• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Get Lit! (The Fuse Thread)

Frank Delicious said:
So I threw a fuse again the other day and I think what messes with me with this disc is that it is fairly fast but the turn on it is very slow so by the time it starts turning, it's already past where it needs to turn.

why not throw it with less hyzer?

Oh okay I see, so one way or another everyone is full of shit because everyone's first impressions of the Fuse was "just like a Comet!," "Great HSS!," "versatile, works great as a stand alone mid!"

So either you guys are really shitty on giving first reviews of discs or you waffle more than Joe Lieberman?

I don't think the Fuse is faster, but it is longer for me than a Comet. I don't turn and burn a Fuse as easily as a Comet. Most importantly for me, I have a better feel for a Fuse's flight than a Comet's. I thought the Fuse was a great standalone mid when I first started working with it, but eventually dropped it, worked some other mids, and just added it back in to complement my Vector. Ion for short mid shots, Fuse or Vector for longer ones depending on the line, that's how I roll these days. Subject to change, yadda yadda.

yeah the fuse is def faster than a comet and more understable, not like crazy understable but def more understable.

i dunno. depends which one ur throwing. my heavy optos are pretty stable straight with little turn compared to lighter gold lines which turn more easier and are more understable than the optos to begin with

Maybe it is a difference in runs. The original Opto and GL ones I had were pretty stable, maybe a tick less than an ESP comet. The one I threw the other day (newer heavy GL) was much flippier.

Booter said:
to me the fuse is faster than a comet,can handle more snap as well

this is my experience with them so far as well... I've been throwing a Gold, 173 GL (a color which looks awesome on the shelves, but sucks when resting on dead leaves) around for a while and loved it, not realizing it was too light for my tastes. So I broke down the other day and bought a 179g Gold GL one with that large trifly on it (much better on dead leaves), and looked amazing when I threw the crap out of it at Pyramids yesterday. I love my Fuse, and on calm days, I'm probably throwing this on nearly every shot under ~280-300

I still love my Fuse...In fact I throw it more now than ever. Now that MVP's discs are no longer under the radar, there is no other disc I throw that I get asked about as much as the Fuse...Anyway, people around here are slow to come around when it comes to new discs unless you put them in their hands. With this in mind I grabbed a couple of different Fuses to let people throw on the course, including a gold 177, pink 177, and blue 165. The gold and the blue fly like I expect a Fuse to...understable, but only slghtly so. Even though the blue is a lot lighter, it still retains a pretty straight character. The pink one however is crazy understable, moreso than the one that has been in my bag for hundreds of throws. The pink ones feel different in the hand as well as the shoulder is really high and round.

i've got what looked like a colorshift fuse coming my way in a few days...i'm excited to go out and toss it. the gold line i have in my bag is really starting to grow on me more and more. i'm digging it a lot more than the opto i used for a while.

Such a great disc. It has transformed my confidence in throwing those longer tunnel shots. I have better tunnel shot aim if I'm able to hyzer release when adding power, and the Fuse is a great disc for that.

I picked up a 172 and 174 GL color shift Fuse as well as a 175 opto line one.

Seems these are almost 2 different discs, the GLs are both flatish and much more understable than the opto line which has a nice dome to it. The opto line definitely has more glide and stability wise compares to between my well beaten 168 flat Z Buzzz and new 172 Z Buzzz but longer with the glide. The only other Fuses around here are in the opto line and are similar in dome to mine. I can hyzer-flip my gls but not the opto. The discs, for me, complement each other very well, still working on getting used to the distance on these compared to my Buzzzes but like Jgheels posted they have helped my confidence on tunnel shots as well, flipping up that long ever so shallow hyzer that gives that safe warm and fuzzy feeling as it flies.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced the same between the GL and Opto lines or if maybe it's the color-shift models only.

Thinking of trying out a Core in opto line, if it's more fadey at the end it may knock the Hornet out of my bag.

discspeed said:
I still love my Fuse...In fact I throw it more now than ever. Now that MVP's discs are no longer under the radar, there is no other disc I throw that I get asked about as much as the Fuse...Anyway, people around here are slow to come around when it comes to new discs unless you put them in their hands. With this in mind I grabbed a couple of different Fuses to let people throw on the course, including a gold 177, pink 177, and blue 165. The gold and the blue fly like I expect a Fuse to...understable, but only slghtly so. Even though the blue is a lot lighter, it still retains a pretty straight character. The pink one however is crazy understable, moreso than the one that has been in my bag for hundreds of throws. The pink ones feel different in the hand as well as the shoulder is really high and round.

This is what I have noticed as well. My first Fuse was an orange GL from a early run and I LOVED it. I lost it and replaced it with a newer run pink GL, and it has a higher shoulder and more dome. It is definitely more understable than the first one I had. If I order another orange can I expect a disc similar to the first one I had?

inthedrift said:
discspeed said:

This is what I have noticed as well. My first Fuse was an orange GL from a early run and I LOVED it. I lost it and replaced it with a newer run pink GL, and it has a higher shoulder and more dome. It is definitely more understable than the first one I had. If I order another orange can I expect a disc similar to the first one I had?

Orange, blue, yellow, and gold GLs all have similar shapes and stabilities in my experience. The domes vary a bit with the domier ones starting out a tick more stable, but the difference is pretty negligible as none are excessively domey. It most be that weird shoulder on the pinks that accounts for the understability.

mshelton said:
I picked up a 172 and 174 GL color shift Fuse as well as a 175 opto line one.

Seems these are almost 2 different discs, the GLs are both flatish and much more understable than the opto line which has a nice dome to it. The opto line definitely has more glide and stability wise compares to between my well beaten 168 flat Z Buzzz and new 172 Z Buzzz but longer with the glide. The only other Fuses around here are in the opto line and are similar in dome to mine. I can hyzer-flip my gls but not the opto. The discs, for me, complement each other very well, still working on getting used to the distance on these compared to my Buzzzes but like Jgheels posted they have helped my confidence on tunnel shots as well, flipping up that long ever so shallow hyzer that gives that safe warm and fuzzy feeling as it flies.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced the same between the GL and Opto lines or if maybe it's the color-shift models only.

Thinking of trying out a Core in opto line, if it's more fadey at the end it may knock the Hornet out of my bag.

When I initially tested the Opto Fuse vs. the GL Fuse I thought the Opto was hands down more stable. I ended up with the GL in my bag because I needed understability. Anyway, a year later I decided I'd like to have a stable compliment to my now seasoned GL Fuse. I grabbed an Opto very similar to the one I tested (178 yellow). At first it was flying just how I wanted...gliding, but holding onto the line and not flipping. Unfortunately after about two weeks in the bag it was more understable than my year old GL Fuse. I hit a couple of trees hard, but it still seems strange that Opto would break in like that. It had some really sharp and thick flash at the bottom, so I'm thinking I didn't get it all and it wore off the rest of the way in the two weeks I played with the disc. Either way, I'm of the opinion that the Fuse is one of the most consistent molds Lat64 has, and the disc wants to be a bit understable no matter how it flies on those first few throws.

Good to hear about the consistency seems to hard to find in a lot of discs.

That is weird about the opto breaking in like that but if mine does the same then I'll be very happy considering the amount of glide the disc has.

Here's some pics of the 2 that I have, profile looks next to identical to me;

IMG_0204.jpg

but the dome on the opto line is more prevalent;

IMG_0205.jpg

Latest posts