• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Glitch 1 7 0 0 The Gyro P/A & Catch Lid

Done plenty of glitch rounds and it's earned a spot in the bag for good. Been trying to hit a laser beam line about 220 with a 7 foot gap about 50 feet from the pin. I've been having tremendous luck with the glitch but the other day I pulled the proxy as I was thinking hmmm a more modern glitch may work here. Smashed chains and spit out, I never would have tried that line unless the glitch showed me the way. It's truly teaching me so much about not only my form but what's possible, not only with a glitch but it's reminding me what other discs shine at. Doubt that makes sense. It's early….

Anybody a fan of cotton candy?

Tossed it a few times before it got dark, pretty much what I expected. Fun disc to throw. I'm pretty comfortable jump putting from outside C2 and don't really take many standstill throw in runs but it may be a shot I start using.

Kinda funny, very first throw I thought wow this flies very similar to my ohm. Ohm has more distance potential and fade…I guess my point is the ohm has a lid like flight just as more traditional putter.

Attachments

• A3C6A17A-BA6C-44EF-A6FB-6FD880AE8605.jpg
    A3C6A17A-BA6C-44EF-A6FB-6FD880AE8605.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 53
I support your ohm love, grossly underrated. Grossly.... Damn good disc everything I thought gyro should be..

In glitch news though, haha, it's been a couple weeks, I think... got a lot of rounds in with it, almost as addictive as an uplink but for all the wrong reasons. It's just parked.

I need to get past my hyzer phase with it and trust it to not flip. I'm struggling with straight releases and getting the nose flat and flip flat. It's a very weird line to find. The problem for me is flat to turn bias... how can I get it "flat" without nose up or hyzer....

My answer so far is I can't. That particular angle is too touchy for a long bomb. The plus side is it fades at a glacial speed, leaving me within 20' when I should have been 40-50+ off line and hyzer. It autocorrects to straight. Does the same thing with a touch too much anhyzer. But too much and damn, its not coming back.

So really fun disc!!! Haha, it's nothing like I've ever wrangled before, the only thing close is a spin but the angles are. "Muted" .....

... but then you get up close and say damn I need some serious turn (hyzer or anny) and bam! Too soon, love putting some air under it and I would be real curious about a 145g or where me and analog orange are after a couple months. Crazy man, it finally does something "different" yet so "gyro" . Slow speed with stability... truly different, to throw and to learn.

The labelling of it as a "catch disc" is not accidental. Nor is calling it a golf disc. Nice to have approval on something you can play catch with (at obscene distance) or play on the course. It's a niche that we all wanted to see filled and they pulled it off.

Last edited:
I timed out haha... I forgot:

The!! Boomerang!!! Shot!!!

Who else had no friends and threw a frisbee in the air to themselves? No, it doesn't do that great... drops too fast.. but remember what you learned and that high altitude, fast turning, severe anny hook you threw with a wham-o?

Oh yeah the glitch delivers!!

I went to a different course yesterday which had some great holes to try the glitch. Several holes with an elevated tee in comparison to the basket and other holes that were flat but needed a straight shot.

One hole was nearly an ace run but clipped the last guardian tree right as it began to fade to the basket. On every shot where I needed something just dead straight and under 240' this was the disc to go to. I'm super impressed and really hope they come out with some 174g glitch's soon.

It's definitely complimentary to my throwing putters and hasn't kicked anything out of the bag, it just took a few of my touchy intermediate distance throws away from the envy's…which is great because I can do 85-100% pretty well and 50-60% pretty well but I struggle to get the 75% power stuff.

OK so I take it back. It's one of the few discs I can trust to more or less do what I wanted (Cobra, Roc, maybe Stingray) so it's going in my ever shrinking tourney bag.

I am also overcoming my "trust issues" with the glitch. Got some great "flat" throws this afternoon. It was losing height too fast but always straight and parked.

Well except for the couple times I went for a long crank and turned it over haha. Big advantage to a slow disc up short, caught some anny around tree putts I didn't think I'd have a shot at within 20-30'. Couple high anhyzers as well, got 1/3 which isn't bad for a desperation shot rest were very close.

Well daily update haha...

