• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Glitch 1 7 0 0 The Gyro P/A & Catch Lid

the ion 150 class has no trouble taming the wind and you really couldnt even tell it was a 150 unless someone told you

im thinkin tomorrow will be the day i at least fling it around a bit even if its not a course

i figure worst comes to worst its my catch frisbee to stash in my car or a trick disc to show off when i throw with aim or wolfhaley

I bag the glitch but as it has been documented by most, it doesn't come out often for me during rounds. Sometimes I will pull it out for C2+, sometimes I use it for when I just can't get a full throwing motion and need something low and floaty to get some distance.

But at the end of the day the most joy this disc brings is when throwing with friends and family. It's just super fun to throw even with wind around.

I bag the glitch but as it has been documented by most, it doesn't come out often for me during rounds. Sometimes I will pull it out for C2+, sometimes I use it for when I just can't get a full throwing motion and need something low and floaty to get some distance.

But at the end of the day the most joy this disc brings is when throwing with friends and family. It's just super fun to throw even with wind around.

this is an odd comparison but it seems like the glitch will fill a spot that i used a beat 150 dx stingray for

this is an odd comparison but it seems like the glitch will fill a spot that i used a beat 150 dx stingray for

I feel that. Sometimes I used to use a paradox for that kind of shot. It was a pretty floaty disc that was super straight at low speeds. But the difference is the glitch is not nearly is twitchy as the paradox was.

glitch has a surprising amount of hss

i only got a handful of throws in on light wooded (for my standards) course

pretty fun disc and cheater distance

im not sure i "need" it but i want to try it in some heavy woods and see the carving ability

either way mvp putters are the best and this is a nice offering

Yup don't expect natural flip up or turn out of a glitch at low speeds. It will hit whatever line you put it on up to 200' of power and stays stable much further if you are smooth with it.

I had the pleasure of playing with the owner/designer of a nearby course and long story short he schooled me using just a Glitch and a Falk.

Got me thinking about ordering up a Glitch for some practice if nothing else. Do you all reckon it would make a better teaching tool than a Comet or DX Roc or random old neutral putter?

I had the pleasure of playing with the owner/designer of a nearby course and long story short he schooled me using just a Glitch and a Falk.

Got me thinking about ordering up a Glitch for some practice if nothing else. Do you all reckon it would make a better teaching tool than a Comet or DX Roc or random old neutral putter?

Meh it's a fun disc either way especially if you play short courses. Training wise I think a lot of us have wondered about it as a tool. It definitely tunes in release angles and it it fully capable of long flights so you "should" be able to throw it pretty far if you are smooth. I find it goes too straight though.

Now a glitch with a Comet is a pretty awesome practice set. I've been doing that for a while and I've been extra sore so it's nice to have the glitch for some Standstill stuff. I can still hobble out a fun round and get worthwhile practice in. It tracks exactly as I release it, it helped me identify some late snap. Did I say it is fun?

Nothing else is a comet, venerably

Nothing else is a glitch, truly

Last edited:
< Spoiler Alert: Likely Unpopular View follows...>

Sold mine along with a bunch of old discs at a PIAS yesterday.

It was OK in my experience, but it was way too transparent about showing my OAT. Can I blame a piece of plastic for that? Yeah, why not - at least I can sleep at night without that thing sitting in my fieldwork box mocking me...

Honestly, it didn't do anything my Rekos or Uplinks don't already cover for me on the course. I love the idea of warmups with a catch disc, but I almost always play alone.

So in addition to my OATy form, I have no friends.

And my views about the Glitch are unlikely to win me any here....

Meh. If it's not bringing you joy, then sell it along.

I understand getting grumpy with it in field work. It can be a good training tool, but it's also not going to teach things like driver nose angles.

The only thing it sounds like you didn't do was consider keeping it around as a catch disc. My family plays enough frolf we like the glitch over an ultrastar for catch. But I'm sure others would much prefer catch with a lid.

Meh. If it's not bringing you joy, then sell it along.

I understand getting grumpy with it in field work. It can be a good training tool, but it's also not going to teach things like driver nose angles.

