• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

General travelers tip to help save a lil $

Deuces

Par Member
A tip to help out working class families find quality discounted rate B&B's while we travel to play new courses.

I've just recently stumbled upon this site while doing a little day dreaming vacation planning this morning. If I would have known about rates like this a month ago, I could have saved $100 on my recent visit to St. Louis. I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather stay at some of the places I see here, than pay twice as much to stay at a big hotel chain.

I hope this at least helps you save a few nickles to rub together! :thmbup:

AirBNB is fantastic.

We've taken a couple extended Euro vacations the last few years. The second trip we used AirBNB almost exclusively and booked some amazing apartments in Barcelona right off Las Ramblas and in the Latin Quarter of Paris for prices that were well cheaper than any hotel.

It's also kind of fun to meet the locals who are running/own the place as they typically have awesome insight on hotspots to eat or visit that aren't usually in the tourist guides and such. We crushed some tapas, sangrias, and some of the best doner kabaab I've ever had based off the recommendations left to us by the lady that owned the apartment in Barcelona.

Air BnB is awesome. I've used it in the UK, Croatia, and in the US. Sadly it's not as big in NZ where I'm currently living.

A tip to help out working class families find quality discounted rate B&B's while we travel to play new courses.

I've just recently stumbled upon this site while doing a little day dreaming vacation planning this morning. If I would have known about rates like this a month ago, I could have saved $100 on my recent visit to St. Louis. I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather stay at some of the places I see here, than pay twice as much to stay at a big hotel chain.

I hope this at least helps you save a few nickles to rub together! :thmbup:

Just checked this out for the first time, sounds awesome. This will allow me to stay in Texas/Oregon etc mad cheap when I go play some new courses later this year. Thank you kind sir! :)

I think middle class families will enjoy the site as well. There are some steals on the site that are perfect for traveling to tournaments.

Latest posts