• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Glitch 1 7 0 0 The Gyro P/A & Catch Lid

I threw and putted with mine a bit yesterday. Not sure what to think. Yes, it's really neat. But, it goes a bit farther than I expected, and i cannot putt accurately with it. I may try it for longer putts needing more glide for a bit. Also, there are sustained annys I need to do that a heavier putter won't hold for me. We will see.

I played a full round today at my local course using only the Glitch. My closing thoughts on the Glitch very much mirror my initial impressions of it.

I don't think it's a good golf disc, and I don't see much use for it (at least for my game), outside maybe a very niche situation once in a blue moon. However I still think the Glitch would be an incredible training/practice disc, and a great catch disc/warmup disc.

If I had to describe the Glitch in only two words, it would be this: Brutally Honest

As I said before, I don't think I've come across a disc that's so dead straight, with absolutely no added fade or added turn to it. It has all the high speed stability to keep it pushing forward with no drift to it, yet it has no fade whatsoever. Naturally, these flight characteristics will change in very windy conditions. The disc will glide out on a frozen rope, never deviating even inches from its flight, when thrown flat. It will also hold the most subtle of hyzers or anhyzers if you throw it on one. It will show you exactly what angle you're releasing, it will tell you if you're throwing too low or too high, and it will also tell you if you're throwing too hard or not cleanly enough, as it just won't go as far. This is a great disc to show anybody what tendencies they have in their throws, for good or bad. It's also a great disc to work on your timing and smoothness in your form.

As far as actual golfing, because the disc has no inherent fade or turn to it, I found very minimal use out of it. There are cases in which you might want a very low effort slow, floaty and laser straight flight, but I honestly couldn't find much use out of the Glitch that I could get with a beat-in Pilot, or a powered down flippy mid.

There's very little shot shaping with the Glitch. You can't put it on extreme anhzyers to pan out, or you can't put it on slight flexes, or you can't hyzer-flip it. It just likes to keep the angle you put it on. In that same vein, I didn't find much use out of it for touchy get out of jail type shots like I would with something overly flippy that would flip up and ride more to my intended target. A beat-up DX Polecat works way better in this instance.

Approaches are its weakest aspect (IMHO of course). You have to have deadly aim to get it going at the basket, otherwise it's just going sail left or right on whatever line you put it on. Believe it or not, I also came up quite a bit short on little finesse hyzer approaches to the basket, where I would otherwise come up closer to the basket with something that flips up slightly.

Having inherent fade is very much a good thing I find for golf, because it gives you a consistent finish that helps mask super subtle mistakes in your release and line. This boils over in circle 2 putting as well. I found myself chaining out on the right-most chains of the basket, forgetting that the Glitch won't fade in like my Electron Pilot. You can't anhyzer flex putt it either to beat cross-wind conditions, because again it won't fight out of that forced turn.

To wrap it all up, the Glitch excels in what it does well, but otherwise is not something I would consider much of a tool for actual rounds. I will be using it over the next several months in the field though, to retool my form.

One: I really hate the Pilot. I am in shock that is shares any similarities to the Glitch. Granted, it's been awhile since I held a Pilot, but I don't remember it feeling nearly as deep as the Glitch. I have been playing catch and just playing around with my Glitch a lot. I picked up an Envy and Hex the other day from my stack and was surprised how differently they felt compared to the Glitch. It took me a moment to reorient to the thinner, heavier discs.

Two: I will say, while it's a really fun disc, it is definitely situational for me. I like putting with the Envy better than with the Glitch, and I like driving with the Envy better than the Glitch, but for approaches the Envy is so hard to power down properly and I think that's really where the Glitch Excels. Somewhere around that 100'-200' mark is where I think the Glitch is really going to do its best work on the course. It can go further, but I really think it's best right around 100-200, where other discs pick up anything further out or closer with better control. Yes, the little bit of fade with discs like an Envy (not Pilot because they're stupid), is sometimes helpful, but they also can blow by the basket easier, where the Glitch handles those distances really well.

One: I really hate the Pilot. I am in shock that is shares any similarities to the Glitch. Granted, it's been awhile since I held a Pilot, but I don't remember it feeling nearly as deep as the Glitch. I have been playing catch and just playing around with my Glitch a lot. I picked up an Envy and Hex the other day from my stack and was surprised how differently they felt compared to the Glitch. It took me a moment to reorient to the thinner, heavier discs.

It is a little taller/deeper in hand. The thinner rim exaggerates the slight difference in depth as well when it comes to hand feel.

