• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Glitch 1 7 0 0 The Gyro P/A & Catch Lid

I fell into the hype and was more excited about this disc than any other release. Testing it out today, its not the disc for me

It flys like a 1/7/-4/0. Even the gentle throws, it flips right over. I video'd myself and saw i was releasing flat before it would flip right over on barely any power.
Im a decent short game player. I usually finish top 25% in my glow par 3 league. This disc just doesnt work for me. Ill stick with my Berg and Envy. This is not a disc golf disc

Very interesting. What was the weight on yours? Mine is 154g and I didn't ever see it flip over, and that was with wind. You might have a lot more power than I do, which would explain.

Very interesting. What was the weight on yours? Mine is 154g and I didn't ever see it flip over, and that was with wind. You might have a lot more power than I do, which would explain.

Screw him!!!! :D .. "... Berg and Envy." It is not that type of disc. A lid doesn't go far, has a max distance/speed rating and takes a very straight arm locked wrist, throwing a lid is a weird skill.. Let me tell you about the whitler...

Seriously.. Tell me more about your experience haha.

How is it for turns within 20'? If you pop a hard anhyzer at 20' can you get it to turn 10'? Does it hold height on a steep anhyzer?

You say it doesn't like a nose up anny... which is exactly how I would bed a lid.. (Haha bend..) Are you telling me you can't spin the crap out of it and get that floating anhyzer turn? Did you get much Elevator action in the wind?

How does it feel to be my favourite celebrity for a day?

Last edited:
I've been throwing a lot of zephyrs lately in lighter weights and was hoping this would be similar. The glitch is not as accessible for family friendly tossing but still fun to throw.

I got a 143g black SE glitch and tossed it with the family for an hour. Really wind resistant for the light weight and hits a second gear when tossing it far. Forehands worked well and I did have a few backhands drift right but not turn into a roller.

I'd argue that this is a great disc for catch at a good distance of 100-200. This is when the gyro effect was starting to slow the speed down and not smack your hand.

The big benefit I can see is that it is a quasi catch disc that's a normal putter diameter and can fit in your bag all the time, while still being a great golf disc. This is all my thoughts after just an hour though and I'm really looking forward to trying it on the course. I'm an mvp fanboy though, so I may be biased.

Max. Weight. Glitch.

:popcorn:

If it doesn't have a Neo stamp I'll boycott

as a comet - stratus - zeppelin fan, I very am very interested. I'm not one to go all ape-sh!t on new molds. case in point: the "newest" mold in my bag (not including the ts esp stratus and '19 MJ comet, which are just new flavors of OLD molds) is an ace race heat. but I'm probably going to pick one of these up.

Had a pile of discs to trade in and walked away with these. The orange one scaled in at 154 the special editions are both 147. Got too dark to toss them tonight. I have pitch and putt calling my name tomorrow. My son claimed the white one so I guess it's pink and orange for me!

Attachments

• 0085F658-DEF3-4C6B-8249-87CE0D5E60C5.jpg
    0085F658-DEF3-4C6B-8249-87CE0D5E60C5.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 64
Max. Weight. Glitch.

:popcorn:

If it doesn't have a Neo stamp I'll boycott

It's approved for 174g... but careful what you wish for it will probably be as legendary as a champion XD or Z Putt'r/Cyclone

:D I approve of the Neo stamp!!!

... and for a second I thought I read "Max weight Clutch..." haha

No Nice For You!!!

Last edited:
Screw him!!!! :D .. "... Berg and Envy." It is not that type of disc. A lid doesn't go far, has a max distance/speed rating and takes a very straight arm locked wrist, throwing a lid is a weird skill.. Let me tell you about the whitler...

Seriously.. Tell me more about your experience haha.

How is it for turns within 20'? If you pop a hard anhyzer at 20' can you get it to turn 10'? Does it hold height on a steep anhyzer?

You say it doesn't like a nose up anny... which is exactly how I would bed a lid.. (Haha bend..) Are you telling me you can't spin the crap out of it and get that floating anhyzer turn? Did you get much Elevator action in the wind?

How does it feel to be my favourite celebrity for a day?

Stay tuned. I didn't have more than lunch break to throw a few holes on a 9-hole, but I'll get your throws tomorrow. I did not try a high anhyzer. I definitely need more throws, but it sort of seemed to fly straight even if released on anhyzer. Hyzer woukd flip up, but anhyzer didn't go right much. Height will help.

