• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Glitch 1 7 0 0 The Gyro P/A & Catch Lid

I carried mine again yesterday. Until I lose my preconceived and erroneous notions of what this discs does, I will continue to fail with it. Simply put, it goes too far for the effort.

Simply put, it goes too far for the effort.

Then that's how you should use it. You know, when you're stuck in the bushes with no back swing and you can see the basket laughing at you eighty feet away and all you can do is half swing and snap your wrist. Seems that would be an ideal situation for a disc that goes far with little effort and doesn't really deviate from its line.

Then that's how you should use it. You know, when you're stuck in the bushes with no back swing and you can see the basket laughing at you eighty feet away and all you can do is half swing and snap your wrist. Seems that would be an ideal situation for a disc that goes far with little effort and doesn't really deviate from its line.

This.

I started doing that for most of my Glitch throws, and wow! So little effort and it just zooms! It might become my new get out of jail disc. I can basically just not move my arm and snap the wrist and get a decent run out of the Glitch.

The real question is how it's going to hold up. I've run mine into some rocks and trees and it's picking up some damage in the rim. With such light weights I'm wondering what that will do to stability.

The real question is how it's going to hold up. I've run mine into some rocks and trees and it's picking up some damage in the rim. With such light weights I'm wondering what that will do to stability.

Well, the neutron soft plastic isn't anything new. I bagged an Envy in that plastic for a while and it held up well. I think because its soft and flexible it absorbs impacts more than takes damage.

As a fun bonus, I found kicking far off of trees wasn't really a thing because it would absorb the blow and just kind of fall to the ground.

I got a blank red swirly glitch, and a couple dye jobs coming to me for a fundraiser for music therapy.. Any suggestions on what to stick on it?

I got a blank red swirly glitch, and a couple dye jobs coming to me for a fundraiser for music therapy.. Any suggestions on what to stick on it?

EfFEGAtWkAAxbs2.jpg

I've had a chance to throw mine

more HSS than I expected

I think it could be a useful disc...shots like a Sonic (for glide and speed) but a touch more HSS but about the same LSS

I also like that it's smaller than the Sonic

I can see this staying in my bag although I do like the Sonic for catch

Finally picked up a Glitch for my wife. We only had time to monkey with it in the backyard.

She gave it a light toss fresh the deck that should have landed in the middle of the yard and it just cruised dead straight about twice as far as she expected. She was impressed with how little effort it took and how dead straight it went.

I had trouble throwing it flat and it always wanted to come out on hyzer. I've never really thrown anything lid-like and honestly I didn't like the feel in my hand.

It definitely isn't a disc I want or need for my game but I think my wife may like it for straight, floaty approaches and maybe even putts outside of her normal range.

Got to try my Glitch earlier this week, loving it. A lot more HSS than my ESP Rattlr, and way smoother on sidearm. I would say the Glitch is what I wanted the ESP Rattlr to be.

I was getting it out dead straight 220ft or so off the tee. For long putts, I was using the same release as my normal putters but getting twice the distance on the same line, just perfect. Lastly for sidearm it was significantly better than the Rattlr, decent flip up, getting it out 75ft or so with ease.

I really love the Glitch. It's taken a lot of my approach shots from my Wizards and Scales and it's magical on runs at the basket where glide isn't a liability. Instant winner for my game. I'm eager to use it more on step out and anhyzer forehands.

I really love the Glitch. It's taken a lot of my approach shots from my Wizards and Scales and it's magical on runs at the basket where glide isn't a liability. Instant winner for my game. I'm eager to use it more on step out and anhyzer forehands.

Glitch - Wiz - Scale

That sounds like a fun trio of PnA!

I'm been thinking about picking one up for kicks. Stego - Glitch would be a really fun two disc round.

Glitch - Wiz - Scale

That sounds like a fun trio of PnA!

I'm been thinking about picking one up for kicks. Stego - Glitch would be a really fun two disc round.

It's awesome! I didn't quite click with a Magic but it would be close. The Glitch is so so floaty which pairs great with the Scale which is the easiest disc to range I've ever thrown. Super simple 1-2 punch backhand and forehand.

Can't seem to get a feel for the Glitch. I've taken one out on a bunch of rounds now, and it just doesn't arc as much in either direction as I'd like. It's basically going to be a test disc for teaching myself dying...

Can't seem to get a feel for the Glitch.

Same. Took my wife's Glitch out for a round today and was using it for upshots, long runs at the basket, and even some circle 2 putts. I just couldn't get comfortable with it or consistent. It is super fun to throw because very little arm movement and just a little flick of the wrist will send it gliding. Not sure where she'll end up with it but if nothing else we play catch with it to warm up when we play courses without a practice basket.

Same.

It's weird. It's ability to be easy to throw and go straight doesn't entirely translate into a finesse disc. I'm extremely confident with a hyzer relief, even on upshots but when I start trying to work subtle angles it's slow to respond.

Same. Took my wife's Glitch out for a round today and was using it for upshots, long runs at the basket, and even some circle 2 putts. I just couldn't get comfortable with it or consistent. It is super fun to throw because very little arm movement and just a little flick of the wrist will send it gliding. Not sure where she'll end up with it but if nothing else we play catch with it to warm up when we play courses without a practice basket.

Exactly. It throws with basically the same motion my Fierces do, inside 100 feet or so, but while it's hilarious to nail a field ace with one from time to time, I feel like I'd have to use it exclusively for a long while to be able to predictably do so, and even then it'd only be useful on open upshots in no wind...

It is a fantastic catch disc, but I've got ultimate discs for that.

It's basically a white disc I can use to test dying and not hate having messed up something I want to take to the course...

I know what I'm doing on my day off! Probably going to be mostly Glitch, but I'm sure the Stego will get some use probably after the Glitch went off the fairway.

Please don't report me but the glitch is the first non DM disc I have bought in probably 6 years. Someone had one at a 3 day tournament I was playing and I got a chance to warm up playing catch with it and immediately went to the shop up the road and bought 2. They are just straight up fun to throw. I have not gotten around to it yet but really want to play a glitch only round. The only thing that gets me from time to time is when I try to put a good pull on it. Seems that I am either over thinking it or something about the mold is causing some OAT. I will be using these for every single form lesson I do from here on out.

I've done a couple glitch-only woods rounds in the past couple weeks. They were a real hoot. I don't consider myself a touch player (I don't come from ultimate and I learned on Buzzzes and Teebirds).

The glitch is a do-able level of touch IMHO. It takes a clean release, but there is a bit of an overmold effect to provide some training wheels.

I suck putting with it, but I just smile when I carve wooded lines with it. (And it's not like I'm that good with any putter honestly.) It prefers some height, but you can force ~150' of low ceiling when you need to.

I can't forehand it very far, but it is pretty spin sensitive so that makes sense.

I definitely recommend giving it a shot if you can find it and afford to pick up a toy.

My glitch takes strokes off my score every round. Nice fan grip upshots that don't fade or try to roll when they strike hard ground.

I still have trouble using it for drives. Goes far enough, but I tend to spray it left or right. Something about being lighter weight just makes the disc hard to feel. Not as bad as trying to rip a mini, but on full sends, accuracy goes way down.

Haven't thrown it into headwinds much.

Cross winds will majorly steer a glitch, which is ok if it's blowing in the direction you want to go.

Latest posts