Here are some rudimentary measurements (don't have a polecat on hand unfortunately):

Inner Rim Depth:

Envy: 14.29mm
Pilot: 14.68mm
Zeppelin: 15.08mm
Glitch: 15.48mm

Total height (including shoulder raise and/or dome):

Envy: 19.88mm
Pilot: 20.24mm
Glitch: 20.64mm
Zeppelin: 23.02mm

the more reviews, the more I want it

It's super fun just to play around with. I honestly can't say I'll use it a lot on the course, but where I will use it I think it's going to be awesome. Haven't really had a chance to play a round with it in my bag. Played a few holes with just it, and have played catch with it. The solo round went ok. Needless to say, it wasn't great with a 15 mph headwind on a 400' hole, but did pretty well on most of the others.

Oh man, I'm hoping tomorrow I get my Glitch in the mail.. :D been working out of town though, I'm hoping if I hustle home off the boat I can get 1/2 HR of dusk kinda sunlight and get a shot at it.

Some real interesting reviews of it so far. It just really makes me wonder if I will master it... or just be bitter it's only a catch disc too. Haha it will be like my glow squidgie at least a squidgie floats and people can walk away from a head hit...

Damn it will be a second rate catch disc if it's not baggage haha bag able. :D

Last edited:
Threw mine some more and agree with the twisted bird, fun disc to mess with but it will never find a spot in my bag, especially if it only comes in lighter weights. It's windy in Oklahoma and the Berg is a beautiful thing for most stuff 200' and shorter. Putted with it a little and it just rode right of the basket every time.

I played a full round today at my local course using only the Glitch. My closing thoughts on the Glitch very much mirror my initial impressions of it.

I don't think it's a good golf disc, and I don't see much use for it (at least for my game), outside maybe a very niche situation once in a blue moon. However I still think the Glitch would be an incredible training/practice disc, and a great catch disc/warmup disc.

If I had to describe the Glitch in only two words, it would be this: Brutally Honest

As I said before, I don't think I've come across a disc that's so dead straight, with absolutely no added fade or added turn to it. It has all the high speed stability to keep it pushing forward with no drift to it, yet it has no fade whatsoever. Naturally, these flight characteristics will change in very windy conditions. The disc will glide out on a frozen rope, never deviating even inches from its flight, when thrown flat. It will also hold the most subtle of hyzers or anhyzers if you throw it on one. It will show you exactly what angle you're releasing, it will tell you if you're throwing too low or too high, and it will also tell you if you're throwing too hard or not cleanly enough, as it just won't go as far. This is a great disc to show anybody what tendencies they have in their throws, for good or bad. It's also a great disc to work on your timing and smoothness in your form.

As far as actual golfing, because the disc has no inherent fade or turn to it, I found very minimal use out of it. There are cases in which you might want a very low effort slow, floaty and laser straight flight, but I honestly couldn't find much use out of the Glitch that I could get with a beat-in Pilot, or a powered down flippy mid.

There's very little shot shaping with the Glitch. You can't put it on extreme anhzyers to pan out, or you can't put it on slight flexes, or you can't hyzer-flip it. It just likes to keep the angle you put it on. In that same vein, I didn't find much use out of it for touchy get out of jail type shots like I would with something overly flippy that would flip up and ride more to my intended target. A beat-up DX Polecat works way better in this instance.

Approaches are its weakest aspect (IMHO of course). You have to have deadly aim to get it going at the basket, otherwise it's just going sail left or right on whatever line you put it on. Believe it or not, I also came up quite a bit short on little finesse hyzer approaches to the basket, where I would otherwise come up closer to the basket with something that flips up slightly.

Having inherent fade is very much a good thing I find for golf, because it gives you a consistent finish that helps mask super subtle mistakes in your release and line. This boils over in circle 2 putting as well. I found myself chaining out on the right-most chains of the basket, forgetting that the Glitch won't fade in like my Electron Pilot. You can't anhyzer flex putt it either to beat cross-wind conditions, because again it won't fight out of that forced turn.

To wrap it all up, the Glitch excels in what it does well, but otherwise is not something I would consider much of a tool for actual rounds. I will be using it over the next several months in the field though, to retool my form.

Interesting review.

I think some of this comes down to play preference here as well. Some players are straight at the basket style throwers, and straight is good.

But, with my initial throws, I think "brutally honest" is a good representation. All training style discs in my opinion should be that way, to teach you technique and control, not cover up bad form.

As for hyzer flips, I know it hyzer flips. I've not tried it yet. but.
https://youtu.be/HIPBYyoYX8Q

Josh had a bunch of people throw it and get hyzer flips out of it.

i'm going to push it a bit more tonight as well.

I love unique gimicky discs personally, so I wanna see how much I can push this thing. Then maybe i'll do a video on it.

I'm only able to hyzer flip it in very slight headwinds up to 5-7mph. Granted, I don't have the biggest arm ever, and I find my best throws with the Glitch are at around 30-40% power. My longest throws with it have been a small hyzer flip with plenty of height into a headwind that went for 271, and a flat release in a small tailwind that went for 283. Mine's 150g, maybe the 141g is a bit flippier.

