• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Getaway

I had a fusion getaway before and it was money. Just enough turn to have it flip up and hold a straight line for 300ft before gently fading. After about 6 months of it being my main workhorse driver (and hitting many trees along the way) it was the victim of a headwind + water hole and turned over into the sunset never to be seen again.

I just purchased a second one in lucid plastic but HOLY hell is that thing a meat hook. It's currently meatier than my c line fd3 and I don't know what the hell is going on with it. The damn thing feels like it has zero glide and just dumps before I can get any straight flight out of it.

Does anyone else have any inconsistencies issues with the getaway?

I had a fusion getaway before and it was money. Just enough turn to have it flip up and hold a straight line for 300ft before gently fading. After about 6 months of it being my main workhorse driver (and hitting many trees along the way) it was the victim of a headwind + water hole and turned over into the sunset never to be seen again.

I just purchased a second one in lucid plastic but HOLY hell is that thing a meat hook. It's currently meatier than my c line fd3 and I don't know what the hell is going on with it. The damn thing feels like it has zero glide and just dumps before I can get any straight flight out of it.

The only Getaway I have is Lucid. I totally agree though that it is SUPER beefy. I just read this thread today and seen that others have more luck with Fuzion and BioFuzion so I might pick one of those up. I like Escapes and Saints, but they'll get flippy on me from time to time. More so the Escapes.

The only Getaway I have is Lucid. I totally agree though that it is SUPER beefy. I just read this thread today and seen that others have more luck with Fuzion and BioFuzion so I might pick one of those up. I like Escapes and Saints, but they'll get flippy on me from time to time. More so the Escapes.

Getaway is a really consistent mold for me. Flatter Fuzions fly maybe a touch less OS than Lucids and domey Fuzions, but they are still really similar. We're talking small, incremental differences. Not different enough to warrant bagging both.

If you want one that will fly with some noticeable turn, the answer is to buy a Biofuzion that is around 5g-10g less than your usual disc weight. Out of the box it will only be a little less stable than a heavier lucid, but within a month you should see Bio plastic start to beat in.

For reference, I typically bag 3 Getaways, although I sometimes pull the most beat one out for a fresh Stag instead:
166g Bio - been in the bag basically since the mold was released. Super beat and workable.
171 Bio - bagged off and on for a total of roughly a year. Has significant, noticeable turn but still consistently fights back with a strong Thunderbird-style fade.
172g SE Blend or 170g Fuzion - Hand-feel is a bit different, with the SE being pretty flat and the Fuzion being domey. But other than that these two are fairly interchangeable.

The Bio Getaway I had was super beefy and seemed to have little glide. We just didn't get along, mostly on my part. I tried beating that thing in but just got tired of trying lol. I ended up going back to my Saint/Saint pro combo.

Played yesterday for the first time in a while. My fuzion burst getaway was the star of my bag. So comfortable in the hand, can rip on it and not fear of turning too far (although I get a slight turn when ripped flat). Consistent fade without being dumpy. Threw a 300 foot laser beam about 8 feet off the ground that never wavered more than 10 feet laterally all the way through to the ground. It was a beauty to just watch that thing float straight down the tunnel fairway.

I find the getaway has great glide and good stability without being dumpy or a meathook for me.

Any opinions on which Getaway plastic provides the best grip?

That's really a personal preference but Biofuzion is pretty sweet. It also beats in the fastest though. I always prefer Lucid but it's not grippiest.

Yeah, grippiness is somewhat subjective and I don't feel like there is a huge difference in grip between Lucid/Fuzion/Biofuzion. Lucid is marginally less tacky, but the gap is much smaller than the gap between Champion and Star plastics.

Hmm, okay, thanks guys. Yeah, I'm looking for tacky/grippiness. I love the Getaway and have a Fuzion. I had no problems with it until a few weeks ago when the summer heat started kicking in and my hands were sweating profusely. I was still able to grip my ESP/Discraft plastic okay, but the Fuzion felt very slick and my thumb was sliding right off. According to DD's website, Fuzion is supposed to be more grippy than Lucid.

