• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glaring omission in the top 10

MrHighlandPark

Par Member
I've played four of the current top 10 courses - Blue Ribbon (#3), Highbridge (#4 & 5), and Tyler #9. These are all fantastic courses, but I'd have a real tough time ranking any of them over Maple Hill. I bet there isn't a ton of overlap between the reviewers who have played a Minnesota course and those who have played a Massachusetts course, so it's not necessarily the same grading scale.

This is obviously just my opininon about Maple Hill being the #1 underrated course. Does anybody else have other picks?

Martin and Valk kid, would be good ones to voice their opinions on this, also mashnut. always good to see what people that have played in different areas think.

Maple Hill is up at the top of my list, above BRP, Tyler and Granite Ridge and about even with Blueberry but probably edging ahead due to the multiple layouts. It's easily in my top 5 out of 635 played, got a 5 rating from me.

It's only .01 points out of 10th I think. Not like its way back there. One more 5 and its in

We all know the Top 10 isn't solely about quality but how much people like them. New Englanders may be more conservative in their reviews.

Maple Hill is one of my favorite courses, probably my #1. I haven't played as many courses as some of the guys on here, but I know something special when I play it.

We all know the Top 10 isn't solely about quality but how much people like them. New Englanders may be more conservative in their reviews.
You designed Highbridge, right? I unfortunately only had one day to spend there this time around. I can't wait to return for several days at some point in the future and play all of the courses on that beautiful property. If only it were closer to an airport!

Haven't played there but I made an online order from Marshall Street and I got a DVD of a tournament held at Maple Hill for free. The course does look like a lot of fun and I hope to make it there someday.

Yep. No close airfield to get there but fly into a bigger market airport and drive some distance (unless you have a private plane). Of course, flying into the Twin Cities gives you access to our courses besides driving to Highbridge on the same trip.

Road Trip plan: Fly into MSP, play BRP, Bryant, Kaposia at the minimum then drive to the Stevens Point area and play Standing Rocks drive North to find Sandy Point then NW to Highbridge. After that you could head back to MSP and fly home or you could go to Duluth-Superior and play both courses at Mont du Lac before heading up to Giant's Ridge.

I believe about three years ago, Maple Hill was battling with Idlewild and Flip for the top spot. It may have been on top some days.

Played Sugaree (again) today. About to give it a 5 and try to push it towards the top ten. Tough, because I haven't played any of the current top ten. But that just gives me all the more reason to plan some new roadtrips

Played Sugaree (again) today. About to give it a 5 and try to push it towards the top ten. Tough, because I haven't played any of the current top ten. But that just gives me all the more reason to plan some new roadtrips

Lucky dog.

I've played four of the current top 10 courses - Blue Ribbon (#3), Highbridge (#4 & 5), and Tyler #9. These are all fantastic courses, but I'd have a real tough time ranking any of them over Maple Hill. I bet there isn't a ton of overlap between the reviewers who have played a Minnesota course and those who have played a Massachusetts course, so it's not necessarily the same grading scale.

This is obviously just my opininon about Maple Hill being the #1 underrated course. Does anybody else have other picks?

I have played Maple Hill, it is a great course, but not sure it is a top 10.
This looks like homeboy bias from a guy who needs to travel.

I put maple hill around number 5 on my list, (if i actually had one)above Tyler and brp, highbridge wins as a complex,

Sounds familiar :)

Maple Hill is up at the top of my list, above BRP, Tyler and Granite Ridge and about even with Blueberry but probably edging ahead due to the multiple layouts. It's easily in my top 5 out of 635 played, got a 5 rating from me.

I think it was better than Deer Lakes which is in the Top 10.

I found your problem, the course is too long for Dave 242 :\

Last edited:
I think it was better than Deer Lakes which is in the Top 10.

I agree, although it depends a little on what you're in the mood for. Maple Hill seems to anger a small % of reviewers who go and lose half their bag in the water, so that might be why it's out of the top ten.

Latest posts