• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Glitch 1 7 0 0 The Gyro P/A & Catch Lid

Well since isamoor popped this thread up I will update my experience... I love it, used sparingly it's awesome and taking a lot of Spin shots. It does short tight approaches in the woods well. Putting is annoying but I sunk a few when the soft electron envy just wasnt an option. Good scrub/ get outta jail disc, good sh#t the bed straight shot disc and for soft landings. Soft tunnels, the kind where you would need some extra spin but it's too short to honk on it and hurt accuracy / risk side play. Played it in the wind a few times with favorable results. It's found a bag spot.

Last edited:
Heh, I'm the opposite. I can drive a glitch hard. But I can't do upshots for crap with it.

For drives, I'm really doing my normal throw. A slight hyzer flip for a straight shot, but not much.

My normal upshots are Zones and Bergs, so I'm not used to floating anything up to a basket. So I definitely don't know what to do with my hands when I need to throw a glitch 100'.

I'd say off the tee I'm right in that 250 range with the glitch (assuming there is height enough for it). And yea, it can get some wind drift, but it really does have some gyro stability to it.

I picked one up when I ordered a couple of Rhythms, not because I needed it, but more as a knee-jerk reaction to seeing it actually in stock. The Glitch is in the bag, but the Rhythm isn't. It's my anti-Berg. I can crank on the Berg and know it's just going to run out of puff and drop, and if I throw it too hard it will perhaps travel 5 feet further than I meant. The Glitch is perfect for little floaty straight shots that will just land flat each time and stop. I will keep the Spin in the bag for longer approaches, but the Glitch has been a nice surprise.

I played a round yesterday in 15 ish mph winds. At first I was having some trouble with my Glitch, turned it over a couple of times at mostly full power. I expect it to get pushed in the wind, but not just flip, so I figured I was rolling my wrist or something. Turns out, I was right, my form was kind of off. I took a few minutes to refocus my throws, and the next throw with it at full power it didn't flip at all, straight as an arrow.

But also, dang this thing bombs with a tailwind. When that wind was a mostly tail/cross wind it landed where I usually land with my Craves on the only mostly open hole on the course when I took a practice shot with it. Granted, the tailwind also helped my main drive and I was still 60' past it with my driver, but that's not a lot of difference in distance between a 9 speed and a 1 speed.

First round with my Glitch yesterday and I am smitten.

Absolutely the most fun disc (sans the Stego) out there. Perfect for tons of actually useful golf shots but also great to play catch with between holes.

Anything 40-70 ft out I was running with the Glitch and I was peppering the green. Tons of near misses, cage hits, etc.

It can burn you if you blow by the basket but man is it fun being able to reach the basket with little effort.

I love this mold and will likely buy more for my kids and dad.

for all those wanting a slightly heavier glitch...IMO the OHM might be your answer. Here's a couple pics with a glitch on the left & an ohm on the right. their ratings aren't that for off either. Glitch 1,7,0,0,..Ohm 2,5,0,1. Anyone compaired both?

Attachments

• IMG_20230210_213014142.jpg
    IMG_20230210_213014142.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20230210_213056624.jpg
    IMG_20230210_213056624.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 42
for all those wanting a slightly heavier glitch...IMO the OHM might be your answer. Here's a couple pics with a glitch on the left & an ohm on the right. their ratings aren't that for off either. Glitch 1,7,0,0,..Ohm 2,5,0,1. Anyone compaired both?

I've got both, I really like the ohm.. But I have a stack of broken in envy (and fresh ones :D). I wish they would give the ohm some love in some other plastics. I concur they would make a good pairing with a little overlap. I've said it many times before if I ever had to replace a bag like lost in a flight or something like that I would reach for an ohm if I could find one. If the ohm was released in electron it would be a glitch in 3 months

I love the Ohm and never leave home without it. Great glide and also nice high speed stability. For some reason I get a better FH release and results with the Ohm as compared to the Envy. My Glitch is 145g and a fun lid to mess with but can't find a use for it in my bag. Between the Ohm, Berg and Zone my approach stuff is pretty well covered.