I finally found a glitch local to me. I took it out today on very windy conditions due to Ian getting closer to us. Winds were about 15mph gusting up to 35. Anything under 200' and the glitch is what I'm reaching for (as long as there are no obstacles to get around). It is so straight and controllable. Even with the wind and thrown flat it just gently moves right and doesn't land far of center. I really ripped it for one throw and it turned the whole flight but didn't even end up being a cut roller. It's definitely a niche disc and not one I see myself relying on all the time but man it's nice to have it.

I finally found a glitch local to me. I took it out today on very windy conditions due to Ian getting closer to us. Winds were about 15mph gusting up to 35. Anything under 200' and the glitch is what I'm reaching for (as long as there are no obstacles to get around). It is so straight and controllable. Even with the wind and thrown flat it just gently moves right and doesn't land far of center. I really ripped it for one throw and it turned the whole flight but didn't even end up being a cut roller. It's definitely a niche disc and not one I see myself relying on all the time but man it's nice to have it.

I definitely turned mine over in a 15mph ish headwind where it almost became a roller, but I also don't have the best ultimate form when I'm trying to throw far. I agree with you though, 200, even with some wind, it drifts a bit just from getting pushed whichever way the wind is blowing, but as long as it has the spin, it otherwise stays on its line the whole way.

C2 putts were going down with relative ease for me and the glitch matty o style right at the basket. It made me look like I know what I'm doing. The 154 seems to like c2 and my 147s seem to like to float more so they are my throwers. The glitch has already all but replaced a couple putters in my bag for approaches and if I'm honest the envy proxy combo is in big trouble for my game. The course I ply mostly is just drives and approaches. So my putter drives are rare these days and mids aren't really needed. What is needed is a disc I can maneuver straight mostly. Been trying the berg/glitch combo for approaches and so far I'm not missing any other putter or approach disc from my bag. For my game this disc is a game changer. Getting older now so my game has to change relative to my new lack of power im sliding towards the fitness side vs power side and the glitch is helping tremendously.

I had a couple of 60' throw-ins with the Glitch this weekend. I've maybe had 3 in the entire past year with my normal putters and my Berg.

So far, the Glitch is close to what I hoped the Berg would be for me. It's still a little deeper than I'd prefer, so it's tricky to get a clean forehand release, but I do most of my approaching backhand anyway.

I had a couple of 60' throw-ins with the Glitch this weekend. I've maybe had 3 in the entire past year with my normal putters and my Berg.

So far, the Glitch is close to what I hoped the Berg would be for me. It's still a little deeper than I'd prefer, so it's tricky to get a clean forehand release, but I do most of my approaching backhand anyway.

Berg is indispensable for my approach game both BH and FH. Glitch is relatively worthless for FH and a one trick pony for BH (straight). Sample of one at 145g.

Berg is indispensable for my approach game both BH and FH. Glitch is relatively worthless for FH and a one trick pony for BH (straight). Sample of one at 145g.

With proper spin, Glitch holds the line you put it on. I've had some nice hyzer shots, and some less than nice because I messed them up anhyzer shots with it.

The Glitch really shows just how much I lack spin with my forehands. They come out wobbly and torque over real quickly. My backhands generate tons of clean spin by comparison, as I find the Glitch traveling frozen ropes for 250+ feet.

Good glitch news and bad glitch news.

Finally got it in the mail today, good news! Took a few throws (dozen) across the backyard from my temp catcher to a crap basket. It really feels like it will do that tight close anhyzer turn I have been craving from gyro. Holds height well. Got two great throw ins from 60'.... The rest were within 20' (except one). Putts like it's idiot proof but not wind proof, shades of Magic..

Bad news, I was wrangling a 78 new to me Vanguard Camper of Death and now it's too dark for an evening round.....

Good news.. I have all my digits and I'm alive with a sweet vintage disc golfin hotel for $500.

Last edited:
Don't have too much to add different from the consensus. Has putter HSS for me but finishes slow and floaty like a lid. Typical 0/0 turn/fade disc issues (doesn't hide angle errors left/right) because I suck haha. Used for a couple putts and I think I made them all. Undecided about throwing it in my first tournament ever, so probably shouldn't. Cool weird disc though :cool:

Well I was hoping to come here and tel you how much I love the glitch...... I like it well enough to have some fun but the jury's out.. Need more testing.

Ten quick thoughts though:
1) it goes straight, loves a little hyzer and nose up.
2) it tracks hard on the release point, it doesn't stall it just follows exactly if you snap it late. Like a little anhyzer means it comes out left (lhbh). It is not a flip up disc.
3) it is a ton of fun!!!
4) it could be amazing for beginners as a putter
5) the glide is all of 7 up short :D, holds height great
6) it is not a lid more like a less responsive Aviar/Whamo lovechild
7) it tracked straight downhill on hole 8 (60' drop 180' to pin #8) almost aced
8) it will screw your form up, it's too different
9) amazing upshot disc
10) damn thing was parked too often!

Latest posts