The only thing it sounds like you didn't do was consider keeping it around as a catch disc. My family plays enough frolf we like the glitch over an ultrastar for catch. But I'm sure others would much prefer catch with a lid.

thats kinda my thoughts too especially with the durable plastic and reinforced rim would make an excellent beater catch disc

i really think ultimate players would love the glitch as an easy crossover mold to learn and throw

i really think ultimate players would love the glitch as an easy crossover mold to learn and throw

Can confirm. My buddy who is an ultimate crossover absolutely depends on the glitch for a lot of throws.

For me it's just not that dependable/fits my throwing style as well. There are still clear scenario's on the course where I unquestionably reach for the glitch. But maybe less than a handful of times where my buddy is looking for any opportunity to throw it.

The thing I like about it from a lid perspective is the amazing distance. No matter how clean or hyzer I throw my whitler it has a max range that's half of the glitch. The zephyr can be done but it's clunky where the glitch is effortless... and the glitch fits in my bag easily.

My on course usage of the glitch averages about 3-5 shots per round for 27 holes. It straddles a thin line between toy and disc.

The thing I like about it from a lid perspective is the amazing distance. No matter how clean or hyzer I throw my whitler it has a max range that's half of the glitch. The zephyr can be done but it's clunky where the glitch is effortless... and the glitch fits in my bag easily.

My on course usage of the glitch averages about 3-5 shots per round for 27 holes. It straddles a thin line between toy and disc.

Whitler outperforms the Glitch inside 100' IMO. That said along with the ability to fit in your bag better, it also fits/stays in the basket better too. I would be more likely to put my glitch in the bag than put the whitler back in.

Whitler has a soft spot for me. I know I am not the only whitler ace, but I may have the only whitler wedgie ace. :\

Whitler outperforms the Glitch inside 100' IMO. That said along with the ability to fit in your bag better, it also fits/stays in the basket better too. I would be more likely to put my glitch in the bag than put the whitler back in.

Whitler has a soft spot for me. I know I am not the only whitler ace, but I may have the only whitler wedgie ace. :\

Ha nice, I have some tone aces with a whitler but have never got it to stick in the basket, it just boiwonks out. I always have a soft spot for those. I have a hard plastic proto I throw, has a touch extra stability.. also ended up with a few Guru Glenn protos when Matt cleaned out his closet a year and a half ago. I've been meaning to get him to sign one. Glenn that is is, or sign his HOF.. I have Matt's sig on a esp le comet already... good memories there.

It's a disc I also love but I just can't give it bag space, between its cumbersome size, inability to penetrate chains and it's ability to eat two discs at a time, the glitch just scratches the lid itch better.

Last edited:
i love the glitch

i used it for all putter shots and approaches today

sure its not a wind tamer disc

but rollin with fresh ion beat ion and glitch all my putter shots are covered

its so damm fun to throw and effortless

i wish mvp made this 10 years ago

i love the glitch

i used it for all putter shots and approaches today

sure its not a wind tamer disc

but rollin with fresh ion beat ion and glitch all my putter shots are covered

its so damm fun to throw and effortless

i wish mvp made this 10 years ago

I was almost hoping this was going to be a rant :D. How does it compare to your 150 stingray?

The glitch may be the best evidence that "gyro" really does exist.

I was almost hoping this was going to be a rant :D. How does it compare to your 150 stingray?

The glitch may be the best evidence that "gyro" really does exist.

way moar predictable and accurate and you can lean into it moar to get extra d

glitch is cheater mode with a little wrist snap in a woods jail type situation

it floats for days and the hss is the best part that it doesnt turn and burn

i could probably get away with putting with it in the upper midwest but if i was in kcmo or texas there is no way it would work with the wind and also in general it hits the chains lightly

i wasnt sold on the disc at first but once i finally played a well wooded round i can see its beauty

Just threw my 172g proton soft Ohm twice.

My completely premature impression is it's what I wanted the Glitch to be. Unbelievably, it seems to glide a tiny bit better than a neutron Ohm and maintains great torque resistance.

Just sayin.......carry on with your Glitch love.

found a good use for my glitch :)

dgxf70.jpg

Latest posts