Y'all start buying some Ohms so they might run different plastics.

I love the Ohm and never leave home without it. Great glide and also nice high speed stability. For some reason I get a better FH release and results with the Ohm as compared to the Envy. My Glitch is 145g and a fun lid to mess with but can't find a use for it in my bag. Between the Ohm, Berg and Zone my approach stuff is pretty well covered.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Threw some glitches for my first time today. Mine are both around 150g.

Interesting disc. Thrown from a stand still with a backhand it was giving me very smooth flights that held the line I put it on. Felt pretty effortless putting it out in the 250-300' range thrown that way.

Didn't try giving it any power on forehands, but I liked how it felt for 150' and shorter flicks. Felt surprisingly controlled for how much glide it has.

When I gave it some juice backhand, I was pretty disppointed to be honest. Not in the disc, but in me. I know I'm rusty as hell, but I felt like I was giving it some pretty good rips, and it only seemed to want go about 350-370'. I was trying to throw it like a 150g Proxy though. I have a feeling to hit 400' with the Glitch I'm going to need a different throw than a Proxy or other regular disc golf putters.

I'm pretty fascinated by it from the ~20 minutes I spent with my two in the field. Exceptional glide, and control. I was throwing big hyzer bombs back to my tripod after ripping them straight in the field, and I came real close to knocking over my camera a few times!

I knew they'd have a ton of glide but the level of control surprised me.

I'm going to film myself throwing a 9 hole with them sometime next week. Mashing them in a field doesn't do the mold justice. These are going to be some pretty serious line shapers, and I think throwing them on different hyzer, flat and anhyzer lines in the 150-300' range will tell me more about what they're capable of than field work did.

I'd love to get my hands on a max weight one. Has anyone seen any 170g+ floating around?

Ohms compete with my favorite disc, the Proxy. I find the Ohm a bit slower, a bit more high speed stable and a bit less glide than my go to seasoned soft N Proxy.

Both are really nice molds but it's one or the other for me. Since I'm used to the Proxy, sometimes like to bag an Envy, and love the soft N plastic for throwing putters, I went with the Proxy.

The Glitch continues to do a ton of (lightweight) heavy lifting for me.

This mold is phenomenal at flying straight. Maybe the best short range straight flight of any disc I've ever thrown.

I use the Gltich for a bunch of upshots requiring a gentle landing. I can throw it both soft hyzer or anny and receive an accurate flight every time.

For those who have hesitated to snag a Glitch for golf purposes, I'd recommend picking one up. I didn't anticipate it becoming a Go To PnA but it happened within the first round of throwing it.

thanks for the info. thought I read the pdga approval page listed them up to 174.

MVP has not produced any at the maximum PDGA approved weight. I think they wanted it to be a catch disc so they kept the weight at 155g max, not sure if a max weight version would have the same flight characteristics if it was designed to be 140-160g.

The Glitch continues to do a ton of (lightweight) heavy lifting for me.

This mold is phenomenal at flying straight. Maybe the best short range straight flight of any disc I've ever thrown.

I use the Gltich for a bunch of upshots requiring a gentle landing. I can throw it both soft hyzer or anny and receive an accurate flight every time.

For those who have hesitated to snag a Glitch for golf purposes, I'd recommend picking one up. I didn't anticipate it becoming a Go To PnA but it happened within the first round of throwing it.

The old DGR nerd in me hates that I'm considering bagging it. Ion, Proxy, Entropy, Glitch, and sometimes an Envy. So many putter molds.

Cool seeing you around btw! Was wearing that old red Reptilian DG shirt today in fact.

The old DGR nerd in me hates that I'm considering bagging it. Ion, Proxy, Entropy, Glitch, and sometimes an Envy. So many putter molds.

Cool seeing you around btw! Was wearing that old red Reptilian DG shirt today in fact.

I feel ya. I carry way too many putter molds right now too. Back then is was why do I need anything but wizards. Added the zone when it came out but dropped the drone.

Now I am bagging putters for putting, different pair for driving… and the berg, serpent, sometimes devil hawk… Blake would definitely give me a hard time.

Latest posts