• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Goals for 2010

My goal for today (while I was at work ;)) was to read 100 reviews of courses and give them a thumbs up or down (I read tons of reveiws, but I only gave 28 thumbs up or down today (they have to be really bad for thumbs down, if they are just semi-crappy they get nothing and I move on.)

I am about to start round 2 of reading reviews, also I am trolling for great lines for the Classic lines thread. (don't ask me to read your reviews)

My goal for today (while I was at work ;)) was to read 100 reviews of courses and give them a thumbs up or down (I read tons of reveiws, but I only gave 28 thumbs up or down today (they have to be really bad for thumbs down, if they are just semi-crappy they get nothing and I move on.)

I am about to start round 2 of reading reviews, also I am trolling for great lines for the Classic lines thread. (don't ask me to read your reviews)

Read all of my reveiws! Gogoggogogogo!

Read all of my reveiws! Gogoggogogogo!

I have never played in Ohio, so I wouldn't know if you actually know what you are talking about. I try to stick with courses I have played and if I ever look at a review to decide on what course to go to, I always give the reviews that convinced me to visit that course a thumbs up.

35 down, 65 left to go, but i am getting bored.

I have never played in Ohio, so I wouldn't know if you actually know what you are talking about. I try to stick with courses I have played and if I ever look at a review to decide on what course to go to, I always give the reviews that convinced me to visit that course a thumbs up.

35 down, 65 left to go, but i am getting bored.

I'll say that I've certainly clicked thumbs-up on lots of reviews of courses I may never play simply because I found the review helpful in the decision of "Would I want to play this course or not?" Then again, if you ask my friends, they'll tell you there's no course I wouldn't actually play at least once which is fairly true.

Hey, one of my goals was to move upto the 4th page of members when sorting by courses played. I just went from 6 to 5 after playign 3 new ones on Sat so I'm getting there! Now, if I can just move to NC this summer as my girlfriend and I hope to then I might be able to achieve this goal very simply. 91 courses and counting after less than 3.5yrs!

You have played 91, but i see you have only reveiwed 14. I am curious, How did you decide which ones you are going to review. I just reveiw them all so people don't wonder why I reviewed all but 1 or 2.

I tried to figure it out, you didn't just review your favorites, is it just luck of the draw?

I sat down and reviewed a bunch and then the one i had for Maple Hill (Leicester, Ma) was probably my weakest review but I very quickly had 30-something people say it was not helpful. It was about that time that the Trusted Reviewer badges started popping up and I think I got discouraged from that. I also had a number of people say my Warwick, Ny review was not helpful. I thought it was a very good review but I think because I said the only thing lackign was that some of the signs were faded enough that they were no longer helpful.

I find a lot of reiews out there that have a bunch of no votes which I think they get because people love the course and hate that the review isn't 100% positive.

If you went through my reviews (which I'm not expecting you to) you'd see I haven't written one in over 2yrs...except for the course I got built this past spring.

Thanks for asking though. It's nice to be noticed I suppose.
I love this site because of the course tracking and mapping. I still keep my text file with courses and first-played dates along with my MS Streets & Trips DG map but that's what I use DGCR for. I don't see much point in adding my thoughts to 10 previous reviews if I have nothing new to say.

(Wow, that was a long post.)

I'll say that I've certainly clicked thumbs-up on lots of reviews of courses I may never play simply because I found the review helpful in the decision of "Would I want to play this course or not?" Then again, if you ask my friends, they'll tell you there's no course I wouldn't actually play at least once which is fairly true.

Hey, one of my goals was to move upto the 4th page of members when sorting by courses played. I just went from 6 to 5 after playign 3 new ones on Sat so I'm getting there! Now, if I can just move to NC this summer as my girlfriend and I hope to then I might be able to achieve this goal very simply. 91 courses and counting after less than 3.5yrs!

We must be kindred spirits. If I am close and I have time I will play it . . . even if it is Duck Pond Recreation Center!!!!

We must be kindred spirits. If I am close and I have time I will play it . . . even if it is Duck Pond Recreation Center!!!!

Yes, I just played Goodnow Park in Princeton, Ma which is basially a "Don't play" in everyone's book. "But it's a course I COULD add to my list" is what I would say. I can find the good ni just about any course. There's always at least one hole that's worth it.

Have you really hit 115 courses in less than a year? That's great. Of course you have far more courses in your area than I do but I also see you've done a good amount of travelling. Great job. About a year ago I was noticing there was nearly no one who had played more courses than I had and had been playing for a shorter duration than I.

If you ever end up on the east coast PM me. We should meetup. Maybe we're twins!

Ok, let's get back to goals people...

My goals for 2010:

1) Play 24 new courses which includes maybe 7 in California, 7 in Washington, 8 in Oregon and 1-3 in Europe this summer.

2) Get ACE # 5

3) Get my 1000th thumbs up review. I'm around 915, I think.

4) At my age, survive 2010.

5) Not DG related but I want to rack up another 5-10 places visited in my "1000 Places To See Before You Die" book.

1. Play more tournaments

2. Play more golf

3. Actually use that skillshot I've got in the backyard

3. More exercise in general so I'm not so tired after a hard 27 hole tournament round.

Goals:
1. Continue to learn and improve by posting and reading in the forums
2. Play at least 12 tournaments
3. Get the first ACE of my career
4. Introduce at least 5 new people to the game
5. Practice at least one night a week (I am a weekend warrior as the closest course is 45 min away)

Goals:
5. Practice at least one night a week (I am a weekend warrior as the closest course is 45 min away)
The best way to fix that is to propsose your own course. I did this 7 months into playing and luckily it worked out for me. It cut my 50min drive down to 20!

The best way to fix that is to propsose your own course. I did this 7 months into playing and luckily it worked out for me. It cut my 50min drive down to 20!

I have one semester left for my masters degree and the course proposal will be the next undertaking for me. I have already scoped out some land that I am planning to suggest.

I have one semester left for my masters degree and the course proposal will be the next undertaking for me. I have already scoped out some land that I am planning to suggest.
Nice job coach. I especially like your goal of getting new people into the game. There's a guy in Connecticut who tries to top that eery year and I heard him say he hit 100-something one time. I've only got one person to play more than a single round btu he has got a bunch of people into it.

I'm always thinking of making a web diagram(?) of everyone I know who plays and how they got into the game.

Get more birdies !!!!!

I live for the bird.
When I birdie a hole for the first time, its like a door opening. I know then that I should be able to do it again.
Some holes, though achievable, take me years to learn how to birdie.
I birdied a hole last saturday, that I have never, despite years of playing the course, ever birdied before.

Its like a drug.

1. Improve my drives right now I can throw about 210' hoping to bump it up to 250 maybe 300'

2. Work on my putting

3. Get more discs and play more

4. Get all of my friends hooked

For those of you thinking about DGCR related goals:

Trusted Reviewer Qualifications
Bronze: 10 Reviews, 50 Helpful Votes, 10 Unique Voters
Silver: 20 Reviews, 150 Helpful Votes, 30 Unique Voters
Gold: 30 Reviews, 300 Helpful Votes, 60 Unique Voters
Diamond: 50 Reviews, 1000 Helpful Votes, 200 Unique Voters

Member Levels:
Bogey member 0-100
Par Member 100-250