• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

General age, location, and occupation of players?

Cool idea OP!

Athens, GA
Husband, dad to two young boys, and senior manufacturing project engineer. I like my job...get to design and build custom equipment for a manufacturing plant...just wish I could slip out to play disc golf more often...maybe when the boys are older it can be our bonding activity!

Florence, Alabama
Quality Engineer (Which is why I'm always curious about the quality standards and procedures at the various manufacturers. If I had to guess, Discraft has the tightest quality standards. One day I'll have time to tour some disc golf factories.)

Bearing in mind that it's not a representative sample; just people willing to answer. The "still in my Mom's basement" contingent is quiet. Or lying.

It is quite interesting to put a few more human details to some familiar DGCR names.

Someone may even be able to link up to a better job via dgcoursereview!

Soon to be 56 year old, soon to be ex-School Psychologist in Cincinnati OH ("retiring")...

...and if anyone has any ideas for a cool career shift, I'm looking for something to make decent money with flexible hours, but in any different field than education/ social work.

"I have some ideas." -- Deuce Newton

General Age: 50'ish ... (I coulda said 52, but you asked for general)

Des Moines, Iowa
Active Duty Navy since 1994

Hey, nice to see! I'm a retired submariner, myself. 23 years mostly in Norfolk but also a couple of DC tours and a tour in Naples, Italy.

Fort Worth, TX
Certified Intraoperate Monitoring Technologist (CNIM)
Really wish I was a professional musician though, c'est la vie.

45, Des Moines, Iowa ~ between medical jobs at the moment. mostly x-ray and some nursing.

Hey, nice to see! I'm a retired submariner, myself. 23 years mostly in Norfolk but also a couple of DC tours and a tour in Naples, Italy.

I spent some Army time at Camp Darby, Italy back in 93/94.

1000000 (just rolled the binary odometer for the last time, probably)
Twin Cities, MN
Disc Golf Maven (Tour Consultant & Ratings Processor under contract with PDGA, Course Designer, volunteer on PDGA Tech Standards, Competition, Course Development, Game Development & Stats Committees, chairing the last 3 listed)

Latest posts