It's approved for 174g... but careful what you wish for it will probably be as legendary as a champion XD or Z Putt'r/Cyclone

:D I approve of the Neo stamp!!!

... and for a second I thought I read "Max weight Clutch..." haha

No Nice For You!!!

Holy hell were Z Cyclones awful. Anything will be better than the ESP Rattlers in my closet:sick:

FSOT: 6 ESP Rattlers...

I think the wind yesterday was jacking with my results. Buttery nonstop turnovers today. Inside 20' I didn't notice anything special, but I'm not a fan of putting with the soft/thin top. Yes to elevator action in the wind, but not terrible, and nly on longer throws.

Had about 20 tosses in the field today. Both discs are 147. First throws little head wind so I tossed them with a little hyzer nice and smooth they popped up I panicked thinking I'd hit my neighbors garage but it held straight. Took a few throws to dial it in from there. I can already see this being useful both on and off the course. Had an impatient six year old hounding me to chase him so I gave in and the glitch can wait. So far I'm seriously smitten. Some times discs just make me urge to get to the course this will give me sleepless nights til I can manage to hit the course.

Last edited:
Finally got to my local pitch and putt. Dead nuts straight is what the glitch likes to do. It's taking me some effort to dial in which makes sense, but man when I get a great throw it's fun who watch just float slowly drifting in the air straight and then almost no fade. Quite the disc, once I dial in the power requirements for my throw I can see this becoming as useful for me as my berg. The berg comes out almost every hole most rounds. This antiberg is going to be a solid one two punch with the berg for approaches. plan to hit the bigger course this week to help it make its way into the bag, it's earned the spot now time to build confidence. For me and what I've thrown this year easily disc of the year.

Grabbed a 145g SE, heaviest one available. Threw it a couple times each FH and BH. Kinda fun and very glidey BH, kinda worthless for my FH.

Maybe lids and me don't click.

I grabbed a 143 and a 152. When they pulled the order it was noticed that the 152 as actually 144. :doh: So now I only have a 143 coming.

Hopefully my disappointment is tempered by an awesome flying disc

i want but i want max weight

hopefully a homie will have one that i can try before i make the commitment

Received a 150g Glitch yesterday. Took it out for a round and some field throws this morning.

First thing's first. The Glitch is not a Lid in the purest sense. By contrast, a Polecat has a completely flat nose. The Glitch's nose has an ever so slightly concaved wing that isn't too unlike the Pilot's shape, only it's less drastic of a bevel, as the rim itself is thinner, being that it is a 1 speed as opposed to a 2 speed. Height wise, the Glitch is very much identical to a Pilot, with a slight shoulder and flat top.

Pilot on left, Glitch on right:
JLJW0w1.jpg

In flight, the Glitch has no fade whatsoever, which isn't too unexpected being that it is a 1 speed. What I was surprised by however, was that it is also very high speed stable considering its lightweight and neutral nature. Other low speed discs with no fade like a Zeppelin or Polecat have a proclivity to demonstrate a subtle turn throughout their flight when thrown truly flat. The Glitch however, has an impressive combination of high speed stability that keeps it pushing straight, as well as having no fade at all. This disc is truly angle sensitive. It will hold the slightly hyzer, with a super long and exaggerated pushing hyzer, as well as the slightest anhyzer. Being that it is so slow and gildey, it will never turn and burn, or have a harsh fade into the ground.

My best throws with the glitch were powered down to about 20-30% power, giving it adequate height work with, throwing it completely flat, and watching it slowly glide to around 250-270 feet. It nearly approaches my Pilots, which I can get out to 280-300 feet. I've never been a fan or believer in the gyro tech, but I do tend to think it's more beneficial the slower the disc is. All my favorite MVP discs are either mids are putters. The Glitch might be the best use of Gyro yet, who knows. I'd like to see MVP take the idea even further, and come up with a Gyro-X Glitch in Fission plastic or something.

I haven't found a practical use for it yet during a round. It could be a very touchy turnover disc, but I'm already hitting all my angles comfortably with a Neutron Pilot. It could definitely be used to pure tight wooded gaps with the most soft of throws, but at the same time it also needs some height do do so.

Putting wise, I'm not a fan. I anhyzer putt my Pilots from 40 to 80 feet, and I work their natural tendency to eventually fade out of some forced angle. The Glitch won't fight out of any angle, so it doesn't suit my game.

