SSSSS, Firm, Medium, $$$, $, RFF, RFF Glow, RFFF, OG, OG Soft, Hemp, Hemp SS, Hemp SSS, Super Glow, G9i, G18, G25, SB 12/13/14/30, Eraser, Eraser SS, ER-25, Fossil, Fossil Fuel, FSF, JB, Chalky S, Pure White, PWP, Puffy, Lunar, Lunar PWP, Lunar SS, Proto, Nylon, Swirly (S/SS/SSS)

Evo, Diamond Evo, Platinum Evo, Hyperdiamond, Evo Glow, HPP

What's the skinny on newer run PW Wizards? Are they low shoulder or the higher shoulder?

Maybe too late but here goes. The pw Wizards I got last fall had a slight shoulder and not as stiff as they could be. I just picked up a couple factory fresh pw Wizards and they are stiff, low shouldered with a velvety grip.
Really good stuff

Anyone know how old this Wizard might be? Or any specifics.
Seems like old stamp and tooling. Sorta feels like older Evo.

Little warped and some dings but felt good for $6 used bin.

Attachments

• IMG_20210603_144154.jpg
    IMG_20210603_144154.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Wizard Evo Red.jpg
    Wizard Evo Red.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 54

I think that " soup can" tooling started in 2005 or maybe 2006. I'm not sure when they switched to the first incarnation of tooling in the center.

Anybody using those Lunar wizards? I picked up a few for practice when we move in a couple weeks. I really like the feel of these.

I saw the lunars and thought they were pretty cool. I've recently switched to (or back to really) Wizards. I'm pretty happy with my hemp blends for putting duties but now I'm looking for throwers and the lunars only coming in gray was a deal breaker for me. If I ever stumble across one in some sort of color I'd love to check one out.

I think that " soup can" tooling started in 2005 or maybe 2006. I'm not sure when they switched to the first incarnation of tooling in the center.
I have a 2007 Club stamp (would have been run for an October 2006 event) with that "soup can" tooling. By Thanksgiving in 2008 I was in Chicago kicking myself for leaving my trusty go-to Wizard at home to test out the first run VooDoo I had, which is the only for-sure date I have to go by for when I had that trusty go-to Wizard; my trusty go-to Wizard had the first incarnation of the center tooling.

So an educated guess would be that they used that "soup can" tooling from '05ish-'07ish.

I have a 2007 Club stamp (would have been run for an October 2006 event) with that "soup can" tooling. By Thanksgiving in 2008 I was in Chicago kicking myself for leaving my trusty go-to Wizard at home to test out the first run VooDoo I had, which is the only for-sure date I have to go by for when I had that trusty go-to Wizard; my trusty go-to Wizard had the first incarnation of the center tooling.

So an educated guess would be that they used that "soup can" tooling from '05ish-'07ish.

Sounds about right, maybe late 2005. I really committed to Wizards in summer 2005 when I bought a 10-pack and started practicing with them. I still have some of the discs from that 10-pack, they're all "no tooling" versions. Everything I bought after that point has the soup can tooling until it changed again (I think somewhere in 2007-2008).

Latest posts