• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Getting a new bag need feedback!

Dz Miller

I plan on getting a new bag I'm looking at the gb kong or fade tourney. I would like to see the gb in person but I haven't came across one! I know there's post about both but any suggestions? Looking for a long term bag!

For longevity, Gorilla Boy will last long period. How many discs are you looking to carry? I like the new features on the Silverback a lot. Kongs seem rather large for everyday rounds. I'd equate Silverback closer to the tourney bag in terms of size, but the SB having alot more storage room, higher quality, and just all around top-notch.

Speaking of which, I need to order a Chimp.

If you play often and want the bag to last more than 2-3 years get the GB. My old fade looked ok after 1 year and not so good after 2. My GB looks brand new after 1 year.

Long term? Gorilla Boy, no doubt about it.

Gorilla Boy > Fade hands down. I have had bad experiences with fade. GB bags are pretty much indestructible.

Yep, Gorilla Boy is, pardon the expression, absolutely tits. I've got a Spider Monkey that I've abused fairly well for almost a year, and it's as good as day one. No wear/tear, nothing. I've got a Silverback on the way, can't wait. :)

My only (minor) beef with GB is that they can't make their bags fast enough to keep up with demand! :)

Personally I want a gb but I haven't seen one I want a kong! I know all about fade but I just don't feel the bag is me but nobody around carries a gb so its hard too buy without seeing with my own eyes! I'm looking to carry 20 disc max but need room for sweats and whatever have a innova standard now way way too small for me!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean. I bought a GB sight unseen (after agonizing over the decision for a while) and I couldn't be happier with what I got.

i went from a fade tourney to a kong. i used the tourney quite a bit. i love the dual drink holders, inner pockets and everything it has. i really dont have a complaint about it, other than it isnt very 'structurally' sound.

the kong i have now...wow, even bigger pockets and MUCH more shape to it with the inner bracing. if you are a do it yourselfer, i might even suggest getting a fade and putting in your own pvc form. i would only do this if you want something that is still dam good, just at a cheaper price