This disc is very fun to watch fly, and I'll definitely use it to warm up by playing catch with friends before rounds. What I may ultimately use it for is reworking my form. Since I can make it fly so far with so little effort, it will probably become my best tool to smooth out the first half of my pull-through, because as of right now, I'm pulling a little too hard too early, and my head rotates forward too fast, not giving the arm adequate time to completely enter a power pocket.

Received a 150g Glitch yesterday. Took it out for a round and some field throws this morning.

First thing's first. The Glitch is not a Lid in the purest sense. By contrast, a Polecat has a completely flat nose. The Glitch's nose has an ever so slightly concaved wing that isn't too unlike the Pilot's shape, only it's less drastic of a bevel, as the rim itself is thinner, being that it is a 1 speed as opposed to a 2 speed. Height wise, the Glitch is very much identical to a Pilot, with a slight shoulder and flat top.

Pilot on left, Glitch on right:
JLJW0w1.jpg

In flight, the Glitch has no fade whatsoever, which isn't too unexpected being that it is a 1 speed. What I was surprised by however, was that it is also very high speed stable considering its lightweight and neutral nature. Other low speed discs with no fade like a Zeppelin or Polecat have a proclivity to demonstrate a subtle turn throughout their flight when thrown truly flat. The Glitch however, has an impressive combination of high speed stability that keeps it pushing straight, as well as having no fade at all. This disc is truly angle sensitive. It will hold the slightly hyzer, with a super long and exaggerated pushing hyzer, as well as the slightest anhyzer. Being that it is so slow and gildey, it will never turn and burn, or have a harsh fade into the ground.

My best throws with the glitch were powered down to about 20-30% power, giving it adequate height work with, throwing it completely flat, and watching it slowly glide to around 250-270 feet. It nearly approaches my Pilots, which I can get out to 280-300 feet. I've never been a fan or believer in the gyro tech, but I do tend to think it's more beneficial the slower the disc is. All my favorite MVP discs are either mids are putters. The Glitch might be the best use of Gyro yet, who knows. I'd like to see MVP take the idea even further, and come up with a Gyro-X Glitch in Fission plastic or something.

I haven't found a practical use for it yet during a round. It could be a very touchy turnover disc, but I'm already hitting all my angles comfortably with a Neutron Pilot. It could definitely be used to pure tight wooded gaps with the most soft of throws, but at the same time it also needs some height do do so.

Putting wise, I'm not a fan. I anhyzer putt my Pilots from 40 to 80 feet, and I work their natural tendency to eventually fade out of some forced angle. The Glitch won't fight out of any angle, so it doesn't suit my game.

This disc is very fun to watch fly, and I'll definitely use it to warm up by playing catch with friends before rounds. What I may ultimately use it for is reworking my form. Since I can make it fly so far with so little effort, it will probably become my best tool to smooth out the first half of my pull-through, because as of right now, I'm pulling a little too hard too early, and my head rotates forward too fast, not giving the arm adequate time to completely enter a power pocket.

your pics are amazing

I threw my 144 in yesterdays big wind. 15mph sustained with regular 25mph gusts.

Into the head wind, in a totally open part of the course, I was not impressed. Turned over hard. When I threw it back to the tee in a tailwind....wow! I added probably 80 feet to cover the 250 of that hole and I did that with little power and it went straight!

I threw it some in the woods with some cover from the wind and it shined a bit more. Straight 200 foot shots no problem. Shots where I need to turnover and use an Uplink, just threads the needle instead of taking the anny route.

I have a 175 foot hole that has a 45 degree grade to it and I throw a Blizzard Zephyr on it. Ran the same up the middle line that I use the Zephyr for but did it without any drift that the Zephyr likes to do. The very next hole is a downhill hyzer shot that I use the Zephyr for and park regularly. The Uplink wasn't having any of that. It flattened out from my hyzer release went totally straight and buried itself in the rough.

The last tee shot I used it on is a 275 foot downhill shot. Oh and it starts wide open, but has a tunnel form up about halfway down. I use the Zephyr here too. Normally Zeph is let loose on the right side of the tunnel with the hope that it will drift to the left where the pin is. Sometimes it does and lands in C1. Sometimes it T-Rex's it's way through trees until something finally stops it. The Glitch just went right where I pointed it.

The Glitch has me scared that it will take my Zephyr's job. Around these parts I'm known for using the Zephyr to do silly stuff. It's part of my identity as a disc golfer. If I take it out I'll have to start going to therapy. :eek:

tldr; Glitch goes really straight. Can do things that a Zephyr can do. Basically a straight flying cheat code.

Latest posts