• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Go to distance disc for those who throw under 400ft

I max out at 375' with my Laces, occasionally pushing 400'. They're way more reliable for me than the more understable discs that have been mentioned here like the Inertia and Star Tern.

A fresh 170s Lace is pretty stable at my distance, but the mid-160s I've thrown (166 is my almost-superstitious sweet spot) get easy turn and a reliable fade out of the box. It's nice to get a predictable range of stabilities out of the mold, with a fresh max weight able to hold up nicely into a headwind for me (I crushed, relative to my distance, a fresh Lace into a headwind during fieldwork this evening). I favor Medium X-link, which has a very slow wear; after about a year I've got a good cycle going with a worn 166, a worn 170, and a fresh 174 that cover pretty much all the stabilities I need save crazy headwinds. In those conditions I'll just hyzer flip my Teslas.

The nice thing about Laces is that they turn enough to net the extra D but won't flip as long as you have the right weight for your arm. I can't through low 160s b/c they're too understable for me, but my 166s are crazy workable and my heavier ones have worn into very tight fliers relative to being distance drivers. Much, much more consistent for me than something like an Intertia. Just my experience.

For anything like accuracy at less than 400 I throw a Valkyrie. Really can't believe no one has mentioned it yet. I also throw Inertias and Volts. Both great discs for the power range.

Definitely nothing wrong with a Valk, it used to be my main driver for years and I'm sure if I wanted to I could toss it back in my bag and have no problems. Although when I was throwing them, they did vary quite a bit in stability from DX to Star to Champ, I think the Star's were actually the most stable. I just get more consistent lines out of a Striker or Vision depending what line I want.

Definitely nothing wrong with a Valk, it used to be my main driver for years and I'm sure if I wanted to I could toss it back in my bag and have no problems. Although when I was throwing them, they did vary quite a bit in stability from DX to Star to Champ, I think the Star's were actually the most stable. I just get more consistent lines out of a Striker or Vision depending what line I want.

Yeah, looking for older run Valkyries in decent condition is getting expensive. Luckily for me, I can throw an Inertia on a lot of the same lines as a Valkyrie.

I think the next driver I try out will be an Inertia or Flow. They both fit right between the Striker and Vision, just a touch faster. Both sound like a perfect disc for me, probably get both before buying a stack of one if I like it :)

For max dstance I use a Stag or if it is even more wind a Blitz. I do have a (flippy) Saint and a riot in the bag. But I use a lot of mids and putters from the tee.

try A star beast. I hit 399 and 401. i can't throw a boss consistently farther than a tee bird so i don't throw a boss anymore, or a destroyer. I throw a wraith if it is wind open and need it to hook, but for some reason I can crank on the beast

ppd was the first and only disc i hit 400 with. with koda as a witness. beat up ppd great flip and glide

ppd was the first and only disc i hit 400 with. with koda as a witness. beat up ppd great flip and glide

Definitely P-PD. Seasoned S-lines are where it's at, but P-lines are butter right out of the box, and still keep their fade after taking a beating.

ESP Cranks are great after a little wear, they are like the perfect seasoned Destroyer.

Gotta go with the Valk. Star or Pro. I feel like if someone can't throw a Valk 400 feet, they shouldn't be throwing warp speed drivers. It's all about getting your disc up to speed.