ESP is some of the slickest premium plastic imo. Fuzion or Bio feels like a stiffer Innova Pro to me. With how hot it's been up here nothing has been grippy with my sweaty hands.

ESP is some of the slickest premium plastic imo. Fuzion or Bio feels like a stiffer Innova Pro to me. With how hot it's been up here nothing has been grippy with my sweaty hands.

Haha, that's how I feel about Fuzion now, at least after the sweaty hands test within the last few weeks.

I hear ya. Maybe I should switch over to DX/Pro D plastic during July and August here.

Hmm, okay, thanks guys. Yeah, I'm looking for tacky/grippiness. I love the Getaway and have a Fuzion. I had no problems with it until a few weeks ago when the summer heat started kicking in and my hands were sweating profusely. I was still able to grip my ESP/Discraft plastic okay, but the Fuzion felt very slick and my thumb was sliding right off. According to DD's website, Fuzion is supposed to be more grippy than Lucid.

I'm a sweaty hands kind of guy. So when it's hot and humid I can't grip any premium plastic well. Not ESP, Ti, Champ, Star, Fuzion, Lucid...nothing. Only baseline plastics still come out clean. Thankfully for my disc golf game, I now live in a dry climate so it hasn't been an issue for me this summer. But I empathize with you!

I've fallen in love with this disc all over again. I set it aside once because I wanted to minimize molds and once beacuse for whatever reason that I don't know the Dynamic brand doesn't appeal to me. I've tried other similar discs like the Vulture, Anax, PD and wanted to love them but great as they are it's not the same. I do actually have one Thunderbird that I love, but the rest of the Thunderbirds doesn't fly nearly as good.

Every single Getaway that I have owned have flown awesome right out of the box, far and predictable. I can mash these things up to 130m on demand which is not much less than my Destroyers and Wraiths, but the accuracy in both calm and windy conditions is twice as good. I can shape shots in the woods with it and it can handle wind on an open course, FH and BH.

I'm a wee bit drunk and thus this is but a drunken mans homage, but if you haven't already, give this disc a chance. I really think it's underrated.

Are the burst Getaways more OS?

Yes and no. The Getaway's PLH is higher, and thus stability increased, on discs that are extra domey. The burst Getaways that I've owned where generally on the domey end of the spectrum, but not any more so than my First Run Lucid was.

Like most Trilogy discs, Lucid-X is noticeably more OS than Lucid/Fuzion/Burst Fuzion. Lucid/Fuzion/Burst Fuzion are all pretty darn similar to each other, but you may be able to find one that is a half tick more stable if you get an extra domey one. Then Biofuzion flies like a beat-in Getaway right off the shelf.

Do I see a consensus that domey Getaways fly more OS than flat Getaways? Just got $9.99 Amazon steals on a domey pink 173g Fuzion Getaway, flatter pink 173g Fuzion Escape, and a domey yellow 173g Fuzion Raider. Never thrown any of these molds. Couldn't resist snagging one of each at that price. I probably have 20 thundys and the Getaway is domier than all of them. Interested to see how it stacks up.

Last edited:
Do I see a consensus that domey Getaways fly more OS than flat Getaways? Just got $9.99 Amazon steals on a domey pink 173g Fuzion Getaway, flatter pink 173g Fuzion Escape, and a domey yellow 173g Fuzion Raider. Never thrown any of these molds. Couldn't resist snagging one of each at that price. I probably have 20 thundys and the Getaway is domier than all of them. Interested to see how it stacks up.

My getaways and escapes are all domier than any of my thunderbirds too. I think unless it's in one of the X plastics, the getaways have been a little less OS than a new thunderbird. The old lucid x are really nice. The new hybrid x were extremely overstable.

Domey lucid escapes had a little more stability than I was expecting, so I wouldn't be surprised if flatter ones were more understable based on some of the reviews I've read.

Latest posts