Had some wind tonight, it instilled some more faith in the glitch.. I didn't expect such good results, still a straight flying low speed machine.

Also shot a high anhyzer elevator/saucer drop kinda shot, impressed me. Love the slow speed placement!

Mid to upper 160s Electron Glitches would be awesome! I took my Soft Glitch out for a 1 disc round yesterday and it did everything I asked of it, including making a bunch of C1 edge to mid C2 putts. The Glitch might give my Lunas a run for their money as my putting putters.

I like it enough I'm going to replace a Polecat with it for awhile. It seems to fly like a DX Cat except in plastic that won't warp so that's nice. I need to play a mountain course and test its roll away potential since hitting and sticking is one of my main uses for a disc like this.

i'm trying the glitch as putting putter and until now i'm liking them a lot. i used polecats before so it's not a huge difference. i don't mind the weight of the glitch, i just hope they will be produced in electron one day.

So far I'm not a fan. I don't like discs that I have to learn to throw in a completely different way than I throw my other discs. I'll just keep throwing my beat in Electron Proxy in the understable putter slot.

I've been messing around more and more and…I mean I like it I really do but I just don't think it's going to be a good enough disc to take another out of my bag for. It's a really cool and nice disc. But my envy cycle covers my putter shots and I don't have much need for this.

I like it enough I'm going to replace a Polecat with it for awhile. It seems to fly like a DX Cat except in plastic that won't warp so that's nice. I need to play a mountain course and test its roll away potential since hitting and sticking is one of my main uses for a disc like this.

When I first held my Glitch, my first thoughts were "this could replace my proto Polecats"

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, maybe this weekend.

My Polecats are usually used to kind of run longish putts/approaches...like 60'-125'.

I managed to get out again yesterday, and I'm still not sold one way or the other. I think that if I can throw a little more consistent that I'd get totally on ThrowaEnvy's love train. I throw it side x side with my Zephyr (I don't bother with little puny Polecat's) and it can do a lot of the same things. The Glitch might outrun the Zephyr on downhill straight runs!

I managed to get out again yesterday, and I'm still not sold one way or the other. I think that if I can throw a little more consistent that I'd get totally on ThrowaEnvy's love train. I throw it side x side with my Zephyr (I don't bother with little puny Polecat's) and it can do a lot of the same things. The Glitch might outrun the Zephyr on downhill straight runs!

Ha I'm definitely enthralled with the new glitch.. but like Blackburn says it throws different. It's taken me a while to dial in, and it's still not "dialed" . It really is a catch disc first, golf disc second and it's what I've "wanted" for years.

The glitch does new and different things that were previously out of the realm of gyro, more or less. The closest competitor in my bag is the proton spin. The glitch will operate with less power and hold height better, do touch turning shots up close better or at least more extreme turn (and hold the height). If I want a disc to go straight the glitch is an excellent option as long as I throw it properly.

The spin will carve better angles and do late anhyzer turns from flat... its been in my bag since proton spins were a thing, it's earned its keep so many times over largely as a short approach disc. I just wish it held height better haha. So like SF kinda said, I'm not taking my spin out for a glitch.

I'm loving the glitch. Got an ace with it this past weekend. I've had several throw ins also from 50-100 ft. I just throw it at the basket like I would an ultimate disc and it's been amazing.

Usually use my Polecats as the stable approach disc, got a Wham-O 71c* mold for the under-stable approach shots...
I can accurately claim I play Frisbee Golf.
Polecat fits inside the Wham-O that goes in the putter pouch on my cart, below my putters.

With it getting cool out, I don't want to throw the Wham-O's (or my old Rocs) so I am thinking I can go Zephyr for stable approaches and the Glitch for under-stable.

Usually use my Polecats as the stable approach disc...

.... and the Glitch for under-stable.

Hey so you got a chance to throw it today?

My buddy got a glitch after he handled mine, he's out playing skins right now.. Sounds like he's letting people throw it and.... glitch fever may be hitting the island. Haha :D his wife wants one already..

Hey so you got a chance to throw it today?

My buddy got a glitch after he handled mine, he's out playing skins right now.. Sounds like he's letting people throw it and.... glitch fever may be hitting the island. Haha :D his wife wants one already..

Hopefully tomorrow...