• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Goals for 2010

harr0140

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I know we are still in the beginning of November, but since I have finished most of my goals for 2009 already and surpassed others I have moved on to what I am thinking for 2010. Here is what I am thinking:

1) Hit another 75 courses (will be much harder since I have played every course within 45 miles already.

2) Get rating up to 875-900 from 846 (only 4 tourneys . . . but the highest round I had was like 887)

3) Get to either Flip City or Highbridge Hills.

4) Introduce one friend to the game and get them as hooked as I am!!!!! This should probably be #1 since it is the most nonselfish goal I could have!

5) Get my wife to play an average of once per week so those road trips arent so awkward!

Man I remember that thread about this year. I hit most of my goals, but I still haven't played in more sanctioned tourneys or hit up Renny in Charlotte. So that's my goal for this year-hit up Renny. I'd also like to get to where I can throw 400' consistently (I'm at about 1/4 in no wind, so it's no stretch. I'd like to be at 9/10.). I'd also like to be able to hit 9/10 putts inside the circle. (I can hit 8/10 out to 25' now, at least in practice rounds I hit that.)

But I really want to play Renny soon, and Hornet's Nest too. World's 2012, here I come.

lets see, simply put my goals for 2010 are:

1. improve my putting. I am really horrible at it. I can drive pretty decent but I can't putt to save my life. In fact during a recent round someone told me they were glad I sucked at putting otherwise I would be killing them. I so need work at it. As is said, "drive for show, putt for money."

2. Play in at least one local tourney. Just started this summer, didn't feel like it was worth my time to compete, however I fell like it would be fun to try it.

3. Throw from the Gold tees on Hidden Lake Disc Golf Sanctuary in St. Augusta, MN, espically #15 over the water. I'm pretty sure I have the distance, but not the confidence to try it just yet.

4. Play a pay to play course. It may seem weird but I want to see how big of a difference it makes. Blue Ribbon Pines and Bryant Lake are both within reasonable driving distance for me and I would like to try both.

5. Get my friends to enter a tourney with me. They like disc golf, but I don't think they have the same interest level I do.

I forgot I need to add #6 to my post:

Buy a practice basket so I can putt for 30 minutes per day no questions asked!

1) Score at or under par consistently on familiar courses.

2) Devote more time to practice and learning disc flight and accuracy.

3) Enter a tournament with confidence that I can compete for the win.

4) Get to Highbridge when I'm back in the home state.

5) Double the number of rounds from this year (~50 this year starting late spring)

Winters are long here so I'm going to be desperate to get back into the swing of things when the weather starts to clear. I already can't wait.

1) Score at or under par consistently on familiar courses.

2) Devote more time to practice and learning disc flight and accuracy.

3) Enter a tournament with confidence that I can compete for the win.

4) Get to Highbridge when I'm back in the home state.

5) Double the number of rounds from this year (~50 this year starting late spring)

Winters are long here so I'm going to be desperate to get back into the swing of things when the weather starts to clear. I already can't wait.

What is par though???? It is an old question, but you cannot play the posted par nor can you play everything as a par 3 and be consistent! It all comes back to some sort of standardization with par and course ratings.

1) More Tournaments!
2) Improve Putting by a measurable amount (ie from 6/10 to 9/10).
3) Track all rounds in score book for 2010 to obtain averages to make improvements on in 2011.
4) Get total courses played to 50 (currently 27, I know, kinda weak!)
5) Review 100% courses played.

Some of these are carry overs from this year:

1) Throw 450' (Just broke 400' yesterday)
2) Be consistantly 10/10 20' and in.
3) Have 8/10 consistantcy from 30'
4) Play 7 more courses (including Whistlers)
5) Get an ace (doesn't hurt to put it right?)
6) Score 900+ rated rounds in a tournament (Right now I've had one but my second round was below)
7) Get a membership and get my rating over 880.
8) Host a fundraiser tournament for the Western Oregon Disc Golf Club.

That's good for now

To bring Gravity to it's knees, and have it beg for my mercy.

keep improving, longer/more accurate drives, More consistancy.
maybe enter a tournoment in the summer...but really just keep having fun!!

My Goal is to not lose so many kids to Zombies on disc golf field trips
amandaZombies.jpg

:)

My other goal is to stop using so many smileys in DG forum posts

Goals:

Play another 15 courses
Play all the courses in my hometown
Play all the courses within 50mi of ATL

Win, place or show at a tourney in REC and then move to INT
Improve rating (currently 0 but should be low 800s)
Play a bogey-free round at home course

1. Improve my rating from 887 to something over 900.

2. Play more courses in more states. I'm at 168 in 19 states now, my goal is 250 in 25 states by the end of next year.

3. Double my sanctioned tournaments in 2009 (from 5 this year to 10 next year).

1. Make my first Ace

2. Play at least 20 new courses, at least 10 from other states

3. Do another tour of the Midwest. Playing the Quad Cities and Flip City.

4. Play in at least 1 Tourney

5. Earn My Degree. (August 2010)

6. and finally, become smoke free!

*Play a number of relatively close courses that I have been to lazy to make a day trip to

*Encourage my 2 sons to come out and play more frequently

*Improve putting by getting a practice basket.

*Be more patient with my shot selection and focus rather than just grippin and rippin

*Keep spreading the word--DG is the only thing that can: bring about world peace, re-establish a robust economy, transcend politico-religious differences by exposing them as the trivial when compared to a round of high fives for sinking an 80' uphill putt, cure H1N1 and create rock hard abs.

Latest posts