• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Glow brightness

Jbultman

Birdie Member
Building my glow bag and looking to somewhat replicate what's in my actual bag. How is the brightness of the...
Discraft ledgestone 2020 Discraft force?
Opto-x Chameleon moonshine Explorer
Thanks
J

Discraft glow sucks.
Innova glow starts bright but discharges quick.
Word on the street is Kastaplast is the glow plastic to beat.
Even Discraft glow works if your group is conscientious about not using white lights and killing your night vision.

Of what is in my glow bag this is how I would rate them;

MVP
Innova color glow
Prodigy 300 glow
Innova glow DX
Prodigy Ace Line
Gateway/Reptilian Glow
Trilogy Moonshine

Eclipse 2.0 is brighter and lasts longer than Kasta glow. There's like two kinds of champ color glow that Innova makes. One is smoother and glows brighter/longer. The other is grippier/chalkier and doesn't glow as bright/long. I'd put that smooth color glow as 3rd after elipse2.0 then kasta.

Mvp eclipse 2.0 is the best, then kasta, and nothing else comes close. I don't really see how glow golf would work without these. But eclipse 2.0 doesn't come in many molds yet. They manufacture for mint discs, so the new nocturnal discs from them are also very good glow.

Most of my glow bag is made up of non glow discs with tape on them. The tape glows brighter than most companies glow plastic and is removable.

I haven't seen kastaplast but eclipse is by far the brightest I've played with. Worst would be moonshine.

Different plastics in my bag

The good
1. MVP Eclipse 2.0
2. Kastaplast K1 Glow
3. Thought Space Athletic (Just got the mantra glow)

The bad
4. Innova Color Glow (Starts out very bright and beautiful, but looses charge quickly. Easy to find with UV light)
5. DD Moonshine. Some are bad, some are terrible.

The Ugly
6. Discraft Z Glo... Useless at night.

Lower left: Latitude 64 Zero Hard Moonshine
Upper left: Innova Color Glow
Lower right: Kastaplast Glow 2021
Upper right & middle: MVP Eclipse 2.0

First pic is right after charging with a UV light, second is like a minute later.

You can actually see the Lat64 glow a little when looking at it but it's so faint that the camera doesn't really catch it.

Kastaplast and Eclipse 2.0 put everything else I've seen to shame, they keep the glow for a few holes and you can see the disc's full flight from 300' away. The Innova is not strong enough for me to throw a freshly charged disc over 200' confidently unless it's a wide open hole and I have a very good idea where it's going to land.

Attachments

• 20210111_222714.jpg
    20210111_222714.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210111_222821.jpg
    20210111_222821.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited: